Sign in to follow this  
Tatert0t

Could really use some help and understanding

6 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3 posts
3,843 battles

So here'so my story.

I recently received a permanent ban for using illegal modifications. I truly had no idea what was happening.

WoWS/WoT was something my son and I could play together and have fun. We started with WoT back in the closed beta years ago. We then transitioned to WoWS because my health and reflexes were starting to slow, and WoT was too fast for me. My young son turned into a teenager, and we spent less time playing together. Every once in a while,  he would ask if he could play some games on my account because I had several tier 10s and premium ships he didn't , and he wanted to try them out. My health was declining, and was playing less, but what I didn't know was that my son was playing more and more of my account, and he found a mod that gave him an unfair advantage. Out of the blue I received a warning about using illegal mods, I assumed it was for using Aslains mods, so I deleted it, and thought nothing more of it. Months later , another ban, this time 7 days. I asked my son if he knew anything, he shrugged said he didn't know. I submitted a support ticket asking what was going on, I didn't even get a response. Life was crazy, and I wasn't playing much ,so I kinda just let it go. I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong so I thought it would be OK. A few months later, you know what's coming next, permanent ban. This was right around the time I started to play a lot more often because of being on disability. I submit a ton of support tickets asking what the hell is going on. Most of the answers were form responses. I asked my son again if he knew, and finally he spills his guts about how he found this mod. I nearly murdered the kid right there, but I made him show me everything that he was doing. I put in more tickets, more formal responses. After about 2 weeks, I at least get a human being to converse with, but was told there was nothing that could be done since I was warned twice. They didn't want to hear my circumstances. Yes, I know I should have been more aware of my account, but I'm a guy with some serious health issues, and I trusted him at the time. He had never given me any reason not to. 

I never, ever knew what was going on. Never saw any changes to my playing experience on my computer. Apparently,  the mod is activated before launching warships, and it runs in the background. He was so good at hiding it from me, he would switch it off if he heard me coming in the room.

Some people have said why don't you just start a new account if you want to play so badly? Well, I had this account since closed beta, and have several ships no longer available, permanent camos,etc. Plus a lot of time and money invested. Now, in the mod forum it says they don't want to ban players who are innocent, and they say they take extreme measures to make sure they ban the right accounts. Do you think they were justified in my case? Honestly? All I want is one more chance, I know I don't use illegal mods, and my son is locked out of my computers permanently. 

Is there anything anyone here can do to help me please? I'm a sick, disabled guy that just wants to play some warships, it's one of a few games I can still actually play.

[-K--]
Members
3,986 posts
18,746 battles

You know if everything you said is true I feel badd for you

And that's why nobody plays on my personal account but me

If you give your kid a key to use the gun safe and they go out and shoot somebody it's your fault also

Sorry that's the risk you take to bad your son isn't more responsible, thats the real problem 

[USCC]
Members
2,754 posts
12,006 battles

I understand your frustration with the decision made by WG, but they need to enforce the rules, especially that one, cheating is the best way to take a great game, and completely ruin it.

You should have taken the warnings more seriously, WG needs to stand behind this decision as there is simply no other option for them.

If you really like the game, open a new account and just take your lumps, that may sound cold, and I don't want to come across that way, but it is what it is.

Good luck!

[USCC]
Members
2,754 posts
12,006 battles
3 minutes ago, Tatert0t said:

What harm is there to letting me have one chance?

You had one chance, in fact you had two or three depending on how you look at it....

Think of it this way.... How many times have people heard excuse's like, my dog ate my homework.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm simply saying WG has no way to know who was actually sitting in the drivers seat.

Community Department
3,203 posts
1,209 battles
1 hour ago, Tatert0t said:

So here'so my story.

I recently received a permanent ban for using illegal modifications. I truly had no idea what was happening.

WoWS/WoT was something my son and I could play together and have fun. We started with WoT back in the closed beta years ago. We then transitioned to WoWS because my health and reflexes were starting to slow, and WoT was too fast for me. My young son turned into a teenager, and we spent less time playing together. Every once in a while,  he would ask if he could play some games on my account because I had several tier 10s and premium ships he didn't , and he wanted to try them out. My health was declining, and was playing less, but what I didn't know was that my son was playing more and more of my account, and he found a mod that gave him an unfair advantage. Out of the blue I received a warning about using illegal mods, I assumed it was for using Aslains mods, so I deleted it, and thought nothing more of it. Months later , another ban, this time 7 days. I asked my son if he knew anything, he shrugged said he didn't know. I submitted a support ticket asking what was going on, I didn't even get a response. Life was crazy, and I wasn't playing much ,so I kinda just let it go. I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong so I thought it would be OK. A few months later, you know what's coming next, permanent ban. This was right around the time I started to play a lot more often because of being on disability. I submit a ton of support tickets asking what the hell is going on. Most of the answers were form responses. I asked my son again if he knew, and finally he

his guts about how he found this mod. I nearly murdered the kid right there, but I made him show me everything that he was doing. I put in more tickets, more formal responses. After about 2 weeks, I at least get a human being to converse with, but was told there was nothing that could be done since I was warned twice. They didn't want to hear my circumstances. Yes, I know I should have been more aware of my account, but I'm a guy with some serious health issues, and I trusted him at the time. He had never given me any reason not to. 

I never, ever knew what was going on. Never saw any changes to my playing experience on my computer. Apparently,  the mod is activated before launching warships, and it runs in the background. He was so good at hiding it from me, he would switch it off if he heard me coming in the room.

Some people have said why don't you just start a new account if you want to play so badly? Well, I had this account since closed beta, and have several ships no longer available, permanent camos,etc. Plus a lot of time and money invested. Now, in the mod forum it says they don't want to ban players who are innocent, and they say they take extreme measures to make sure they ban the right accounts. Do you think they were justified in my case? Honestly? All I want is one more chance, I know I don't use illegal mods, and my son is locked out of my computers permanently. 

Is there anything anyone here can do to help me please? I'm a sick, disabled guy that just wants to play some warships, it's one of a few games I can still actually play.

42 minutes ago, Tatert0t said:

What harm is there to letting me have one chance?

Sorry to hear about such situation.
I can't help you with restriction. It's not about getting a chance. The rules are created for everyone. Using forbidden mods is one of the most serious violation in the game for many reasons.
Our Forum Guidelines don't support such topics also.
So the only way is to submit another one ticket and place all reliable information there. If the responce is the same then you may only start new account to continue playing. 
Locked.