You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Duma

Daily Xp Containers

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
189 posts
2,184 battles

Quick question about these daily XP containers.  I've noticed that when choosing the "More Resources" option that occasionally one will receive collectible items.  Question being. Do those items only pertain to the current "collection" that is underway?  In this case. Fly! Strike! Win!? 

Members
3,089 posts
12,077 battles
8 minutes ago, Duma said:

Quick question about these daily XP containers.  I've noticed that when choosing the "More Resources" option that occasionally one will receive collectible items.  Question being. Do those items only pertain to the current "collection" that is underway?  In this case. Fly! Strike! Win!? 

If there are multiple collections “available” for collecting, only one can be actively collected in regular daily containers.  You can go to collections interface to see the one that is enabled, there will be a toggle option available to collect/don’t collect an incomplete collection.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,208 posts
16,540 battles

Yes. The XP containers of all types have a chance to drop something from whatever collection you have active, as well as random badges.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles
Just now, Duma said:

That is correct.  All the daily containers except for Try Your Luck have the option of dropping an active collection item (until you complete that collection, and then it turns itself off).

If you complete the Yamamoto Isoroku campaign or buy a few Yamamoto crates, that will also start that collection, in which case you would have to choose which collection you wanted to receive items from. Likewise there is an American Cruiser crate available when you complete part 1 of the campaign to get Halsey, and that opens a collection of its own if you didn't already get them from the shop or during the event last year.

If you click on the collection item, it will take you through to the collections screen, where you can see which collections are still unfinished and select which (if any) of the "active" collections is currently accumulating.

Note that some collections are only available by buying the containers (in the arsenal, for coal) and getting the items/trading in duplicates; they do not auto-accumulate. Buy carefully, as not all the rewards for these collections are necessarily worth having. e.g.

Dunkirk collection - gives a 10 point British captain with specific ability boosts. Worth having on CL, BB or DD.

French collection - gives a similar 10 point French captain.

Bismarck collection - gives two alternative permacamos for T8 Bismarck with typical permacamo bonuses. Worth it if you are climbing the German BB line; T8 is expensive.

Second anniversary collection - gives permacamos for a bunch of Tier 8 ships and T7 New Orleans (which used to be Tier 8). These boost free and captain XP without boosting ship XP, but they also give the 10% cost reduction bonus and are worth having if you can't/don't want to spend money for doubloons for permacamos.

North Cape collection - when complete, gives four days of premium time plus a camo for premium battleship Duke of York. This is decorative only, and gives bonuses no different from the one that comes on the ship. IMO not worth the coal unless you have nothing better to spend it on and can afford enough to guarantee immediate completion and make best use of the premium time (if you don't already have it).

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
189 posts
2,184 battles
5 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

If there are multiple collections “available” for collecting, only one can be actively collected in regular daily containers.  You can go to collections interface to see the one that is enabled, there will be a toggle option available to collect/don’t collect an incomplete collection.

Very good.  Thank you!

Edited by Duma

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
189 posts
2,184 battles

Thank you for the clarification guys.  I had sort of worked it out but it never hurts to ask.  Thank you again.

[NSEW]
Members
1,602 posts
10,017 battles
38 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That is correct.  All the daily containers except for Try Your Luck have the option of dropping an active collection item (until you complete that collection, and then it turns itself off).

If you complete the Yamamoto Isoroku campaign or buy a few Yamamoto crates, that will also start that collection, in which case you would have to choose which collection you wanted to receive items from. Likewise there is an American Cruiser crate available when you complete part 1 of the campaign to get Halsey, and that opens a collection of its own if you didn't already get them from the shop or during the event last year.

If you click on the collection item, it will take you through to the collections screen, where you can see which collections are still unfinished and select which (if any) of the "active" collections is currently accumulating.

Note that some collections are only available by buying the containers (in the arsenal, for coal) and getting the items/trading in duplicates; they do not auto-accumulate. Buy carefully, as not all the rewards for these collections are necessarily worth having. e.g.

Dunkirk collection - gives a 10 point British captain with specific ability boosts. Worth having on CL, BB or DD.

French collection - gives a similar 10 point French captain.

Bismarck collection - gives two alternative permacamos for T8 Bismarck with typical permacamo bonuses. Worth it if you are climbing the German BB line; T8 is expensive.

Second anniversary collection - gives permacamos for a bunch of Tier 8 ships and T7 New Orleans (which used to be Tier 8). These boost free and captain XP without boosting ship XP, but they also give the 10% cost reduction bonus and are worth having if you can't/don't want to spend money for doubloons for permacamos.

North Cape collection - when complete, gives four days of premium time plus a camo for premium battleship Duke of York. This is decorative only, and gives bonuses no different from the one that comes on the ship. IMO not worth the coal unless you have nothing better to spend it on and can afford enough to guarantee immediate completion and make best use of the premium time (if you don't already have it).

Hello @Ensign_Cthulhu,

It is refreshing to read your posts (this is the second one I've come across so far), they are helpful and to the point. Kudos to you sir.

[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles
10 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

they are helpful and to the point.

I try to give advice tailored to the person who asks. Seeing the number of battles the OP had, I gave the advice I'd have wanted at that stage of the game (assuming they're not a reroll or a second-server account). Coal is free, but takes time to accumulate; one should spend it wisely.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
189 posts
2,184 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I try to give advice tailored to the person who asks. Seeing the number of battles the OP had, I gave the advice I'd have wanted at that stage of the game (assuming they're not a reroll or a second-server account). Coal is free, but takes time to accumulate; one should spend it wisely.

No Sir.  Not a reroll.  Only recently started playing.  Although I've had the account for several years.  I generally log on and battle first and work on figuring things like this out last.