You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
brewakeg

The Level of Detail in World of Warships

34 comments in this topic

Members
137 posts
5,854 battles

Stumbled into an interesting detail on an island in Two Brothers..   My DD got sunk, so I was just zooming around.   Note the laundry on the line is NOT EVEN VISIBLE from ocean level (almost completely hidden behind trees)....interesting to me that someone would go through the trouble of putting it there.   What is the most unusual/ rich Detail that you have seen?    

LaundryOnLine.jpg

TwoBrothers_LighthouseIsland.jpg

• Cool 6

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,878 posts
7,061 battles

Yeah, some of the map and ship model detail is amazing. The modeling team is really good.

[SYN]
Members
3,669 posts
20,310 battles
24 minutes ago, brewakeg said:

interesting to me that someone would go through the trouble of putting it there.

Do you expect the bots to wear dirty clothes?

• Funny 3

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

There is an amazing amount of totally ridiculous detail in many of the towns & villages.
One would think that their time would be better spent correcting graphical errors rather than adding clothes on a washing line!

• Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,006 posts
16,890 battles

There's some pretty good stuff on the desks and consoles on the bridges of some ships. Yes, inside the bridges.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,915 posts
14,260 battles

I like the details, is nice see the islands with cities and tiny details, and the cars/planes moving around.

• Cool 1

[HAP-F]
Members
46 posts
4,240 battles

I like the details too, especially the no Battleship sign on that one map. Can't remember which map but its a high tier one.

Edited by KaiserinaLiz1

[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
5,128 battles

Not the greatest pic but I saw this when I was zooing around after a match and this thread reminded me. Tried to grab this when doing a flyover. There is a steam shovel and yellow dump truck at the top of the pit. Pretty fun. 

Capture.PNG

[NDA]
Supertester, Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,379 battles

I've seen some of the most amazing graphics if this game I try and take shots of them when I see them

Members
137 posts
5,854 battles
11 hours ago, Camo68 said:

Do you expect the bots to wear dirty clothes?

Their clothes get washed every game!  Swimming around in salt water after they get sunk.  That's the point of Co-Op, get all the bots swimming!  lol

[WOLF2]
Members
1,585 posts
10,129 battles
10 hours ago, Edgecase said:

There's some pretty good stuff on the desks and consoles on the bridges of some ships. Yes, inside the bridges.

Please WG.... can you modify the port camera to be free-flying?   I'd love to go anywhere on the ship and zoom in on those interesting points.   Would love to have a benchside view from one of the French ships, or the myriad of other interesting things you see on the ship from afar.    

It's damn good modeling.    Can we haz a free-flying camera?

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
7,785 posts
5,816 battles
14 hours ago, brewakeg said:

Stumbled into an interesting detail on an island in Two Brothers..   My DD got sunk, so I was just zooming around.   Note the laundry on the line is NOT EVEN VISIBLE from ocean level (almost completely hidden behind trees)....interesting to me that someone would go through the trouble of putting it there.   What is the most unusual/ rich Detail that you have seen?    

LaundryOnLine.jpg

TwoBrothers_LighthouseIsland.jpg

I just noticed the lighthouse yesterday.   I had no idea the rest of that was there.

[A-O]
Members
824 posts
8,876 battles
16 hours ago, brewakeg said:

LaundryOnLine.jpg

You have to close in on the underwear. The are all by Calvin Klein . Talk about product placement :-)

• Funny 1

[A-O]
Members
824 posts
8,876 battles
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I just noticed the lighthouse yesterday.   I had no idea the rest of that was there.

How can you overlook  a lighthouse? Watch Notser's videos to see what happens if you navigate without them :-)

[WOLFG]
Members
7,785 posts
5,816 battles
Just now, freggo said:

How can you overlook  a lighthouse? Watch Notser's videos to see what happens if you navigate without them :-)

I don't need Notser's videos to help me find landmarks.

Members
1,691 posts
8,561 battles
14 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If you look at some of towns or airbases you can see vehicles moving around as well.

You can also see cranes accurately moving on some mines. Got to give the workers some credit; they don't take breaks during naval battles.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,309 posts

Yes, the detail is great, unfortunately, they invest far to much in detail, and not enough in the game itself..

As proven by recent server issues.

Graphic artists are far cheaper than Devs.....:cap_look:

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,006 posts
16,890 battles
3 hours ago, DiddleDum said:

Please WG.... can you modify the port camera to be free-flying?

I don't remember whether it works in port (probably not), but you can get a free camera in a regular battle or replay with Right Control + Right Shift + Backspace. And of course if you've been sunk in that battle, you can just move the camera around already.

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

.......Graphic artists are far cheaper than Devs.....:cap_look:

So true.
My son has been a 3D artist since 2004 and his salary is less than that of the programmers who work for the same company.

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
3 hours ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

You can also see cranes accurately moving on some mines. Got to give the workers some credit; they don't take breaks during naval battles.

The thing about these Lilliputian communities sitting on islands around the place is that many of them are completely isolated in that they have no wharves, piers, ports, docks, airports, heliports or blimp hangars.
There are no hospitals, shops or service stations.
No populace, in fact - unless they are all indoors hiding from the BIG ships which often ram into their islands and which also, in many cases, lob shells and launch torpedoes at them.

Edited by JervisBay

[187]
Members
1,626 posts
10,012 battles

They should make the buildings catch fire as shells from hiding cruisers land all over the islands.

• Funny 1