Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_BBaby

Fun builds for BBs (suggestions)

4 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,985 posts
4,104 battles

First off, none of these are basic conceptual questions. I know full well how to play BBs and what to do/not do (usually). I just need opinions and a few yes/no questions answered. Recently I made the accomplishment of buying back all the BBs I have played. I play BBs exclusively, and have 69 of them in my port, with 9 more big nosed Russians on the way! The ONLY ships in the whole game I am missing are Bama ST, ARP stuff, Nikolai, and Arkansas B, Black ships, and Bourgogne (only 1150 steel away!). As such, I am looking to try unique builds and fun setups. I have sister ships upon sister ships, and am looking for some variation. Why have a normal NC and an Alabama when I can have an AA boat and a survival build!

Most importantly Does Duke of York have access to the Hydro upgrade? I recall someone mentioned it a few days ago and it got me wondering. I have not found any evidence supporting the claim, and I could have very well simply misread the comment. Want clarification before spending my 12k coal.

I have also deduced I am really missing out greatly by not having an IFHE Massachusetts. Have played the ship just a little but, and never with a designated secondary build. Luckily, I have a spare 19 pointer, having recently earned Halsey and put him on Montana. Was thinking I should go full IFHE build, but I would like to assign the captain elsewhere. It makes sense considering there is no penalty for Premium ships. So the question of the day is, which US BB is the most fun with a (IFHE) secondary build? If it is simply not worth it, I can just assign him to South Carolina or something I will rarely play. While on the topic of secondary builds... Any other fun secondary ships that might be a good 'for fun' thing to do? I have heard interesting things about Izumo, and Alsace is like a baby German. Any good RN Secondary boats? Or maybe other Japanese? It seems mandatory to have a secondary ship for each nation:Smile-_tongue:

I know IFHE on RN BBs is largely ineffective, but I do seem to seem to recall that it did give citadeling capabilities to a select few mid-tier ships. Queen Elizabeth perhaps? A Gneissau torp build might prove fun as well, and a super hydro for FdG using a Jutland brother is in the plan. I still consider AA specs largely irrelevant, but is there any must-have AA boats? Or does anybody else have any hilarious and/or fun BB builds they would like to share? Looking mostly at tech tree ships, because that is what captains will be assigned to... However if its a fun enough premium, Im sure we can find a tech tree ship to stick him on. I have plenty of 10 pt captains and tons of crew XP, so we can just assume I have all 19 points to work with.

Best of luck out there! :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _1204_

[HELLS]
Members
2,435 posts
24,061 battles

Do Montana with a secondaries build. Hilarious! You will lose some range but Montana can handle it, especially when properly flagged. Then you can swap your 19-point Fleet Admiral between the two ships. A bundle of fun and surpises for those pesky DDs tha like to close.

[RLGN]
Members
12,630 posts
22,455 battles

Full secondary skilled captain for South Carolina, (no MFCS though,) in Co-op if nothing else, the ship has surprisingly strong secondaries.

Members
86 posts
3,186 battles

I've got the eight ARP BB's, (not Takao). If there's a way to have WoW transfer them to you, they're yours.

cruisers and bb's (edit)

Edited by ErichTopp_U552

Sign in to follow this