You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ALROCHA

The reason why you think CV is OP

22 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,542 battles

This was a match that I ended right now, it was the most rage inducing one at that, specially with grounding autopilot AND autopilot trying to avoid grounding when I clearly wanted to (to avoid DD torpedoes).

image.thumb.png.e74372122f31c294f7aee1bb19be304b.png

Now you say, wow, what an [edited], he`s showing a match where he got first, and a T6 battle at that, but the thing isn`t the position, but the plane kills distribution in the other team, THEY GROUPED UP and for almost 10 minutes I couldn`t do a thing, I had to fly around for minutes doing nothing or doing single long range attack runs because if I tried to do something I`d be met with crazy AA...even for T6 ships and DDs. And this is the detailed report.

image.thumb.png.ae643b1e649c98c5d5904e67df659ffa.png

I've got deplaned with every single plane type I had, even fighter consumable, I managed to do damage because I was a T8 full, my planes were able to survive to drop an attack run and recall them, even when getting ambushed by AA from stealthy DDs, and as everyone can see, the damage is spread through A LOT of ships.

Now, you might be thinking, from what you read from the title, is that CVs are OP because they're able to do damage even under heavy AA fire, right? WRONG.

You think CVs are OP because the games you played, your team probably split, and if you see the stats, those were a T8 CV stat in a T6 battle where the enemy team was grouped together, in case they didn't, the match would probably have ended earlier or  with a lot more damage.

Next time you're playing and see an enemy CV that you don't like, try grouping up, 3km is fine since after the attack run, the planes fly forward for around 3~4km before letting you command them, meaning you'll probably kill 3~4, if not all, same applies for fighter consumable.

Additional info:

*No, the planes didn't die for enemy fighters, I don't fall for that.

*No, the enemy CV didn't try to focus me, I just saw that the team was all the way north and grounded in the middle, protected from shells but at 8~10km range of the enemy.

[MHG]
Members
883 posts
3,311 battles
5 minutes ago, ALROCHA said:

I saw your [edited] post, use actual data, not this garbage.

These are actual stats.  Click the link, I am just trying to bring facts to the conversation. 

If it is upsetting I do apologize.

Edited by SJ_Sailer
  • Cool 1

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,227 posts
21,382 battles
6 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Maybe not OP, but still the best EXP earners as a class in the game.  Some players must have figured out how to win.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190309/na_week/average_class.html

image.thumb.png.1b1c7faa2b4fad72171a9698ed06eefc.png

Well if we look at the whole picture, we see that the carriers are still the least played class. We also see they do about as much  damage as a battleship and about 10k more than a cruiser. However, we see more plane kills, base defense, and ship kills than the other classes. 

I know as a CV player, seems I'm becoming a CV main, that kill securing is way easier in a carrier because low health ships can run and hide, making for easy kills and thus easy experience. Plane kills are easy to grab just by dropping a fighter at the right time and place, also easy experience. Base defense is also easy to experience because the carrier may be the only ship, and easiest ship class to do it, able to stop an enemy from stealing a cap. On top of all of that, carrier players that are dedicated to learning the class are figuring out the best ways to do damage.

• Cool 2

[KSE]
[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,622 posts
15,489 battles
7 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

These are actual stats.  Click the link, I am just trying to bring facts to the conversation. 

Your simplistic attempt at arguing that CV's are overpowered has been roundly defeated in two separate threads that you have started.  I predict the same result in this one.

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,456 posts
4,652 battles
19 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Maybe not OP, but still the best EXP earners as a class in the game.  Some players must have figured out how to win.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190309/na_week/average_class.html

image.thumb.png.1b1c7faa2b4fad72171a9698ed06eefc.png

Thats because when you have a semi-decent game, you get a ton of exp for it.   CVs just grant more xp for the same type of game then other ship types.

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,542 battles
7 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Yeah, I clicked the link, but different than what you did, I also clicked the other datas of CV, I went back as far as 2019/01/19

And from what I could see, CV has been like that for a long time, some weeks it actually is WAY LOWER than the others.

You're basically getting a single week of CV gameplay that is still in "beta" and saying that the ship is the best while if you check other data you'll clearly see that there are other ships better at the job. Also, CV exp has been increased, at least I feel like it, since the rework, there were matches where I couldn't do crapand I still got a decent amount of EXP, THAT, is one reason for the average EXP be bigger, other reason being that a CV stays alive longer than the average ship, and as so, is able to keep contributing and after the rework, even after death.

And being honest, I don't like "stat shaming", but after I looked at yours, I can clearly see why it's pointless to discuss ANYTHING related to the game or ship class with you and now I know why the others stopped replying to you.

• Cool 1

[MHG]
Members
883 posts
3,311 battles
5 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Well if we look at the whole picture, we see that the carriers are still the least played class. We also see they do about as much  damage as a battleship and about 10k more than a cruiser. However, we see more plane kills, base defense, and ship kills than the other classes. 

I know as a CV player, seems I'm becoming a CV main, that kill securing is way easier in a carrier because low health ships can run and hide, making for easy kills and thus easy experience. Plane kills are easy to grab just by dropping a fighter at the right time and place, also easy experience. Base defense is also easy to experience because the carrier may be the only ship, and easiest ship class to do it, able to stop an enemy from stealing a cap. On top of all of that, carrier players that are dedicated to learning the class are figuring out the best ways to do damage.

Yes it is pretty clear CV play is much much lower than any other ship class, however if you consider that I think most people, not all, will agree that 1 CV per side per battle is "ideal" that would make sense right?

I am not sure if it is WG intention to have equal numbers of CVs as you do DD or CA or BB.  Maybe it is, I can't say.  If it is the goal to have equal numbers of CVs online as other ship classes then things are clearly not going to plan.

[MHG]
Members
883 posts
3,311 battles
2 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Thats because when you have a semi-decent game, you get a ton of exp for it.   CVs just grant more xp for the same type of game then other ship types.

I suppose that makes sense.  The guys that figured it out are reaping in good rewards, and the ones that have not yet are not.

[WLDAM]
Members
108 posts
10,033 battles
21 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

CVs also have the highest plane kill count.  Kind of an obvious observation since CVs always play with other CVs and are exposed to more planes, while other classes are not.

However, plane kills generate pretty easy XP.  Can you account for that?  CVs will always have extra XP from their above-average plane kills.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,227 posts
21,382 battles
2 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Yes it is pretty clear CV play is much much lower than any other ship class, however if you consider that I think most people, not all, will agree that 1 CV per side per battle is "ideal" that would make sense right?

I am not sure if it is WG intention to have equal numbers of CVs as you do DD or CA or BB.  Maybe it is, I can't say.  If it is the goal to have equal numbers of CVs online as other ship classes then things are clearly not going to plan.

I can tell you that Wargaming stated on one of their streams during the earlier phases of the CV Rework release, that their intent was one CV per match. When that's going to happen and if it's still going to happen, Im not sure, but that was their original stated intention.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Well I definitely don't think they feel OP. They feel like trying to beat a tank to death with a burning wiffle bat to me. I feel like my pre-revamp experience has completely flipped. Before, I understood the mechanics but was terrible at the controls. Now I'm good at the controls but don't understand the mechanics. 

[MHG]
Members
883 posts
3,311 battles
4 minutes ago, ALROCHA said:

And being honest, I don't like "stat shaming", but after I looked at yours, I can clearly see why it's pointless to discuss ANYTHING related to the game or ship class with you and now I know why the others stopped replying to you.

I am not sure what my personal play record has to do with actual statistical facts collected on the game, but to your point I am a sub 50% player who finds DDs challenging to play.

[MHG]
Members
883 posts
3,311 battles
3 minutes ago, MartyStouffer said:

CVs also have the highest plane kill count.  Kind of an obvious observation since CVs always play with other CVs and are exposed to more planes, while other classes are not.

However, plane kills generate pretty easy XP.  Can you account for that?  CVs will always have extra XP from their above-average plane kills.

Great observation.

[DOG]
Members
836 posts
9,883 battles

I don't know.  Looking at the scores, it seems like it was a fairly close game, and it went over 17 minutes.  That seems way more fun just another one-sided blowout.

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,542 battles
11 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

I am not sure what my personal play record has to do with actual statistical facts collected on the game, but to your point I am a sub 50% player who finds DDs challenging to play.

Yes, I also don't like using PR on arguments, it was "childish" of me, sorry for that, but again, doesn't change the FACT that it's pointless to argue with someone with little actual knowledge of the game and that didn't make researches about every little change that CVs have been getting and just jumped to the conclusion that "because CVs get more EXP, they're OP".

And yeah, I also figured out that you're a troll that lights the fire in the forum and that at the slight sign of "trouble" you'll pull the card "I was just talking about EXP, chill" when this whole community has been insulting and critizing CVs play to the point where one could expect TK in-game (and yes, I almost died once because of a TK at the end of the match).

And that will be the last you'll get from my replies to you until you come up with an actual discussion.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,542 battles
5 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

I don't know.  Looking at the scores, it seems like it was a fairly close game, and it went over 17 minutes.  That seems way more fun just another one-sided blowout.

It was pretty close indeed, I think that we'd lose if I hadn't pulled out the crazy thing of rushing for the cap and getting focused by the enemy team while my teammates flanked and got them one by one. The high exp probably also comes from the damage received/prevented.

[MHG]
Members
883 posts
3,311 battles
13 minutes ago, ALROCHA said:

Yes, I also don't like using PR on arguments, it was "childish" of me, sorry for that, but again, doesn't change the FACT that it's pointless to argue with someone with little actual knowledge of the game

1,700 vs 1,400 battles, you have clearly played more games than me but I do not think that is any reason to discount my opinion or discount valid facts I bring to the conversation.

Beta Testers
127 posts
2,359 battles
1 minute ago, SJ_Sailer said:

1,700 vs 1,400 battles, you have clearly played more games than me but I do not think that is any reason to discount my opinion or discount valid facts I bring to the conversation.

Battle count doesn't mean much if you only focus on 1 or 2 classes.
Your opinion didn't worth much due to the fact you haven't play CV enough to understand how it works.
Playing a few rounds of low tier CV doesn't qualify for having CV experience.