Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WizardFerret

Why does no one play Hakuryu anymore?

21 comments in this topic

[ASALT]
Members
144 posts
5,977 battles

I have played a lot of tier 10 battles with my Midway, and lately I very rarely see Hakuryus. Any tier 10 CV is almost always a Midway. Do people just not like it anymore after the uber nerfs? 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles

Pretty much, it seems. LOL.

Working as intended, komrade. :Smile_teethhappy:

[ASALT]
Members
144 posts
5,977 battles
1 minute ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Pretty much, it seems. LOL.

Working as intended, komrade. :Smile_teethhappy:

Might be a little unhealthy for the game as it shows Midway is inherently better than Hakuryu.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,910 battles

Because s*cks, neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerfs!

Better question, why playing with any cvs this days?

• Meh 1

Members
890 posts
14,048 battles
15 minutes ago, WizardFerret said:

Might be a little unhealthy for the game as it shows Midway is inherently better than Hakuryu.

Like the Hakuru was ridiculously stronger than Midway for years pre 8.1?

What goes around comes around.

Edited by Prothall

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,625 posts

It's still played; I saw one this morning. But I'll have to admit I see more Midways. One reason may be that the Midway is an American ship and this is the NA server region. There are probably more North Americans and WWII Allies playing than Japanese. I know not everyone plays only ships of their own nationality but I'd venture to say that many start those lines first. I'm just at tier VI in the IJN line so far.

Edited by Snargfargle

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,831 posts
4,611 battles

The double nerf to Hak's torpedoes, followed by the global nerf to rockets has made Midway the only viable T10 CV with it's DBs. For now. It too will soon be confined to port once the new and superior DB ship, the T10 RN CV, arrives.

Granted, the whole CV overhaul is still being rebalanced, bit by bit. WG just reset everything to low, and are going to bring it back up bit by bit as-necessary, pending on their internal metrics.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,727 posts
6,987 battles

because WG is following historical accuracy and showing to the world that midway stomp zippo ijn CVs 7x1.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 3

[RLGN]
Members
14,297 posts
25,149 battles
24 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

The double nerf to Hak's torpedoes, followed by the global nerf to rockets has made Midway the only viable T10 CV with it's DBs. For now. It too will soon be confined to port once the new and superior DB ship, the T10 RN CV, arrives.

Granted, the whole CV overhaul is still being rebalanced, bit by bit. WG just reset everything to low, and are going to bring it back up bit by bit as-necessary, pending on their internal metrics.

if the trend of snappy-pops masquerading as bombs on RN carriers continues; the T10 RN carriers may quickly find themselves back it port.

Doesn’t matter to me either way. Don’t intend to waste time grinding for a ship at a tier I don’t care for; which uses mechanics I care even less for.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,762 battles

I play my Hak but its not as good as Midway by any means. Its better than the first post hotfix nerf edition though.

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
33 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It's still played; I saw one this morning. But I'll have to admit I see more Midways. One reason may be that the Midway is an American ship and this is the NA server region. There are probably more North Americans and WWII Allies playing than Japanese. I know not everyone plays only ships of their own nationality but I'd venture to say that many start those lines first. I'm just at tier VI in the IJN line so far.

Not even remotely. It's because Midway can attack and annihilate DDs and the Hak can rarely hit one let alone annihilate them. Don't worry, the USN CVs are going to be nerfed soon enough.

Edited by _Caliph_

[WOLF2]
Members
1,630 posts
11,201 battles
39 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It's more likely the nerfs.   When 8.0 rolled around, you didn't see streams and youtube videos of the Midway.  You saw Hak exclusively, because WG devs didn't think things through.

Once they got rid of the stealth torp spam and instant f-key, the Hak lost it's one trick.   That pony is hardly worth riding.

Thus, the swing to Midway, and will likely stay Midway.

Edited by DiddleDum

[-BSS-]
Members
240 posts
14,743 battles

I still play the Hakuryu but that's just to unlock the legendary mod that I can't use when I get it. WG was a little heavy with the nerfs to CVs especially the Hakuryu. The Midway is definitely better now but as others have said it will either be nerfed or replaced by the Audacious. 

[USFF]
Members
434 posts
6,957 battles

The Hakuryu is just not as good as the Midway. It cannot defend itself against yolo DDs because it has AP bombs. These same bombs lack any kind of DOT and suffer from severe RNG. Offensively the Haku just isn't scary with its two torp drop and unreliable AP bombs. 

Edited by Shinzon1

[KABUM]
Members
23 posts
6,713 battles

1) Can't hit anything with those torps, Midway can 

2) Rockets are laughably bad

3) AP bombs are only good against BBs, Midway has HE bombs 

4) T10 AA is a bit overtuned

Beta Testers
367 posts
4,587 battles
38 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

I wouldn’t be to sure of that. Even if you slow down to get the best drop possible drop the bombs till seem to fall on either side of the ship sometimes.

[-KIA-]
Members
3,471 posts
14,809 battles

So far I'm only at Shoukaku and my experience with her isn't really enjoyable. She's very MM reliant, against low tier she's really good, against same tier she's good and against T10 you pray to find a target alone otherwise you just go for suicide attack run and pray you can still save some planes.

What I find really weird is that IJN CV are more about torps strike (and more alpha strike than US overall) but you can only drop 2 torps per run. The 8km torps has been heavily nerfed because of the old F spam and now there's no real reason to use it. I don't know why WG is limiting Haku TB to only 2 torps per strike knowing usually you'll never go for more than 2 strike with the current AA treat level. She should at least have 4 torps per attack run.

I was looking at the stats to compare it with Midway and thought she wasn't too bad but I've been told the current stat are still corrupted with the pre nerf Haku. If I were WG I would increase the number of planes per attack run from 2 to 4 and increase flooding chance. For AP bomb I would probably increase the accuracy but I won't touch rocket. That way it will be more focused on taking down capital ship weaker against DD. I kinda want to touch AA but I don't really know if it needs nerf right now, at least against T10 CV.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
11,304 battles

:Smile_hiding:hmmmm....

i'll take the JSDF Izumo loaded with F-35s....please :Smile_veryhappy: 

Edited by Shinnidan

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,479 posts

I play her once or twice a day. I almost never play Midway as she's too expensive for me at current maintenance rates. My go-to carrier these days is Furious. 

Sign in to follow this