You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Anyone gotten XVM to work properly?

60 comments in this topic

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,763 posts
10,303 battles

So the separate window stat monitoring programs work great and all and are super handy at telling you who isn't worth supporting on your team and who is, who to be careful of on the enemy team and who you can be careless around, and which armchair admirals barking orders in chat can be ignored. 

However, it is a pain to use the second window sometimes, especially with ts, discord and obs open a lot of the time, and it would be super nice to have that on the team list in game. 

So I found that there is indeed an xvm mod that does this for warships, however it conflicts with modstation and errors when I tried to install it. 

Anyone gotten it to work with modstation? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,411 posts
13,962 battles

Wow, did you guys lose a bunch? Thought you guys were purples....but browns...I am rescinding my 19th application to your clan with this change of events.

:)

• Funny 2

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,763 posts
10,303 battles
4 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Wow, did you guys lose a bunch? Thought you guys were purples....but browns...I am rescinding my 19th application to your clan with this change of events.

:)

New "season" 

Fun to stay in the lower leagues for a while. 

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,397 posts
8,393 battles
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

New "season" 

Fun to stay in the lower leagues for a while. 

O7 was smacking around a few clans in clan wars yesterday. One poor team brought 5 dds and hindy and a monty,they all just ran for the corners of the map. Quite literally, I just fired into the corner and was scoring hits even though I couldn't see them.

• Funny 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,763 posts
10,303 battles
53 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

O7 was smacking around a few clans in clan wars yesterday. One poor team brought 5 dds and hindy and a monty,they all just ran for the corners of the map. Quite literally, I just fired into the corner and was scoring hits even though I couldn't see them.

Those matches are always fun

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,397 posts
8,393 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Those matches are always fun

Not much fun in Bravo team getting beat up by ZR or even rando clans you've never even heard of.

[KRAB]
Members
706 posts
6,942 battles

XVM ruined tanks for anyone skilled - I hope it doesn't do the same here. 

I am pretty sure XVM sniping was at least 50% of the reason why I quit WoT. Why play when every artillery piece (or CV/BB in this game) on the map is focused on you regardless of whether or not they can actually hit you. Winning indirectly by diverting attention is not fun. 

• Cool 4

Members
2,575 posts
3,565 battles
13 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

XVM causes cancer.

• Cool 3

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,763 posts
10,303 battles
3 minutes ago, Harathan said:

XVM causes cancer.

It's much better with XVM. When someone sees someone that is really bad, you know that you can ignore them. You expect them to play bad and if they don't, then its just a nice bonus.

17 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Why play when every artillery piece (or CV/BB in this game) on the map is focused on you regardless of whether or not they can actually hit you.

Oh, it enhances a skilled player in WoWs, knowing what to expect from certain players

As far as getting focused, It's much harder for a CV to focus a player if that player doesn't want to be focused. Way too many tools at your disposal as opposed to tanks

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,763 posts
10,303 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

[Content Hidden]

Well it's been around for about 2 years for warships and you probably didn't even know that. 

Edited by Rally_Vincent
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,227 posts
8 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Well it's been around for about 2 years for warships and you probably didn't even know that. 

Not in a form that works.  There is Match Maker monitor, but it's not as corrosive to the game.  (It should be banned too though.)

Which reminds me, I need to turn off my public stats again to foil MMM.

Edit:  I just did. . . and guess what, my next win will be my 3,000th victory.  Hooray!

[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,165 posts
6,967 battles

I kinda wanted to try this, i'd even ditch all other mods except for the score timer maybe, to have this work... But the instructions are russian right? kinda scared me off if i rememebr correctly. Over a year since I looked into this mod.

[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,165 posts
6,967 battles

Get a cheap second monitor and put matchmaking monitor on it's screen, thats what i do now occasionally.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Beta Testers
272 posts
16,568 battles

I support this thread.

Members
1,555 posts
7,863 battles
3 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

So the separate window stat monitoring programs work great and all and are super handy at telling you who isn't worth supporting on your team and who is, who to be careful of on the enemy team and who you can be careless around, and which armchair admirals barking orders in chat can be ignored. 

However, it is a pain to use the second window sometimes, especially with ts, discord and obs open a lot of the time, and it would be super nice to have that on the team list in game. 

So I found that there is indeed an xvm mod that does this for warships, however it conflicts with modstation and errors when I tried to install it. 

Anyone gotten it to work with modstation? 

Not a fan of mods at all, and XVM seems especially underhanded. Not out right cheating, but definitely insider info. 

Stats are one of the worst aspects of PvP. 

• Cool 2

[OO7]
[OO7]
Beta Testers
272 posts
16,568 battles
8 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Not a fan of mods at all, and XVM seems especially underhanded. Not out right cheating, but definitely insider info. 

Stats are one of the worst aspects of PvP. 

They are the ONLY aspect of pvp that matters. You need to know who you can rely on,who is there to win and who is there to derp around just having "fun". I use the term fun loosely as it is different for everyone as my fun is in winning and others might see fun as yoloing in and being dead at the 5 minute mark of the battle doing 15k damage. If you are unhappy with XVM hide your stats and be "that guy" and dont try to ruin other players perception of fun.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

Members
1,140 posts
51 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

It's much better with XVM. When someone sees someone that is really bad, you know that you can ignore them.

vs.

52 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Oh, it enhances a skilled player in WoWs, knowing what to expect from certain players

the two statements seam to be at odds with one another.

a skilled player who is leveraging stats with XVM to guide some decision making who is interested in their TEAM winning, the last thing you want to be doing is ignoring the potential weak-link that gifts points to the other team.

someone who ignores the potential weak-link in the team is not skilled or a team player, they are self-serving.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
1,168 posts
15,162 battles
2 hours ago, Kevik70 said:

Not much fun in Bravo team getting beat up by ZR or even rando clans you've never even heard of.

Just sailing in the same waters as the unwashed makes you feel unclean?

[MIA-E]
Members
2,749 posts
7,608 battles
1 hour ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I am pretty sure XVM sniping was at least 50% of the reason why I quit WoT. Why play when every artillery piece (or CV/BB in this game) on the map is focused on you regardless of whether or not they can actually hit you. Winning indirectly by diverting attention is not fun. 

I welcome XVM based snipe attempts.

Seriously, when I play Henri at range WASD hacking, I want people to know they should try to kill me. When I'm in a BB please try to farm me.

1 minute ago, Pugilistic said:

We beatup a few teams yesterday that....... well let's just say it wasn't going to be close.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,763 posts
10,303 battles
1 minute ago, b101uk said:

he two statements seam to be at odds with one another.

If I'm in a dd and I see a really bad cruiser behind me, following me to the cap... I'll ignore him and not smoke him up as he likely won't use it and it will be wasted and he's going to die anyways. So because I know that, I can save that smoke for someone who will use it, perhaps myself

I am self serving in that I will do what I can to keep ME alive. If I'm dead, I cannot influence the outcome of a match and I believe I can influence a match better than 98% of the players out there. So by being selfish, I help my team win more. My goal each match is to trade my ship hp for hugely advantageous results for my team. 

If I know a player is good, I can expect them to help me and I'll do the same. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,397 posts
8,393 battles
12 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

Eh, not really but it like you know your players are better and that you should win but you don't. 

Members
1,140 posts
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

If I'm in a dd and I see a really bad cruiser behind me, following me to the cap... I'll ignore him and not smoke him up as he likely won't use it and it will be wasted and he's going to die anyways. So because I know that, I can save that smoke for someone who will use it, perhaps myself

I am self serving in that I will do what I can to keep ME alive. If I'm dead, I cannot influence the outcome of a match and I believe I can influence a match better than 98% of the players out there. So by being selfish, I help my team win more. My goal each match is to trade my ship hp for hugely advantageous results for my team. 

If I know a player is good, I can expect them to help me and I'll do the same. 

it sounds to me like you are aiding the self-fulfilling prophecy to come true of that person gifting points to the other team, and the more people who use XVM, them more that self-fulfilling prophecy will come true, as the self-serving will abandon/ignore the weak link, and when the game goes tits-up with a loss you will blame it on the person/s you ignored rather than on the fact YOU ignored them that contributed.

it is little different from the people who will abandon a flank at the start of a game because the other flank is better in their mind, then moan later when the flank they left was lost because the opposing team capitalised on that weakness.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,411 posts
13,962 battles

You guys are nothing but browns, when the purples say to use this I will look at it. You guys may as well be HE shooters on the Colorado. uh oh....

See the source image