You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

If Furious was a way to get people to play CVs...it's a failure.

50 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
603 posts

I tried it.  I hate it.  I'm not a CV player, but I don't understand how anybody could even hold their own with this ship.  Twenty thousand is a very good game for me.  The problem seems to be that there just is no fire power.  Even WGs 'How it Works' video says basically we have no idea what damage you'll get...just try different places.    I'm open for suggestions on how to increase damage.  Or how to aim you bombers.  I'm only playing in CoOP because I won't ruin a Random game for everybody else.

• Cool 1

[A-CUP]
Members
1,022 posts
8,156 battles

1. Avoid cluster

2. when dropping British bombs always approach from bow or stern of the enemy ship

3.when droping torpedoes try getting closer as much as possible and drop them in front of the ship,IE, when the right side of your aiming indicator barely touches the ships bow. Be mind that different ships and classes have different speed and maneuverability

4.Avoid heavy AA ships, IE, T8 and above USN CL/CA as well as high AA rate ships.

thats it for now, if somebody want to correct me or add something, please, be my guest.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,009 posts
16,934 battles

Furious is a failure, full stop. I hope they don't wait too long to buff it.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

We do have an event that can skip the ship if we have enough event currency, if it sucks skip it and go to the tier 8 CV.

2,694 posts
1,251 battles

I prefer the bombers, more harder for them to evade and can deal one or two 6k dmg to BBs. It also seems to evade flak clouds when it goes into an attack run.

[RLGN]
Members
12,629 posts
22,455 battles
31 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Furious is a failure, full stop. I hope they don't wait too long to buff it.

At least Hermes is good looking.

On Furious, @Edgecase, if you haven’t upgraded the aircraft, make sure you have. (s/b SeaHurricane and Barracuda(?))

Still think the ship is ugly as heck, but at least the upgraded planes are better looking, and seem to be tougher.

(Couple of T7 bots decided to come play pattycake with me last night, (one died to my secondaries, MWEH HEH HEH,) but at least I was able to keep launching planes to attack them without instant evaporation.)

Members
17 posts
1,857 battles
50 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

We do have an event that can skip the ship if we have enough event currency, if it sucks skip it and go to the tier 8 CV.

You have to buy the bundles in successive order.

I agree, Furious sucks. I wasn't a fan of the ranger but it is far better. Implacable, as compared to the Lexington, is even worse. The British bombs either need way more damage or a far higher fire chance.

[WOLFG]
Members
603 posts
40 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

I prefer the bombers, more harder for them to evade and can deal one or two 6k dmg to BBs. It also seems to evade flak clouds when it goes into an attack run.

How do you do that?  Most I get is one at 2500 and usually about 900.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,148 posts
13,310 battles
51 minutes ago, beliy_demon said:

I like it.  Torps are wonderful

This, I only have three matches in the Furious but I am averaging 51K damage with her with most from the torpedoes.

[HELLS]
Members
2,435 posts
24,054 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I tried it.  I hate it.  I'm not a CV player, but I don't understand how anybody could even hold their own with this ship.  Twenty thousand is a very good game for me.  The problem seems to be that there just is no fire power.  Even WGs 'How it Works' video says basically we have no idea what damage you'll get...just try different places.    I'm open for suggestions on how to increase damage.  Or how to aim you bombers.  I'm only playing in CoOP because I won't ruin a Random game for everybody else.

So grind it to 158,000 ship XP. Done deal for me. 34 games in Co-op to learn how, and 39 games in Random, 19 wins and 20 losses 1145 XP average, with my captain up to 13 points. Not impossible, just another grind in a new ship. I did not have 10 games in CVs in 3 years until the RN CV line was mentioned. Implacable here we come when the line drops, because Fly Strike Win won't get you there without buying premium airdrop crates. My wallet is closed

shot-19.03.14_22.44.56-0315.jpg

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

2,694 posts
1,251 battles
36 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

How do you do that?  Most I get is one at 2500 and usually about 900.

Make sure you upgraded the bombers and that the cross eye is on the BBs bridge area when the bombs hit. It took me a while to get use to the targeting.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
741 posts
14,794 battles

hqdefault.jpg

My feelings for carrier play. But to each their own and I wish you well. 

• Cool 2

Members
126 posts
14,730 battles

The torpedoes do like 4500 damage each against most BBs, more against things with weak torp protection. They also aim quick, have a tight spread and a fast arm time meaning you can use them against lighter targets once you get a feel for the targeting. They are your bread and butter. Find a loner with weak AA and just hammer them with torps. Repeat as able.

The bombers are finicky and kind of meh. The biggest thing to note is that the targeting reticle is where the bombing run starts. You get another 10s or so of time to drop, so start the run sooner than you might expect. The bombs suck, but you get 6 of them and they have a ~30% fire chance. Good to punish ships that use their damage control fighting your surface ships. Also they seem to take a bit of punishment.

The rocket planes are fine. Standard faire - low pen, low fire chance, a pain to target. Useful to spot and deliver fighters and when you've run out of better planes.

Edited by Telastyn

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,846 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

You are not a cv player , and you are trying to see if it is fun or interesting the new cv gameplay. i will give you one big +1 for that.

Now about the Furious. What you need to know is all carriers at lower tiers were nerfed badly after the hotfixes. If we are going to talk only about the Furious i am going to tell you that they have the worse attack planes , almost useless bombers but they have good torps. So if you manage to not lose your planes and use only torps you can make them work but telling you this makes the Furious look a very boring ship to play , doens't? Well that is exactly what is happening atm at lower tier carriers. I can't recommend the Furious to anyone and you shouldn't get worry about that. It is a weak ship.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,102 posts
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

You could upload a replay for tailored advice to up your game.

This - because I find her a great deal of fun to play. These are not your old CV's... most of us average joes aren't gonna be knocking em over with our damage counts - but by gosh we can certainly help the team win. I've finished high on the team without ever sinking a single ship through other actions and yup, we won. 

I found it hard to focus on support but once I did, I found the opportunities to arise.

Also there's a mini-game inside of each WoWS battle. Fighter Drop. 

1,878 posts
11,515 battles

I found to use the db effectively I had to start the run at about 4-5km from the ship to aim it right and hope to get fire. personally I find the tb to be more effective and the damage output of the he bombs to be lol at best

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,846 battles
5 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

They should have gone with Courageous. She looked much better with the full island:

HMS_Courageous_(50).jpg

True. I like the Furious look but this one looks much better. What you see where is a future premium.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,102 posts

Well I was just looking through my carrier stats... I'm doing much better in the RN carriers (t4/6). Can't wait to get my hands on the T8. I suspect that means they're heading for a nerf soon. 

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,920 posts
14,282 battles

Any carrier at T4 is terrible (thats the definition of wg: dont play with carriers).

T6 is meh

T8 can be good (if the mm bless you) and 80% of time terrible (sinse the mm hates we all)

TX is.. midway is "okay" (meh), hak is a terrible **** now :fish_palm:

The basic tp is: dont fly over strong aa ships (most of usn cruisers, some bbs). Avoid group of ships try take the alone ships.

2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Furious is the only of the class that survived the war.

Members
126 posts
14,730 battles

oh, and one other tip for the Furious: You know how torpedo bombers "dip" when they start their run, which you can use to dodge flak? The Furious' dive bombers get the same trick, though they dip upwards. (Other CVs' bombers go up a little, but they still get plastered by flak)