Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Don't sail Broadside to a Yamato!

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

6,352
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,081 posts

We are ahead two caps to one, four ships to two, and up by 100 points at 2 minutes to go.

:fish_viking: Look, there is a Yamato. I'll sail broadside to it in a Des Moines so that I can get all my primary guns to bear!

:etc_red_button: Des Moines deleted.

 

:cap_old: Don't sail broadside to a Yamato.

 

:Smile_izmena:  I'm in a Bismark, I'll sail broadside it it so that I can get all my secondary guns to bear!

:etc_red_button:Bismark deleted.

 

:cap_old: Don't sail broadside to a Yamato.

 

:Smile_playing: I'm in a quarter-health Iowa. I'll brawl with it and sail broadside so that I can get all my primary and secondary guns to bear!

:cap_old: Ram it, we still will win.

:Smile_playing: No.

:etc_red_button:Iowa deleted.

 

Defeat

 

:cap_old:Sigh. 

image.png.ec8c13507d0d48a0aba9548f122226a1.png

  • Funny 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

We are ahead two caps to one, four ships to two, and up by 100 points at 2 minutes to go.

:fish_viking: Look, there is a Yamato. I'll sail broadside to it in a Des Moines so that I can get all my primary guns to bear!

:etc_red_button: Des Moines deleted.

 

:cap_old: Don't sail broadside to a Yamato.

 

:Smile_izmena:  I'm in a Bismark, I'll sail broadside it it so that I can get all my secondary guns to bear!

:etc_red_button:Bismark deleted.

 

:cap_old: Don't sail broadside to a Yamato.

 

:Smile_playing: I'm in a quarter-health Iowa. I'll brawl with it and sail broadside so that I can get all my primary and secondary guns to bear!

:cap_old: Ram it, we still will win.

:Smile_playing: No.

:etc_red_button:Iowa deleted.

 

Defeat

 

:cap_old:Sigh. 

image.png.ec8c13507d0d48a0aba9548f122226a1.png

Happens.  Lately, I have noticed that I tend to collect stray battleships behind me. I will be on a flank, and before I know it two battleships are right on my [edited]hiding behind me.  This obviously causes the enemy to angle towards all of us and renders us ineffective.  This is at times rage inducing.  The concept of cross-fire is lost on these mental midgets.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897
[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,149 battles

I would recommend not sailing broadside to many ships in the game.

Learning how to angle properly is a skill that takes a lot of time and practice =).

Even the most skilled of players can make a mistake or have a lapse of awareness, leading to them taking a lot of damage.

 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,009
[-K-]
Members
7,666 posts
12,592 battles

Funny thing is, Yamato is actually a pretty poor brawler compared to her peers.  The fact theirs was able to succeed so well in close quarters speaks volumes about the ability of your team.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,700
[RKLES]
Members
11,273 posts
12,700 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Funny thing is, Yamato is actually a pretty poor brawler compared to her peers.  The fact theirs was able to succeed so well in close quarters speaks volumes about the ability of your team.

Lol you guys need to stop giving away all my Yamato secrets!!! :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
490
[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,577 posts
9,656 battles

 

Skip to 18:00 and understand why you should go broadside to Yammy. Enemy team could have won this match if they stayed angled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,882
[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,837 battles

I can hear the cartoonish smacks now. 

 

YAAAAAMAAAAATOOOOOOOOO~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,439
[ARGSY]
Members
16,436 posts
11,289 battles
51 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Look, there is a Yamato. I'll sail broadside to it in a Des Moines so that I can get all my primary guns to bear!

At least broadside there is a chance - a small one - that you might get bow or superstructure overpens if he fluffs the shot. I've been filleted lengthwise by a Yamato in my Salem, and that's probably even more lethal. The best defence is to get behind a rock that you can fire over and he can't.

As to the rest... ugh, they walked into it one by one, didn't they?

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,073
[CNO]
Members
5,313 posts
16,665 battles

I was the sole surviving ship (a CV) in one of those one sided massive losses.  Reds had six ships left and all the caps.   I was snuggled close to intervening terrain, and was trying to extract a few more moments of revenge as the reds closed in on me.  I probably had three or four more sorties to smack 'em around before a DD or CA cleared the land mass and could put guns on me.

The enemy CV was attempting to also hit me...with the proverbial pin pricks that one CV can do to the other.  I ignored these and let my fighters take care of them as I scurried another SBD squadron to get some revenge.  During the enemy CV attack runs, I become spotted.  Well...I "thought" I had good intervening terrain, but apparently the Yamato (probably a good 20km away) had a line of fire.  FOUR 18 inch CITS...game over....lmbo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
878
[CVA16]
Members
4,434 posts
13,786 battles

"Victory Disease" is real in WG. Your team is ahead and nearing  a win and players all come out of hiding to try and farm as much damage, get as many kills as they can before the game ends. Suddenly you aren't winning anymore...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,596
[NDA]
Supertester
5,314 posts
16,297 battles

While I agree with not sailing broadside to ship with large caliber guns. 
I've lost track of the ship who had their broadside citadel saved by RNG. 

"Captain that ship is showing its broadside!":Smile_honoring:

"Fire All the Guns!":cap_horn:

Twelve 406mm/50 Mk7 Montana guns unload at a broadside ship 13km down range.:BB:

"Did we hit it Ensign?":cap_old:

"We got 1 Penetration, 4 OverPens, 3 Bounces, 3 shells missed, and One shell Citadel'd a Cruiser we can't even see from here.":Smile_sceptic:

Captain shakes his fist in the sky, "Curse you RNG." :cap_viking:

:cap_cool:

Edited by RedSeaBear
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
304
[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
23,906 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

We are ahead two caps to one, four ships to two, and up by 100 points at 2 minutes to go.

:fish_viking: Look, there is a Yamato. I'll sail broadside to it in a Des Moines so that I can get all my primary guns to bear!

:etc_red_button: Des Moines deleted.

 

:cap_old: Don't sail broadside to a Yamato.

 

:Smile_izmena:  I'm in a Bismark, I'll sail broadside it it so that I can get all my secondary guns to bear!

:etc_red_button:Bismark deleted.

 

:cap_old: Don't sail broadside to a Yamato.

 

:Smile_playing: I'm in a quarter-health Iowa. I'll brawl with it and sail broadside so that I can get all my primary and secondary guns to bear!

:cap_old: Ram it, we still will win.

:Smile_playing: No.

:etc_red_button:Iowa deleted.

 

Defeat

 

:cap_old:Sigh. 

It was all worth it just to see your creative use of emojis in this forum post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
523
[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,801 posts
5,807 battles

Join us next week on World of Warships Emoji Theater when Captain Shakes relates the sad but amusing story of two amorous Clemsons and a lone enemy Hosho.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,216
[RLGN]
Members
12,678 posts
22,518 battles
1 hour ago, Legion_2015 said:

Even angled the 460mm can crush most cruisers.

Unless they are bots, at that point player shell correction angles are seemingly reduced to zero, (while bots are increased to 100%,) and anything that isn't a perfect hit will either bounce, overpen, or yield nothing more than a full pen.

Of course, if it's a bot Yamato shooting at a PLAYER, all hits are full pens or citadels at any angle.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,886 posts
509 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol you guys need to stop giving away all my Yamato secrets!!! :Smile_veryhappy:

Your Yamato Secrets are not all that secret...

yHKbBAr.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[LTPTG]
Members
104 posts
15,405 battles

I took a Yamato out with a Mass. brawling. His down fall was his slow turrent turn rate and I was already moving at a decent rate. He got one bow shot and I got three broadsides.

Now that's not exactly something I would try often but it was exciting watching him trying to swing those tree trunks around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
72 posts
1,148 battles
5 minutes ago, Double_Doody said:

I took a Yamato out with a Mass. brawling. His down fall was his slow turrent turn rate and I was already moving at a decent rate. He got one bow shot and I got three broadsides.

Now that's not exactly something I would try often but it was exciting watching him trying to swing those tree trunks around.

I was playing Co-op and did that in an Iowa. The 33 knot speed was quite helpful lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,067
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,696 posts
2 hours ago, Psicopro said:

Happens.  Lately, I have noticed that I tend to collect stray battleships behind me. I will be on a flank, and before I know it two battleships are right on my [edited]hiding behind me.  This obviously causes the enemy to angle towards all of us and renders us ineffective.  This is at times rage inducing.  The concept of cross-fire is lost on these mental midgets.

This is why you have to push and be aggressive.  Outflank the enemy while they are busy angling against the campers on your team.  60% of the time, works every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,067
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,696 posts
19 minutes ago, Double_Doody said:

I took a Yamato out with a Mass. brawling. His down fall was his slow turrent turn rate and I was already moving at a decent rate. He got one bow shot and I got three broadsides.

Now that's not exactly something I would try often but it was exciting watching him trying to swing those tree trunks around.

Yeah if I get into brawling range with a Yamato, he is toast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

This is why you have to push and be aggressive.  Outflank the enemy while they are busy angling against the campers on your team.  60% of the time, works every time.

I do, but since I am the closest I get focus fired while the idiots who can't hit the broad side of a barn behind me fire ineffectively.  Under constant fire its tough to last long enough to be effective in the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,606
[WOLF3]
Members
23,689 posts
21,154 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

We are ahead two caps to one, four ships to two, and up by 100 points at 2 minutes to go.

:fish_viking: Look, there is a Yamato. I'll sail broadside to it in a Des Moines so that I can get all my primary guns to bear!

:etc_red_button: Des Moines deleted.

 

:cap_old: Don't sail broadside to a Yamato.

 

:Smile_izmena:  I'm in a Bismark, I'll sail broadside it it so that I can get all my secondary guns to bear!

:etc_red_button:Bismark deleted.

 

:cap_old: Don't sail broadside to a Yamato.

 

:Smile_playing: I'm in a quarter-health Iowa. I'll brawl with it and sail broadside so that I can get all my primary and secondary guns to bear!

:cap_old: Ram it, we still will win.

:Smile_playing: No.

:etc_red_button:Iowa deleted.

 

Defeat

 

:cap_old:Sigh. 

image.png.ec8c13507d0d48a0aba9548f122226a1.png

It's funny a.f. when people serve themselves up like that to you.

But it isn't funny when those people are on your team and throw the match because of those actions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×