Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gnomestroy

As a free-to-play player, I think EVERYONE should be unhappy with WG's current policy concerning OP premium ships

125 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

149
[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles

This morning, WG published a PSA on Reddit

Here's the paragraph you should read carefully:

"There are not many ships like Giulio Cesare in the game, and most of them are quite old; our balancing process has significantly improved since release, and there is no indication that we will have many such ships in the game. However, if they do appear, we will take appropriate action. For example, as we do now, stop direct sales and limit their distribution to very special occasions, so that their presence in battles is minimal."

Very special occasions ...

hmmm...

Like a once-in-a-year Christmas holiday sale?

With extra-special, over-priced Lootboxes available for only limited period of time ?

Not only has WG abandoned the live testing of GC, not only has WG abandoned the initiative to individually balance premium ships, not only has WG re-enforced the unreasonable rule "OP premium ships will not be nerfed", BUT WG ALSO admitted they will continue to sell extremely powerful premium ships inside lootboxes.

For everyone who were disappointed because you didn't get the GC last Christmas, don't worry. You'll get another chance this December.

 

 

 

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 6
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
314
[A-CUP]
Members
1,022 posts
8,156 battles
1 minute ago, Gnomestroy said:

,stop direct sales and limit their distribution to very special occasions,

Special occation means only SC's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,230
[WOLFB]
Members
3,216 posts
13,153 battles

Being a free to play player has nothing to do with game balance.

 

People admited they bought OP premium ship because they ARE broken, people admited it's not fine for Harugumo and Kitakaze to be seen as broken ship but it's fine for GC, Belfast or Kutuzov to remain OP because real money is involved.

 

I wonder how future premium will looks like now. Will WG keep releasing OP premium and break the balance of their game for money ? Will WG release balanced premium that no one will buy because player wants broken ship that doesn't break the balance of the game ?

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles
14 minutes ago, Poisonous_Lily said:

Special occation means only SC's

I don't recall WG ever making that statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles
15 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

OP premium ships is the reason you are playing this game for free @Gnomestroy, you are welcome.

F2P players are the reason you don't have to wait 10 minutes for a match and provides a constant supply of potatoes for you to dev strike. @Ramsalot you're welcome.

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,933 posts
8,625 battles
28 minutes ago, Gnomestroy said:

This morning, WG published a PSA on Reddit

Here's the paragraph you should read carefully:

"There are not many ships like Giulio Cesare in the game, and most of them are quite old; our balancing process has significantly improved since release, and there is no indication that we will have many such ships in the game. However, if they do appear, we will take appropriate action. For example, as we do now, stop direct sales and limit their distribution to very special occasions, so that their presence in battles is minimal."

Very special occasions ...

hmmm...

Like a once-in-a-year Christmas holiday sale?

With extra-special, over-priced Lootboxes available for only limited period of time ?

Not only has WG abandoned the live testing of GC, not only has WG abandoned the initiative to individually balance premium ships, not only has WG re-enforced the unreasonable rule "OP premium ships will not be nerfed", BUT WG ALSO admitted they will continue to sell extremely powerful premium ships inside lootboxes.

For everyone who were disappointed because you didn't get the GC last Christmas, don't worry. You'll get another chance this December.

This all could have been avoided if they had LISTENED to CCs and testers who said GC was "too good" before it was released well over A YEAR AGO. 

That ship has sailed... time to find something else to cry about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,228
[WOLF7]
Members
12,315 posts

As a free to play player, you should instead be asking yourself why you refuse to invest in a game you obviously like.....:cap_hmm:

  • Cool 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

As a free to play player, you should instead be asking yourself why you refuse to invest in a game you obviously like.....:cap_hmm:

Premium time and premium ships are the only things I am short on right now, and IMO both are overpriced.

If WG offers, say, $5 for a month of premium, or $20 for a tier 8 premium, then I would probably have spent around $50 in this game already.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,762
[HINON]
Members
12,404 posts
5 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

This all could have been avoided if they had LISTENED to CCs and testers who said GC was "too good" before it was released well over A YEAR AGO. 

That ship has sailed... time to find something else to cry about. 

There was not a consensus that she was "too good" at the time of release.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,926
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,684 posts
24,446 battles

So one bovine feces post per day isn't enough.

13 minutes ago, Gnomestroy said:

F2P players are the reason you don't have to wait 10 minutes for a match and provides a constant supply of potatoes for you to dev strike. @Ramsalot you're welcome.

Player who pay are the reason why you can play this game.

0/10, very low trolling effort, would not recommend to others.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
689 posts
5,687 battles
34 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

OP premium ships is the reason you are playing this game for free @Gnomestroy, you are welcome.

I guess all of us who bought ships like Sims, Prinz Eugen, Z39, or the Ducas because they were interesting are just nothing special right?

Or those who buy doubloons for xp or permacamos? Or premium time?

"Op premium sales" is a small drop in the bucket, mate.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

So one bovine feces post per day isn't enough.

Player who pay are the reason why you can play this game. 

0/10, very low trolling effort, would not recommend to others.

I wasn't trolling. Why do you think it is unreasonable for me to take WoWS, a free-to-play game, for granted?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,214 posts
21,305 battles

As a free-to-play player, I'm glad they've backed off the premium nerf. I have a few premiums from coal, free xp, and missions, and they should be left alone. If a premium boat is OP, then the opposing team needs to target with focus fire to remove the special threat to their team.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
367 posts
4,167 battles
17 minutes ago, Gnomestroy said:

F2P players are the reason you don't have to wait 10 minutes for a match and provides a constant supply of potatoes for you to dev strike. @Ramsalot you're welcome.

When was the last time your heard someone say “ I wish we had more potatoes in this game”?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

 

If you didn’t get the hint WG doesn’t care about the free to drink play crowd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,246
[XBRTC]
Members
3,142 posts
10,011 battles
7 minutes ago, Gnomestroy said:

Premium time and premium ships are the only things I am short on right now, and IMO both are overpriced.

If WG offers, say, $5 for a month of premium, or $20 for a tier 8 premium, then I would probably have spent around $50 in this game already.

 

4 minutes ago, Gnomestroy said:

I wasn't trolling. Why do you think it is unreasonable for me to take WoWS, a free-to-play game, for granted?

 

Image result for low quality bait

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,718
[RKLES]
Members
11,295 posts
12,715 battles
8 minutes ago, Gnomestroy said:

This morning, WG published a PSA on Reddit

Here's the paragraph you should read carefully:

"There are not many ships like Giulio Cesare in the game, and most of them are quite old; our balancing process has significantly improved since release, and there is no indication that we will have many such ships in the game. However, if they do appear, we will take appropriate action. For example, as we do now, stop direct sales and limit their distribution to very special occasions, so that their presence in battles is minimal."

Very special occasions ...

hmmm...

Like a once-in-a-year Christmas holiday sale?

With extra-special, over-priced Lootboxes available for only limited period of time ?

Not only has WG abandoned the live testing of GC, not only has WG abandoned the initiative to individually balance premium ships, not only has WG re-enforced the unreasonable rule "OP premium ships will not be nerfed", BUT WG ALSO admitted they will continue to sell extremely powerful premium ships inside lootboxes.

For everyone who were disappointed because you didn't get the GC last Christmas, don't worry. You'll get another chance this December.

Ok let’s take a look at a few things about premiums shall we?

Roma powerful guns, great Concealment for a BB, and is fast. But while armor is reasonable, the citadel sits above waterline, the guns frequently over pen from what I have seen, and the accuracy appears to be worse than the Germans. For many of the Premiums such things are the case, some strengths, but certainly noticeable down sides. So while from what I have seen Roma is not Garabage or anything, but certainly not overpowered, just in the middle in terms of overall performance. So while it can fight it certainly can be sunk.

Bismarck gets Hydro and Better AA, the Tirpitz has weaker AA, no Hydro, but gets 6km range torpedoes.

Kii has thicker armor belt, but slightly less accurate main guns, weaker secondary guns, little worse mobility, and poor torpedo defense when compared to Amagi. Although Kii AA is better and it does get torpedoes which can get you sunk trying to use most of the time unless situation allows for the torpedoes to be used much like IJN CAs.

Mutsu gets torpedoes that are difficult to use, virtually no AA when compared to her sister Nagato.

Ashitaka is certain not without drawbacks when compared to Amagi. 

Sharnhorst while one of the more effective premiums does get slightly slower speed, a little weaker AA and secondaries, and lacks the damage hitting power vs BBs that Gneisenau gets. Although with both of these ships I would still call them equals when used in battle.

P.E. Friedrich while having decent secondaries, speed, and hitting power of main guns does suffer in terms of armor because she is a WWI Battlecruiser and her Main guns are inaccurate.

Musashi’s main perk is being able to face tier 7 ships sometimes, but she suffers horribly in losses of secondary guns and AA for this privilege when compared to Yamato, and Musashi still has to face tier 10 ships in that condition.

Salem gets “super heal” Consumables in exchange for mediocre Radar and less AA than Des Moines, but on all other asiects the 2 ships are the same in capabilities.

Now there are some ships I consider full upgrade above their rivals and those are Harekaze, Missouri, and Graf Spee, which Graf Spee is unique in the game and does not have a direct rival to compare unless you compare other tier VI CAs in general. I also consider Duke of York superior to KGV thanks to DOY getting Hydro. Well actually none of the tier 6-7 Royal Navy BBs are bad, and since they don’t have direct tech tree rivals except between KGV and DOY it can be difficult to judge like some other Premiums except against normal tech tree ships.

And would also like to point out that some premiums are available for coal, Steel, or Free XP so even free to play players get or have had access to fair number of premium ships and of course the free to earn events. 

In closing the point I am trying to make is that except for the occasional premium ship, most are by no means overpowered, different yes, but not overpowered.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles
1 minute ago, theLaalaa said:

As a free-to-play player, I'm glad they've backed off the premium nerf. I have a few premiums from coal, free xp, and missions, and they should be left alone. If a premium boat is OP, then the opposing team needs to target with focus fire to remove the special threat to their team.

I also have a few premiums from coal or missions - such as the Marblehead, Aigle, and the Hood.

I would be fine with WG not nerfing premiums if they also balance underperforming Promo premiums or Coal-premiums, but WG doesn't seem to take those ships seriously.

As for the Hood, I have no idea what WG is even trying to do

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Don't be silly, they are limiting the sale of those OP ships so only a few players from the old days will have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,718
[RKLES]
Members
11,295 posts
12,715 battles
34 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Being a free to play player has nothing to do with game balance.

 

People admited they bought OP premium ship because they ARE broken, people admited it's not fine for Harugumo and Kitakaze to be seen as broken ship but it's fine for GC, Belfast or Kutuzov to remain OP because real money is involved.

 

I wonder how future premium will looks like now. Will WG keep releasing OP premium and break the balance of their game for money ? Will WG release balanced premium that no one will buy because player wants broken ship that doesn't break the balance of the game ?

 

 

As long as I can kill those “ OP Premiums” then it’s fine, have sliced up Belfast even in Akatsuki, when DDs are the main ships Belfast is meant to hunt. Guillio Ceasar is fast and decent guns as well as armor, but same thing I have sunk enough of them to know that just because your sailing one does not mean you get instant advantage that defeats players will skill and experience.

Kutuzov I do have to grumble about a little lol, mainly because had one deep fry my my high HP Bismarck in tier 8 Ranked before. But that could have been any number of ships doing that when I get caught out of position. The Kutuzov had skillful player and I respect that.

Lol if you want to see some really OP premiums direct your attention to World of Tanks. Been a few tanks that have been quite powerful, still killable of course, but in certain positions they can tank fire like you would not believe, and requires them to be hit from opposite sides to take down. Or to simply be able to accurately keep track of whenntheir next shell magazine will be realoading on some of those tanks. Ah good times I must say lol.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,224
[SYN]
Members
3,669 posts
20,395 battles
9 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

 

 

Image result for low quality bait

^^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
165
[SKDSH]
Members
446 posts
8,626 battles
17 minutes ago, Gnomestroy said:

F2P players are the reason you don't have to wait 10 minutes for a match and provides a constant supply of potatoes for you to dev strike. @Ramsalot you're welcome.

You really don't understand why this game is free for you to play, do you? Its free for you, because they're are enough players like me on here. I don't want to even think of how much I've spent on this game since I started playing back in 2016, but I know its well in the thousands of dollars. Just a brief rundown: I always run premium account, I currently have 35 premium ships in port, I paid to convert xp to get about 60% of my tier 10 ships, I paid to convert xp to get Missouri, Musashi, Kron, and Alaska, I also frequently buy things during events, lastly, I purchased about $200 worth of Santa crates, in addition to buying a year of premium for $100. The premium ships I have good stats in are not because the ships are OP. Its because I know how to play them. I'm one of the reasons this game is still here, and when I purchase something, I expect a good return on my investment. By completely changing something I purchase, they would've basically ripped me off and honestly stolen my money in an indirect way. I love this game, and hope it will thrive for years to come. However, if the things Ive already paid for start getting taken away, or changed to where they are no longer worth the price I paid for them, Ill take my disposable income elsewhere, and so will a lot of other players. You guys keep que times short? Well, here's a good one for you; Paying players are the reason you even have a game to play at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
[SPTR]
Members
20,152 posts
6,144 battles

As an F2P, while its understandable why people are [edited] about us, complaining about here is, well, stupid.

As an F2P I am the dedicated player who spends tons of time having to grind and contribute to the already declining player numbers, and we are the ones actually letting credits and doubloons have any appreciable value. I've spent $1 on the game, but my relationships have encouraged others to spend on my behalf (for some inexplicable reason) 

But that doesnt matter: Warships was made as a game that, while having In Game Purchases and heavy grinding, wasn't to be Pay2Win. If people are willing to accept OP ships as being under a paywall (or OP ships at all), especially a paywall that is chance-based (cough, Gambling), the incentive to grind for ships that will merely be XP-pinatas are gone. 

The OP was mainly concerned about OP ships being locked behind a seasonal paywall that would encourage unethical semi-extortion from overpriced bundles or Lootbox chances, but Mr "OP's post is feces" and his "OP ships simulate the economy which is why we should pay for them" basically brought it to an even worse conclusion. 

Consider this: as F2Ps, none of us can really care much for paying the large sums for OP ships since we are financially incapable of doing so, and will be forced to stay with our peashooting F2P ships whether we want to or not. For you, however, it is actually of value when you may have to pay $30 more for a certain ship because of its inflated stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
75
[R_N]
[R_N]
Members
125 posts
7,340 battles

Fellow Captains,

I am sorry but it seams that we have FORGOTTEN the reason for Prim Ships in the first place.

First main reason is a source of income generation to support the Free-to-Play game. However the second reason to provide a ship that generates faster XP and has a lower operational cost.

Prim ships were not or should not be any stronger or more powerful than there tech tree counterparts. They should just provide different abilities than the tech tree ships which were not meant to overpower them.

Now if in the past if a prim ship did get released "OP" in some fashion well then that was bad on WG and should be an example to spend more time in development testing.

I personally would like a Prim Ship released in the form that after a few months of live game data collation was found that additional buffs are needed. Instead of the other form of nurfs. No one will complain with a needed BUFF vs everyone complaining with a needed NURF. 

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×