You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Citrusss

Legendary!

19 comments in this topic

Members
1,150 posts
9,094 battles

Legendary modules. Got one for Shimakaze (that was pain in the butt grind!) and thinking - are they worth it? 

Members
3,089 posts
12,077 battles

I am guilty of getting all of available legendary modules for my ships, but after a lot of trial and error I stopped using all of them...  Even the one on Yamato, that everyone says is a certain upgrade, I prefer not to use it.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,990 posts

I use the ones for the Des Moines, Montana, and Gearing so at least for the USN ships I consider them worth it.

There is going to be another free respec soon so you can demount if for free if u don't like it. I wouldn't sell it because they might change the module specifications in the future.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

Members
1,150 posts
9,094 battles

any advice on spec? 

I added 20 km torps to the setup and it got really fun on some maps :) 

shima xp.png

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,119 posts
13,281 battles

They change the ship and how it works in various ways. Some times those changes will click with how you play but other times they won't. You have to decide if it will fit your play style.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,990 posts

I can only vouch for the ones I've tried out but so far I really like them.

With both repair modules on the Montana, and signal flags, my floods are 15 seconds. That's right, 15 second floods on a battleship. Fires actually last longer, though not by a whole lot.

The stealth module on the Gearing makes it among the stealthiest ships in the game. CVs usually can't find me unless I pop my defensive AA and shoot down their planes for the fun of it.

The acceleration module on the Des Moines is really good for dodging in and out of cover. Back out slowly, start firing and then hit forward, you will be back under cover before the enemy's shells reach you.  Remember though that it's forward, not reverse that has the big speed boost.

• Cool 1

[_EASY]
Members
265 posts
10,792 battles

The only have the legendary upgrades I have are for the Worcester and Z-52.

On the Worcester the very short increase in length of consumables over loss of concealment, definitely not worth it.

The Z-52 on the other hand the upgrade shortens torp load time and torp concealment turning the Z-52 into a torpedo bote, and it is very much worth the grind.

• Cool 1

Members
1,150 posts
9,094 battles

alrighty. thanks. will see if i will grind some other. closest ones are Khabarovsk and Grozovoi. Next in line is Des Moines 

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
629 posts
5,552 battles

There are trade-offs to consider that on many may just feel too costly for the benefits on the module. I have only earned a few so far.. I keep my Kurfurst because I use a heavy secondary build that it helps with and the Des Moines for the insanely fast zero to full speed in 8 seconds. That one is awesome for getting out of Dodge in a hurry, or if you're adjusting speed and turning to avoid incoming fire. I've got Z-52 and Yueyang, but the tradeoff in concealment hurts (though in the ongoing meta changes from the new CV mechanics, if you're going to be perma spotted, why not?).

The rest I have a long way to go.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,205 posts
13,129 battles

Shima isn't worth in my book. I like to play the ship aggressively and the legendary mod doesn't allow me to do it.

So far only Zao and Henri legend mod seems decent.

Members
1,150 posts
9,094 battles
28 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Shima isn't worth in my book. I like to play the ship aggressively and the legendary mod doesn't allow me to do it.

the biggest problem that it goes into 6th slot which already gives 15% bonus. if it'd be any other and they could stack together - that'd be a great bonus

Edited by Citrusss
typo

Members
3,879 posts
21,215 battles

Shimakaze's legendary mod is not worth it for random battles imo, it forces the player to be so much less maneuverable and passive. It looks ok for clan battles though.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,435 posts
33,051 battles

Most are not worth using, some are pretty good.

I really like Hindy's and occasionally use the ones in Republic and Henry. Just got Minotaur's and I am testing it.

I do not care for Shima's and am getting close on obtaining Zao's which I might like.

Still working on the rest, which I have little interest on (ok maybe Des Moines is interesting - we'll see).

Members
1,344 posts
3,206 battles

I've only got the Midway's. I can't mount it at the moment due to the in-progress CV rework, but I probably would if I could with its current stats.

[KRAK]
Members
3,470 posts
19,306 battles
5 hours ago, Citrusss said:

Legendary modules. Got one for Shimakaze (that was pain in the butt grind!) and thinking - are they worth it? 

Shimas mod is complete garbage but there are a very few that are actually good. 

[OO7]
Members
3,852 posts
9,125 battles
5 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

The one for the GK is amazing the rest are not. 

:cap_cool:

Henri, Zao, Montana, Yamato, Moskva, Groz... those are all pretty good.

[INTEL]
Members
2,616 posts
13,815 battles

Des Moines, Love it

Hindy, Love it.  You can't burn it and you can't flood it.  It can out-maneuver some DD's.

[SHAFT]
Members
732 posts
15,517 battles

I have been running my Shima with the legendary mod since I unlocked it just over four months ago.

For me it fits nicely with the ambush style that I prefer to play with the ship.

The slightly faster reload allows you to get torps out when the reds aren't expecting them. Tied in with running AR on my captain, once I make to the mid late game with a loss of 50% health it can become a torp spamming monster.

Yes the traverse is painfully slow, but really with all the radar and planes about does anyone rush caps early with a Shima to get into a knife fight? At the 10 to 11 k engagement range the traverse is usable for me, for some it is a deal breaker.