Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Really_Good_Man

CV Fighter rework?

4 comments in this topic

Members
430 posts
8,765 battles

Because it feels really stupid that I can’t defend my own team from enemy air attack as a CV for more than a minute at a time, why not make fighters a deployable zone of influence you can move on the map. I mean, you are already automoving your carrier already, so why not also designate an area to be patrolled by fighters. Since these fighters are doing air superiority, they won’t be able to spot ships, and every time you advance up the tech tree CV line, you get an additional zone to deploy. So starting with 1 fighter patrol at tier IV all the way up to 4 fighter zones at tier X. This could add some extra depth like, do I use my fighters to cover my bombers as they strike a ship that deploys their own fighters or have the cover of the enemy CV fighters, or do I use my fighter to protect vulnerable teammates that are isolated? Also matches in line with the whole unlimited planes theory in that fighter patrols are regenerated so you can’t just keep using fighters as meat shields for your bombers and punishes CV for being greedy

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,757 posts
5,268 battles

Kind of sounds cool, but harkens back to RTS mechanics.    I also wonder if it might not be exploitable.. I use my CAP as much as a spotter now as to actually provide fighter support.    

Members
2,621 posts
93 battles

Great, so you want to add even more ways to make playing CVs more miserable by adding another way to deplete plane reserves.

The main driving point of the CV rework is to prevent CV players from shutting down enemy CV players to the point where they cannot do anything but wait for a long time for their air groups to recover for even one strike.

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

4 fighter zones? No thanks.

We're here to do damage and the fighter consumable is fine for some counterplay, but we don't need a return to total shutdown.

Sign in to follow this