You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Exceter mission and [edited] IJN dd playing with cv:s

11 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
1,034 posts
11,701 battles

I quit exceter missions and save my brains. [edited] japanese dd playing with massive cv spam. This is not fun. DD player has to find good aa cruiser and FOLLOW THAT CRUISER. Or permaspotted. And clanbattles has now also cv:s. Permaspotted there also. 

Edited by turbo07

[WOLFB]
Members
3,221 posts
13,162 battles

I watched Gaishu stream where he simulate CB using training room. I didn't watched everything but they still used DD and because you know what your clan mate will bring, and because it's your clan mate you're not going to be heavily perma spotted (provided you know how to DD and your clan mate know how to whatever he plays). The CV takes a CA / DD slot so you're basically giving up a AA/Area Denial/Radar/Hydro.

As for random CV are annoying but turning off AA solve 80% of the CV problem. The rest is positioning.

• Cool 4

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,103 posts

If you are perma-spotted you are most likely alone. Two or more ships together have sufficient AA(A) to defend themselves. Carriers always look FIRST for the low-hanging, easy to reach fruit and pluck it. 

Remember this and you won't get plucked. :cap_horn:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,066 posts
19,891 battles

I really enjoyed the IJN mission.  Kami for the capture, Asashio for torps, and Harug for fires.  Nice to have an excuse to play them again.  Frankly, DD play in Randoms with the nerfed (neutered) CVs is fine.

That said, our clan did participate in the CV CB test yesterday.  We would all agree we would prefer to not have CVs in that environment.

Members
6,229 posts
13,493 battles

Go get it done in a couple of coop games. 

Make sure someone else is spotting a ship for you, smoke up he spam it and get it to use its dcp, then rush it and unload all your torps in it. Should be good for about 2 or 3 floods on a bb and 1 or 2 floods on a cruiser. 

[PIZZA]
Members
1,034 posts
11,701 battles

Point is - dd is not active playing anymore but more passive playing ruled by CV:s and now that does not taste good. One cv plan spot and you have to retreat. Radar and planes. That is too much.

Some us DD:s are very efficient handling cv:s planes. Totally different  feeling to play than ijn:s XXXXXXX destroyers. Sorry to say - it is FUN to kill those planes !  Except when tier 10 cv attac.

Edited by Finnkax

Members
6,229 posts
13,493 battles
17 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Point is - dd is not active playing anymore but more passive playing ruled by CV:s and now that does not taste good. One cv plan spot and you have to retreat. Radar and planes. That is too much.

Some us DD:s are very efficient handling cv:s planes. Totally different  feeling to play than ijn:s XXXXXXX destroyers. Sorry to say - it is FUN to kill those planes !  Except when tier 10 cv attac.

So basically you are saying that CVS can spot you... Just like before the rework?

More news at 11!! 

[PIZZA]
Members
1,034 posts
11,701 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So basically you are saying that CVS can spot you... Just like before the rework?

More news at 11!! 

You over simplyfie very heavily. 

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
21,968 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

More news at 11!! 

Of course you could get spotted before the rework.  But you rarely had two CVs doing so - never remember it at all except at low tiers.  Plus the timing of how often CVs can get planes in the sky is hugely faster (almost immediate) now since they just hit F and launch more planes.

Members
6,229 posts
13,493 battles
5 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

You over simplyfie very heavily. 

So CVS didnt spot you before the rework? Or you can't get these missions done in coop with no CVS? Or can your torps get spotted by planes now making it harder to land torps with ijn dds?? 

What am I missing? Seems pretty easy to me to finish these missions off... 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WOLF2]
Members
115 posts
7,513 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

Go get it done in a couple of coop games. 

Make sure someone else is spotting a ship for you, smoke up he spam it and get it to use its dcp, then rush it and unload all your torps in it. Should be good for about 2 or 3 floods on a bb and 1 or 2 floods on a cruiser. 

That is what I did...Akizuki, suicide rush the first BB I see...I think it too 6 coop matches and it was actually pretty fun.