You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoSoMo

CV rocket TinyT - Midway....lack of damage

8 comments in this topic

[PN]
Members
2,314 posts
4,941 battles

Suddenly perfect alignment with the tiny tim rockets are doing 600-2k damage?  BB, CC, doesn't matter.  Perfect alignment, clear hits, practically no damage.  What gives?

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

How many hits and what kind? Normal penetrations are a LOT different from over-penetrations in terms of damage. The ribbons that pop up when you hit something should tell you. 

Members
284 posts
4,664 battles

It really depends what and where you hit, did 10k to a Roma straight on. 2-4k on dd's usually and usually 7k at most on cruisers all with tiny Tim's.  I felt bad for an asashio yesterday when I dropped him with two runs with bombs.   10k on first, fire and knocked out basically everything. he dced  Came back droped again , left him at 800hp and either another fire.

[PN]
Members
2,314 posts
4,941 battles
4 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

How many hits and what kind? Normal penetrations are a LOT different from over-penetrations in terms of damage. The ribbons that pop up when you hit something should tell you. 

That's part of the problem, when 5 rockets clearly hit a ship, it says 2 then 1300 dmg.   Something is extremely wonky with rockets over the past 6hrs or so.  This isn't related to the magic target glitch where the reticle magically jumps a 100m or so.  That's a whole other issue.   I can regularly deliver 30-40k damage on rockets, that last 6 games have been a small fraction of that.  PERFECT alignment front-on on a BB and it did 2300.  I've gotten 4 10k hits on DDs since the last patch so I'm quite familiar with the aiming aspect.  Something is way off here lately.   Had a hak say he was seeing the same thing so trying to figure out what's up and if others are seeing this. 

Edited by NoSoMo

Members
7 posts
1,094 battles

Depending on what type of ship, several things could have happened.

DD - Near misses can visually seem like hits. They'll sometimes even knock out modules due to splash damage.

CA/CL - Depending on where you struck the ship, you might have (I'm not entirely sure if this is possible... but I think it is...) overpenned the target for less than full damage. Oversaturation may play a role too.

BB - In addition to the above, if the rockets struck the turrets or the belt armor it is entirely possible that the majority of them shattered for zero damage.

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

It could be a problem with the hit animations, or your game client rendering something that server side isn't happening. I have this happen on one of my PC's pretty regularly. I don't play CV's much, but I'll find that a broadside from my Colorado that very clearly appears to land 6/8 shells only registers 2-3 hits.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,022 posts
1 hour ago, NoSoMo said:

Suddenly perfect alignment with the tiny tim rockets are doing 600-2k damage?  BB, CC, doesn't matter.  Perfect alignment, clear hits, practically no damage.  What gives?

Maximum damage as posted in the specs is theoretical; you are rarely, if ever, going to see it. I've been keeping track of my Tiny Tim damage and it has been averaging about 1100 damage per rocket.

For instance:

image.png.95c97fa3078521c31c61b5e5880f2d1c.png 

1128 damage per rocket.

Edited by Snargfargle