You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Part 1 Event 3 Exeter's Last Stand

13 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,400 posts
20,231 battles

OK so before I get a heap of reply posts saying play BB's or DD's yes it is that's the best ships to use for this first part, but lets just put that aside first and focus on the part about CL/CA's having to try to get 100000 HP damage from fires.

Lets say for arguments sake some players don't or did not go down both BB and or cruiser line what are they suppose to do charge enemy ships and hope there secondaries burn ships down :Smile_amazed:.

Hope they can rent a Belfast for 7 days, this is just about as bad having to try to get those achievements in random that are needed in the last group of tasks by players that play Coop only.

Ok so yes most players will have at least British 1 BB or DD but really was anyone thinking clearly when they put this task into the event.

Edited by tm63au

[SYN]
Members
15,543 posts
12,778 battles

I think the easiest method would be to grind up the RNBB line and play Queen Elizabeth, although, ideally, you want KG, because it's even better than Conkek at HE DPM and fire starting.

[ARGSY]
Members
16,475 posts
11,306 battles
18 minutes ago, tm63au said:

but really was anyone thinking clearly when they put this task into the event.

Yes, because the British destroyers were released many months ago now, and it's not beyond expectation for a large proportion of the playerbase to have unlocked at least the Icarus.

In addition, the first part of the event that gave us Cossack gave anyone who played diligently enough the chance to have either the Gallant or the Warspite for free, even if you did not get an early unlock for a British destroyer or pay the pittance necessary to get Cossack (if you won enough guineas).

In late 2017, I used to charge enemy ships in my Leander to get fire ribbons because it was all I had. I agree that the difference between doing that and actually racking up 100K fire damage is like chalk and cheese, and I don't like your chances, but if that is the only option open to you, then that may be what you have to try to do.

Ultimately this is a lesson in the importance of diversifying one's fleet, something I learned out of failing to complete North Cape.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,460 posts
4,770 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Ultimately this is a lesson in the importance of diversifying one's fleet, something I learned out of failing to complete North Cape.

Oh damn. That was an awful marathon. Remember you couldn't do it in coop unlike mostly now. Players were doing insane things to complete the trollish tasks WG had set. YOLO fest....

[ARGSY]
Members
16,475 posts
11,306 battles
6 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Oh damn. That was an awful marathon. Remember you couldn't do it in coop unlike mostly now. Players were doing insane things to complete the trollish tasks WG had set. YOLO fest....

The worst part of it, looking back, is that I might have done it if only I'd had T5+ battleships to do the damage requirement with a hard grind and bypass the need to earn Dreadnoughts and High Calibres with my newly-obtained Leander. And yet, all that time I was sitting on 50K FXP that I'd got in a supercontainer, saving it up for "something important", never thinking that I could have used it to help me get at least an Iron Duke and thereby also the Duke of York. But it either didn't occur to me or I was put off by prejudice against "noobs who FXP their way up a line", or both... I should have just gone for it.

FML, but it taught me a valuable lesson and I have been reaping the rewards ever since.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CLARE]
Members
565 posts

I am sorry mate, but that mission was made for Nelson.  (you can get it for free xp)

Edited by ij70
  • Cool 1

[KRAB]
Members
879 posts
7,323 battles

It isn't really an issue - any damage integral type mission will be completed eventually just by playing normally. The real problem are plane kills (as CVs are not always in the game) or Capture/Defended (as not every game is domination and optimal play involves keeping the enemy team OUT of the caps, not letting them in and then resetting them). 

[ARGSY]
Members
16,475 posts
11,306 battles
22 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

It isn't really an issue - any damage integral type mission will be completed eventually just by playing normally.

Ordinarily I'd say that, but with people fighting for fire damage, getting them lit (especially when someone puts them right out at once and they need to be re-lit to have significant effect) is going to be a major issue for someone without HE-slinging main armament. It's not just damage or fires started that's the issue here, it's specific fire damage done.

[INTEL]
Members
2,637 posts
13,975 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And this is one of the reasons I don't sell ships.  Many that I don't usually play are useful for some of these tasks.  It's not because I'm a ship hoarder.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
16,475 posts
11,306 battles
17 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

And this is one of the reasons I don't sell ships. 

My rules are as follows:

1) Never sell a premium.

2) Never sell a ship that you won (includes early-bird unlocks).

3) Never sell a ship for which you bought or won a permacamo.

4) Never sell a ship whose disappearance would leave a glaring hole in your overall capabilities.

[INTEL]
Members
2,637 posts
13,975 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My rules are as follows:

1) Never sell a premium.

2) Never sell a ship that you won (includes early-bird unlocks).

3) Never sell a ship for which you bought or won a permacamo.

4) Never sell a ship whose disappearance would leave a glaring hole in your overall capabilities.

My rule is much simpler

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,683 posts
24,446 battles

With the Nelson you can do the Fly! Strike! Win! missions in co op for the Nelson and the secondaries hits at the same time while you burn other ships down.

Also: some already bought the Exeter, so they can use her for this mission too.

[OTC]
Members
8 posts
3,868 battles

I used about 60k free XP to go straight up the UK DD line to icarus as i didnt have any UK dd's then used Leander for the 1000 hits. Used vanguard and hood for fires and everything else. Just finished the last part of 15 kills and it was a crappy grind. By time i was done i had 100k xp on my Vanguard and 60k on Hood