Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Toxygene

DD v CV

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

252
[O2]
Members
63 posts
6,531 battles

DD role needs attention after the CV's have been overhauled. Especially in 2x CV games the DD has no business. Frustrating to play them these days. DD gets spotted non-stop, and hammered by all. 

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
314
[A-CUP]
Members
1,022 posts
8,156 battles

Another one of these threads...DD maifa might as well keep there mouth shut after they sent the CV to the graveyard.

images (1).jpg

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
597
[5D]
Members
885 posts
11,452 battles
8 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

DD role needs attention after the CV's have been overhauled. Especially in 2x CV games the DD has no business. Frustrating to play them these days. DD gets spotted non-stop, and hammered by all. 

Funny because every game I play CV I get DD coming for me and if somebody doesn't support me.i can't do nothing , because you guys cried souxh that rockets are useless now

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,224
[SYN]
Members
3,669 posts
20,352 battles

You need to play smarter, stay in the AA envelope of your team early game, once you have a clearer picture of how the battle is unfolding then move to take caps etc.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,895
[CUTER]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,249 posts
12,904 battles
16 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

DD role needs attention after the CV's have been overhauled. Especially in 2x CV games the DD has no business. Frustrating to play them these days. DD gets spotted non-stop, and hammered by all. 

As a DD "main", I think its good to go.  If you are spotted non stop by CVs that should be telling you you are being to aggressive and are likely straying too far from your team.  Send me a replay, I'll send you a private replay analysis that might help you deal with the problem. 

My YouTube channel might also help you.  I tend to play DDs I see people complaining about the most, or upload the worst of the worst MMing games so people can see how someone how knows how to play DDs plays it, but just as important I try to break it down step by step what my intent is, how I plan to react to threats, why I am positioned a certain way, short cuts to maintain good position etc.  It pretty much a lesson plan on how to DD at a unicum level.  I've been playing a lot of IJN torp boats with TRB since 0.8.0 since they are the most unforgiving DDs to face CVs.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,895
[CUTER]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,249 posts
12,904 battles
1 minute ago, Total_Failure said:

I just shot down  4 planes in a le terrible...

I raise you the plane shredding awesomeness of TRB Kagero.

image.thumb.png.2e3cad26bfac37db1d5ec32f3e0e8d52.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,251
[NMKJT]
Members
4,062 posts

I actually see it as better than when a CV could park a fighter squadron over a smoke cloud. The meta has shifted, DDs still have tremendous capacity to influence games. Tactics need to be updated. Circle of life.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[ADR]
Members
69 posts
14,204 battles
54 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

DD gets spotted non-stop, and hammered by all. 

This is so NOT true, not even in the slightest.  If you are spotted, it's other ships not CV's.  As a CV player, I don't see DD's until after I have flown over them, no way in time to click attack, and I'm already being fired upon.   DD's are so small and agile, it's hard to target, even if I see them spotted from another source.  Since no other ships hang back with a CV, they are a sitting duck to any DD that sneaks through.  Can't see em, can't attack them, they always have a free run at CV's.  DD's are OP and need to be nerfed.

If you are always "hammered by all" then it's you that need to change your tactics.  Doing the same thing now, that you were doing a year ago, just doesn't work.  This is a game which requires new strategies to be constantly developed.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,254
[5D]
Members
3,134 posts
19,960 battles

The CVs are not the OP's problem. If you can't disappear while detected by planes you need to learn how to play DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,218
[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,709 posts
13,905 battles

While I would prefer there to be 1 CV per side, until it changes, you run that risk of getting 2, you also run that risk if playing a DD there are 6 radar ships on the other side, it is what you decide to do, that will determine your outcome as a DD player.

With the balancing that is currently going on with CV's and other stuff, no one can say how it will be in the end, until that time however, DD players have to understand, that moving away from your team at the start, so you reduce yourself getting spotted, is how you can remain undetected, regardless of how many planes might be nearby.  The DD has been given a buffer with the air detect ability reduced, but no DD should ever think they should remain invisible, unless they put themselves into the position to do so.

In the end it comes down to the player itself, than the ship you are playing.  People need to stop blaming others who are good at in their respective ship, and this goes for all ship classes.

But if your just bad at playing your ship, consider playing at lower tiers and getting back to the basics, and learn how to use it.

Positioning is everything in a DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
904
[HINON]
Members
3,234 posts
24,147 battles

End game is where things get hairy for DDs if you have managed to stay alive till end game that is. It's during these instances where I'm trying to sneak into an uncontested cap to give my team the points it needs to win, or when I'm trying to stay alive to maintain the points lead, where CVs are serious pain the bambam. Before if you can dodge two or three waves of bombers, the cap was yours. Now the CV can and will launch wave after wave every 20 seconds until you are dead and there is nothing you can do about it.   

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
64
[ACES_]
Beta Testers
339 posts
4,475 battles

i enjoy playing my dd in cv battles. When i get focused by cv it takes at least 10 attacks to get me low enuf to go hang with the bb or kill me. I get 7-14 plane kills an 20-30 k plane damage. I do stay near an aa bubble. Dds, bbs,and cas kill me way more often than cvs ever do. Ps i am a potato player with brief moments of unicum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
608
[BOTES]
Members
2,065 posts
7,468 battles

DD aren't in a good place right now no matter how you spin it. Pushing is part of the game and you can't do it against CVs with infinite planes and dodgeable flak. Everyone else lost concealment so AA barges can't push up as far to support you anymore. The only time you're going to do well is against a terrible CV player who can't figure out DBs or someone who would rather farm damage than win from the onset. DD play has shifted to a shittier CL playstyle where you play passively and hope your team isn't garbage.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
110 posts
2,428 battles

I seldom play DDs, but I ripped a few games out recently just for fun... top player in 2 of them. DDs are absolutely OP if you have a functioning brain stem. Meanwhile I've seen a 30% drop in my Carrier damage post rework, and now I have to deal with continuous nerfs because you damn DD players can't stop complaining. If you aren't doing well in DDs, it's because you suck as a player! Almost every ship has an average damage of plus or minus 10% of their health pool, expect for DDs which have an average consistently over 50% of health. DDs disproportionately effect the game by a larger margin. Mathematically DDs are OP.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,224
[SYN]
Members
3,669 posts
20,352 battles
28 minutes ago, Tyberius_D said:

I seldom play DDs, but I ripped a few games out recently just for fun... top player in 2 of them. DDs are absolutely OP if you have a functioning brain stem. Meanwhile I've seen a 30% drop in my Carrier damage post rework, and now I have to deal with continuous nerfs because you damn DD players can't stop complaining. If you aren't doing well in DDs, it's because you suck as a player! Almost every ship has an average damage of plus or minus 10% of their health pool, expect for DDs which have an average consistently over 50% of health. DDs disproportionately effect the game by a larger margin. Mathematically DDs are OP.

image.png.ff36ad3300808434d98eb0427b64025a.png

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
110 posts
2,428 battles
12 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

image.png.ff36ad3300808434d98eb0427b64025a.png

High Quality Rebuttal you got there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,294
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,024 posts
3 hours ago, dad003 said:

Funny because every game I play CV I get DD coming for me and if somebody doesn't support me.i can't do nothing , because you guys cried souxh that rockets are useless now

Exactly. When I've been sunk in a CV since the rework it's usually been a DD that came in around the back after the team abandoned the flank on that side. Once a DD is within firing range of you there's not much you can do to stop it if the player has half a brain and keeps moving. I think I've sunk four or five CVs since the rework with my Gearing and I've not played DDs more than 30 times in that period. If there is one CV it's toast. It's only when there are two that they have a chance. However, even then I've really been sunk by other ships and not the CV per se. Even though the CV may have gotten the final kill it was the CAs and CLs that actually took off my hitpoints.

 

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,895
[CUTER]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,249 posts
12,904 battles
1 hour ago, awildseaking said:

DD aren't in a good place right now no matter how you spin it. Pushing is part of the game and you can't do it against CVs with infinite planes and dodgeable flak. Everyone else lost concealment so AA barges can't push up as far to support you anymore. The only time you're going to do well is against a terrible CV player who can't figure out DBs or someone who would rather farm damage than win from the onset. DD play has shifted to a shittier CL playstyle where you play passively and hope your team isn't garbage.

I disagree.  Its all about positioning, and getting work done when you see the CV distracted.  If the CV starts coming for you if you positioned well you are good bait for them to lose squads of planes.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,614 posts
93 battles
1 hour ago, awildseaking said:

DD aren't in a good place right now no matter how you spin it. Pushing is part of the game and you can't do it against CVs with infinite planes and dodgeable flak. 

There is no infinite planes.

Remove that falsehood out of your system.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
734
[TMS]
Members
3,011 posts
29,736 battles
2 hours ago, giovybez said:

End game is where things get hairy for DDs if you have managed to stay alive till end game that is. It's during these instances where I'm trying to sneak into an uncontested cap to give my team the points it needs to win, or when I'm trying to stay alive to maintain the points lead, where CVs are serious pain the bambam. Before if you can dodge two or three waves of bombers, the cap was yours. Now the CV can and will launch wave after wave every 20 seconds until you are dead and there is nothing you can do about it.   

Quite often im the only DD alive on my team and this sums it up

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×