You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Krobekishnuv

CVS Still deleting DDs ( Rant/rage)

89 comments in this topic

Members
51 posts
4,049 battles

Yeah this still isn't fun, Dead within the first three minutes of the game, lost almost all my health in the first minute and thirty seconds, to same tier cvs, that's ridiculous, I couldn't do crapto counter it, even when I was surrounded by teammates and furiously swapping my aa sector, hiding in smoke ETC. Akizuki is suppose to have decent AA, and yet, I'm helpless, when surrounded by teammates? WG needs to bite the bullet, and just remove CVS or confine them to a specific playlist because this is getting ridiculous. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 7

Members
488 posts

Surrounded by allies, pop smoke, reinforced sectors, and claim you are 90% dead in 90 seconds?  lol. If you’re going to exaggerate that much it becomes rather obvious.   

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,219 posts
21,232 battles

Have you tried sticking with your fleet or turning off your AA? It helps alot by reducing your AA/Air detection. Honestly, CVs always target lone ships first and if you're rushing out in front of your team, you're that target. 

[CAST]
Members
4,862 posts
3,402 battles

Well, aside from the fact that CVs, not cruisers, are the logical rock to a DD's scissors, it makes sense for them to be able to hurt DDs if they do it right, although the odds of you getting blapped when smoked up and surrounded by allies is ... questionable.

Perhaps you'd like to share your replay file or files so we can take a look and offer feedback?

Members
1,984 posts
6,226 battles

A problem every Captain faces if you get singled out by air attacks you sink. you got to out play the CV. Since the CV can have only 1 squadron at a time you took the heat of the other ships for a couple of minutes. That's War

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles
13 minutes ago, Lord_Krobekishnuv said:

Dead within the first three minutes of the game, lost almost all my health in the first minute and thirty seconds, to same tier cvs, that's ridiculous, I couldn't do crap to counter it, even when I was surrounded by teammates and furiously swapping my aa sector, hiding in smoke ETC.

This sounds close to impossible. There's a word on the tip of my tongue that begins with L. Don't make me use it.

Replay or it didn't happen.

• Cool 2

[-BUI-]
Members
1,453 posts
4,627 battles

This COULD happen with dive bombers if you charged the capture point alone, but its not likely to have happened with a bunch of teammates around.

[DENY2]
Members
154 posts
2,451 battles
13 minutes ago, Lord_Krobekishnuv said:

Yeah this still isn't fun, Dead within the first three minutes of the game, lost almost all my health in the first minute and thirty seconds, to same tier cvs, that's ridiculous, I couldn't do crapto counter it, even when I was surrounded by teammates and furiously swapping my aa sector, hiding in smoke ETC. Akizuki is suppose to have decent AA, and yet, I'm helpless, when surrounded by teammates? WG needs to bite the bullet, and just remove CVS or confine them to a specific playlist because this is getting ridiculous. 

If you're still being deleted by CV's, you may want to consider your play style. If you're being perma spotted this means you either leave your AA on or you're too far ahead of the other ships and being too aggressive try playing a little more conservative and leave your AA off.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,791 posts
10,099 battles
6 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

A problem every Captain faces if you get singled out by air attacks you sink. you got to out play the CV. Since the CV can have only 1 squadron at a time you took the heat of the other ships for a couple of minutes. That's War

^ This from time to time CVs will get a bug up there butt and decide they want you . There's not a lot you can do but grin and bear it doesn't happen all the time I feel your pain though . Got to man up !!!!

[KSE]
[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,616 posts
15,366 battles

You know what else is still deleting DD's:  Other DD's, BB's, CL's and decent players in general.

If you are getting wrecked that early in the match, you need to rethink your approach.

• Angry 1

[U571]
Members
2,103 posts
14,101 battles

1.  Don't rush caps in CV game.  Be ready to pull back.  It like playing DD in a heavy Radar game. 

2.  Let the CV on your side do some scouting ahead of you.  Let the CV Driver help get you into a position to be successful, by scouting ahead and putting a fighter in place to try and help you.

3.  If the CVs are at opposite ends of the map, wait for the Enemy CV to pull his planes back, then move on the cap, or select a different cap. 

Edited by GrimmeReaper
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,990 posts
58 minutes ago, Lord_Krobekishnuv said:

Dead within the first three minutes of the game -- Akizuki 

Care to post a replay?

[SIMP]
Members
1,388 posts
54 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

Surrounded by allies, pop smoke, reinforced sectors, and claim you are 90% dead in 90 seconds?  lol. If you’re going to exaggerate that much it becomes rather obvious.   

Pretty much this.

And again, if you get focused by the enemy team - BY ANY SHIP TYPE - you are still just as dead. It isn't just because it was dual (I'm assuming) CV's. A couple of radar crusiers with their BB buddys would have done the same thing. (Or in the old CV system you would have been perma-spotted the entire battle by MULTIPLE squadrons crossdropping you or simply circleing out of range while the CV player went on to farm damage from your teammates at the same time.)

[PIZZA]
Members
1,034 posts
11,628 battles

Simply question. 

What are dd:s main tasks? Hiding behind aa-cruiser?

• Cool 2

[KIA]
Members
241 posts
12,477 battles
6 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Simply question. 

Early in a CV match?... Yes.  It really is.  Your job is to stay alive early so you can become the dominant capping and torp threat in mid/late game.  You do so by hanging out with your AA cruiser and making sure HE stays alive to do HIS JOB and protect you (i.e. smoking for him as necessary to avoid plane spotting and subsequent BB blapping). 

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
1 hour ago, zippychippy said:

I get deleted by dd’s when I’m in my cv. It’s wows

At the beginning of the game? I'd love to see a replay.

[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles
21 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Simply question. 

Not behind, but within easy reach of. Push just out in front, but no so far out in front they cannot help protect you. Their 5km AA bubble + your 5-6km no-detect range where you can find less stealthy enemy destroyers = 10km in which your cruiser can reach out and smash the destroyers you find, and help you put them down quick (while you spot the torps and help your cruisers and BBs evade).

[-NOS-]
Members
1,175 posts
19,752 battles

Yes, and meanwhile DD still deleting BB with their torp spamming.      NERF ALL DD TORPEDO ASAP!!

• Angry 1

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,894 posts
8,457 battles
23 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Simply question. 

As if an AA cruiser can protect you...

• Cool 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,613 battles
14 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

At the beginning of the game? I'd love to see a replay.

I always see CV's as the last players alive on their team, well unless they did something stupid like sit still where they spawned.

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
Just now, Kevik70 said:

I always see CV's as the last players alive on their team, well unless they did something stupid like sit still while they spawned.

Yep. I'd like to see CVs have some skin in the game.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,915 posts
14,260 battles

rng hate you

so... you want remove the habilty of dds delete something with one torpedo salvo too? or bbs delete a cruiser?