You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hiwaydawg

The Pirate Fleet now recruiting

4 comments in this topic

[PIRAT]
Members
3 posts

[PIRAT]The Pirate Fleet is now recruiting mature, active players of all tiers.  Good clan bonuses, operations, clan battles, divisions.  

Must be 18+ and not offended by foul language.  

Must use Discord.  

Join the Pirate Fleet today!!!!!  

Free beer tomorrow!!!!

Edited by hiwaydawg

[MACH1]
Members
29 posts
3,390 battles
3 hours ago, hiwaydawg said:

18+ and not offended by foul language.  

This.  This makes it sound as if were I offended by foul language then something must be wrong with me.

Yes, consistent foul language IS offensive.  No, nothing is wrong with me.  Yes, something IS wrong with the person(s) using such language.

Why would a person use foul language on a regular basis?  Studies show there are a few reasons:

1.  The speaker has no respect for his audience.

2.  The speaker cares little for others and is fully focused on himself.

3.  The speaker is lazy in speech and just says what comes into his head first.

4.  The speaker is woefully uneducated and can not convey a message without the use of such language.  Limited vocabulary.

You seek new members that are 18+.  Yet you convey an atmosphere on Discord that is 18-.

No thank you.  

[PIRAT]
Members
3 posts

thank you for trolling my thread.  

Quite simply, our membership is older, and not used to watching their language.  It is a common thing in the gaming world.  Your two cents is unwelcome and unwanted.  

[LODGE]
Members
2 posts
3,908 battles

Clearly someone has a ridiculous self-issue that they're bringing online... if you got offended over someone politely warning that foul language would be used, you need to re-evaluate your life...

On 3/15/2019 at 7:14 AM, Shayleigh said:

This.  This makes it sound as if were I offended by foul language then something must be wrong with me.

Yes, consistent foul language IS offensive.  No, nothing is wrong with me.  Yes, something IS wrong with the person(s) using such language.

Why would a person use foul language on a regular basis?  Studies show there are a few reasons:

1.  The speaker has no respect for his audience.

2.  The speaker cares little for others and is fully focused on himself.

3.  The speaker is lazy in speech and just says what comes into his head first.

4.  The speaker is woefully uneducated and can not convey a message without the use of such language.  Limited vocabulary.

You seek new members that are 18+.  Yet you convey an atmosphere on Discord that is 18-.

No thank you.