Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Saydzhi

Can we have the Super Container reward match the option selected....please

18 comments in this topic

[TBF]
Members
58 posts
1,528 battles

I selected the coal reward option since I am trying to get coal to buy something in the Arsenal, and ended up getting a Super Container that gave me 100 flags and nothing more. 

I didn't want flags.  If I wanted flags I would have selected the flag reward choice.  So can we at least have the rewards match the choice made. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,280 posts
19,110 battles

But isn't WG really Burger King? Have it your way...

Actually it does make sense to "tailor" the reward to the container type you selected.

Edited by Khafni

[ARGSY]
Members
16,499 posts
11,322 battles
30 minutes ago, Izgoy0899 said:

a Super Container that gave me 100 flags and nothing more. 

What flags did it give you? I find that when supercontainers do this, it tends to be flags that I turn out to have great need of shortly thereafter.

At worst, your failure to get a resource container cost you 1200 coal. It's really not that much, certainly nothing worth complaining about.

• Cool 3

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

I agree, I'd rather the box give me what I ask for than most of the things I get from supercontainers. Doesn't make me look forward to them when they slow my progression plans without anything I want in return. 

Its like going to Red Robin and getting a surprise burger that turns out to be 100 McDonald's Big Macs. 

Maybe an option to opt out of SCs? I've probably bad a dozen or two now and only one of them didn't make me curse in dissapointment at the override :p

Of course this also devalues what should be an exciting in game experience - a rare reward.

Edited by Tanuvein
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
16,499 posts
11,322 battles
2 minutes ago, Tanuvein said:

I'd rather the box give me what I ask for than most of the things I get from supercontainers.

What I ask for is not something I have to wait that much longer to achieve if I get a supercontainer.

8 minutes ago, Tanuvein said:

I hate it when they slow down my aquisition of new ships

Three extra days at most, assuming the worst case that the normal resource crate you would have got was triple coal and only playing out to the first container on some nights.

Given the time it will take to accumulate enough coal for Jean Bart/some Japanese supercruiser, that's nothing (and I currently need to wait for my ship coupon to refresh anyway).

People really need to get some perspective.

• Cool 3

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
836 posts
1,968 battles

I feel some of you would be happy if WG gave you a free turd, for the simple fact that it's free. On top of that, you'd have to chime in with all the great things one can do with a free turd.

I hope you guys giving that type of response get ramming flags in your next five super containers. They're free, so no complaints.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[P2W]
Members
424 posts
11,273 battles
12 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I feel some of you would be happy if WG gave you a free turd, for the simple fact that it's free. On top of that, you'd have to chime in with all the great things one can do with a free turd.

I hope you guys giving that type of response get ramming flags in your next five super containers. They're free, so no complaints.

Ramming flags are the best. I almost managed to get TWO Die Hard achievements in one game in my Musashi. First I plowed into a very surprised Iowa, and then missed ramming a Shima by a few seconds at a point when I still had enough HP to sink him and live. They don't matter most of the time, but when they do the salty tears from the red ships make it all worthwhile.

Having said that, it does seem like the SC would be that much more exciting if it was the same category as the plain one, but Much More So. I don't normally get anything terribly useful in SCs, but I don't mind them either; I've just learned to temper my enthusiasm when they come.

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What I ask for is not something I have to wait that much longer to achieve if I get a supercontainer.

Three extra days at most, assuming the worst case that the normal resource crate you would have got was triple coal and only playing out to the first container on some nights.

Given the time it will take to accumulate enough coal for Jean Bart/some Japanese supercruiser, that's nothing (and I currently need to wait for my ship coupon to refresh anyway).

People really need to get some perspective.

My perspective is that yes, it isn't major and may delay me by three days, but that's not as good as getting what I ask for so why should I percieve it as a positive or neutral event? Something doesn't have to be a catastrophe to be undesired - its a game, it is by design utopian (though maybe only from WGs perspective), and everything major or minor in it is trivial

Edited by Tanuvein
spelling

[FORM]
Members
1,087 posts
9,027 battles
1 hour ago, Izgoy0899 said:

I didn't want flags.  If I wanted flags I would have selected the flag reward choice. 

Today I had flags selected, got a Loyang in an SC. I'm glad I didn't get flags. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[ARGSY]
Members
16,499 posts
11,322 battles
38 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I hope you guys giving that type of response get ramming flags in your next five super containers. 

Given that we are soon to start an event that requires us to mine achievements, I actually wouldn't mind being able to spam those.

[-KAK-]
Members
505 posts
9,005 battles
1 hour ago, Tanuvein said:

Maybe an option to opt out of SCs?

I think I've seen it all. We're not asking more SCs now, we're asking to remove them.

2 hours ago, Izgoy0899 said:

I didn't want flags.  If I wanted flags I would have selected the flag reward choice.  So can we at least have the rewards match the choice made. 

I agree in principle that contents of a SC should be matched to what you chose.... In reality though, they removed the 5M credit option from SC.... 2 years ago now?, and  there's no SC which contains consumables (to the best of my knowledge) - What would you do with those? Then there's the classic example of getting a ship from an SC. There's no category for that. 

If WG were to implement a change that you didn't get a certain flag when you already had X number of that flag already it might alleviate some of the issues, but there'd still be people complaining they got flags. I don't really know that there's a way to make this work that we'd all agree on, and wouldn't be too much work on their end (Because let's be honest, we've all got dozens of complaints about the game. I'd rather WG focused on those than fixing something which isnt completely broken already)

[R-F1]
Members
17 posts
6,991 battles

How would the supercontainer matching the container type even work. The resources would be OP becuaee then you could only get coal or steel from them and everyone would choose that and flag containers already kinda suck they would suck even more...

Also the credits and special mods have been removed from supercontainer so those credits and comsumables options wouldn't give you anything. Not to mention premium ships wouldn't fit in any category. Only get them if u pick try your luck contaibers? That seems like a terrible idea. I hate try your luck containers

Edited by ixnehc
clarity

Members
12 posts
7,130 battles
2 hours ago, Arlensauce93 said:

So much entitlement in the world.  

Because he is suggesting the super container resemble the category selected for the container suggests entitlement? Smh.

[BISC]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,220 battles
1 hour ago, PedrosMustache said:

Because he is suggesting the super container resemble the category selected for the container suggests entitlement? Smh.

Pretty much my thought. I'd say he's got a legitimate complaint. I've had that happen a couple of times myself doing the same thing. I get more excited over a coal container that's nothing but coal than I do with a SC.

"But it's free!"

Yeah, so is pulling my finger and cracking off a growler. It doesn't make it pleasant. But hey, it's free!

Flatulent remark aside, yes; one would think that picking one category would result (possibly) in a supercontainer with contents from said category, or a ship. It's become a joke in the discords I'm in; when we get one, we post a picture of it with the caption of, "Place your bets!"

Inevitably most replies are "Det flags" or "Ocean Soul" (I remember when that was something to celebrate).

So I get it. And agree with it. Free doesn't always mean good. Although at least it isn't always a total waste of time. That little glimmer of hope that occasionally pays off can turn a day of crappy matches into a decent one.

However, in the grand scheme of things, it's a very minor annoyance compared to other things going on right now from a game perspective. I don't see container changes becoming a priority anytime soon. 

[INTEL]
Members
2,640 posts
13,983 battles

5 hours ago, Izgoy0899 said:

I selected the coal reward option since I am trying to get coal to buy something in the Arsenal, and ended up getting a Super Container that gave me 100 flags and nothing more. 

Yes!  If I have Resources selected, I want the 15,000 Coal SC every single time.

Sign in to follow this