You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Anyone gotten XVM to work properly?

60 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
145 posts
7,606 battles
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

Do published stats take into account potential and spotting damage? I know that WoT PR didn't factor in spotting etc....

Unless something has changed,  none of them do.  Strictly damage, kills and win rate.

After a while, you can spot the really bad players within a few minutes of watching them.  The two primary patterns are yoloing and hiding/sniping, but sailing straight while showing full broadsides is pretty popular as well. 

Personally I stopped using it in order to preserve my mental health and realized I only very rarely missed it.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,397 posts
8,393 battles
2 hours ago, Tibson said:

Unless something has changed,  none of them do.  Strictly damage, kills and win rate.

After a while, you can spot the really bad players within a few minutes of watching them.  The two primary patterns are yoloing and hiding/sniping, but sailing straight while showing full broadsides is pretty popular as well. 

Personally I stopped using it in order to preserve my mental health and realized I only very rarely missed it.

There are quite a few other indicators I like to use. HE Yamatos, DDs smoking and parking in caps in front of radar cruisers, any ships that's not a CV/DD with survivability  expert, and ships with no camo. (especially premium ships) Sometimes I look players up just to see if they were actually bad and sadly I usually am.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
1,097 battles

XVM is a must have, we need to know who are the bads we can’t trust and need to be use as meat shields. 

[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
145 posts
7,606 battles
7 hours ago, alex08060 said:

XVM is a must have, we need to know who are the bads we can’t trust and need to be use as meat shields. 

Once you've played enough battles,  you'll realize that you already know what you need to know 80% - 90% of the time.  There are plenty of telltale signs for people who know what to look for.  It's not foolproof,  but neither is Matchmaking Monitor as it only shows stats for that specific ship.  That's often not enough to tell you much in any case.

Our clan has people on both sides when it comes to use of MM, so there isn't really a right answer.  Just don't fool yourself into thinking that it's a must have tool, because the benefit is situational, and somewhat limited. 

[MIA-E]
Members
2,749 posts
7,608 battles
1 minute ago, Tibson said:

Once you've played enough battles,  you'll realize that you already know what you need to know 80% - 90% of the time.  There are plenty of telltale signs for people who know what to look for.  It's not foolproof,  but neither is Matchmaking Monitor as it only shows stats for that specific ship.  That's often not enough to tell you much in any case.

Our clan has people on both sides when it comes to use of MM, so there isn't really a right answer.  Just don't fool yourself into thinking that it's a must have tool, because the benefit is situational, and somewhat limited. 

Yep. People seem to think that a matchmaking monitor somehow gives information that simply watching how the first few minutes of a game play-out doesn't give. 

[A-I-M]
Members
1,168 posts
15,162 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 11:22 AM, Ducky_shot said:

So the separate window stat monitoring programs work great and all and are super handy at telling you who isn't worth supporting on your team and who is, who to be careful of on the enemy team and who you can be careless around, and which armchair admirals barking orders in chat can be ignored. 

However, it is a pain to use the second window sometimes, especially with ts, discord and obs open a lot of the time, and it would be super nice to have that on the team list in game. 

So I found that there is indeed an xvm mod that does this for warships, however it conflicts with modstation and errors when I tried to install it. 

Anyone gotten it to work with modstation? 

I would prefer that the game start with the enemy roster blank, even as to ship type, and not populate it until enemy ships are spotted. 

• Cool 1

[LRM]
Members
2,791 posts
5,572 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 1:22 PM, MaxL_1023 said:

The fact is, if you are good enough to take advantage of XVM you are good enough to not need it. Just assume you are the best player on both teams (you are probably right statistically) and do your best to win. 

Literally why XVM / MMM is a stupid concept. You should always do your best and go for the win. If you already have the mindset to view the rest of your team as unreliable, then why go through an extra step?

Edited by Phil_Swift_With_Flextape