Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Killraz

Colorado, Tier VII Build ideas

7 comments in this topic

[_BOH_]
Beta Testers
5 posts
1,022 battles

Hey all,

I recently got the Colorado and after 14 games I'm not doing that bad with her, 50% win ratio. I've seen some people do amazing with her though. Could anyone give me some ideas on upgrades and skills to make her shine? Maybe some tips on how to play as well?

Thanks in advance for any constructive replies.

Killraz

Edited by Killraz
spelling

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,576 posts
2,611 battles

Probably want your standard tank build.

For cap skills, run PT or PM, EM and AR, SI and BoS, and FP with CE. Order is up to you, but I'd take EM, SI, and FP first for their respective skill tiers (2,3 and 4 point skills)

For upgrades, the obvious. 1st upgrade is a toss up, but then you want DCP mod 1, Aiming systems mod 1, and DCP mod 2.

Of course signals and premium consumables help too, especially when combined with Superintendent (SI)

She is the last fat bote of the US BBs. The rest are much quicker and user friendly. If I recall, Colorado recently got a good accuracy buff. Shes less of a shotgun like new mex and more of a sharpshooter. Still, shes a meat bag for most other BBs, and not quick and sly enough to escape punishment. Hone in that accuracy though and the guns are pretty sweet.

Best of luck! Feel free to add me in game. Am free to div up for a few if we happen to be on together. If you want to roll dual Colorado's I'm down! Might need to earn some credits to get her back up to snuff though.:Smile-_tongue:

Edited by _1204_
  • Cool 1

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
314 posts

Collie does not have the armor so it's not a tank. Her strength comes from those beautiful 406s .

Optimal Configuration
Upgrades

Despite her shortcomings, Colorado is a surprisingly modular ship which can be tailored to focus on main guns, secondaries, or AA.

Slot 1 is most commonly filled with Main Armaments Modification 1 (-20% to the risk of main battery becoming incapacitated. / +50% to main battery survivability. / -20% to main battery repair time. / -20% to the risk of torpedo tubes becoming incapacitated. / +50% to torpedo tubes survivability. / -20% to torpedo tubes repair time.), though Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 (+100% to secondary battery survivability. / +100% to AA mounts survivability.) is a popular pick for captains who go for a full AA build with other upgrades and commander skills.

Slot 2 has one choice for battleships - Damage Control System Modification 1 (-3% to the risk of flooding and damage received when torpedoes hit the torpedo protection. / -5% to the risk of fire.). This will reduce chances of fire and flood.

Slot 3 offers several options. AA Guns Modification 1 (+2 to number of explosions produced by salvos from medium- and long-range AA defenses.) will boost the outer AA envelope, while Secondary Battery Modification 2 (+20% to secondary battery maximum firing range. / -20% to maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells.) will boost the range and accuracy of secondaries instead. Artillery Plotting Room Modification 1 (+16% to main battery maximum firing range. / +5% to secondary battery maximum firing range. / -5% to maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells.) will increase range and give secondaries a slight boost in range and accuracy, but may be a weaker choice than the other two.

Slot 4 Steering Gears Modification 2 (-20% to rudder shift time.) is recommended and will reduce rudder shift time. Captains with fire problems could also consider Damage Control System Modification 2 (-15% to flooding recovery time. / -15% to time of fire extinguishing.), reducing the amount of time on fire and conserving hit points.

This info comes straight from the warships wiki

GL with the build m8.

[SF-E]
Members
372 posts
10,927 battles

You've already got some suggestions on the build, I'll add a thought about playing tips. A quick check of your stats shows a low main battery hit rate for the Colorado (20%). Since the Colorado is rather accurate, I would work on your accuracy. There are several youtube videos that talk through firing procedures that will help. Hit more shells, do more damage, win more games.

Happy hunting.

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,576 posts
2,611 battles
1 hour ago, Versili said:

Slot 4 Steering Gears Modification 2 (-20% to rudder shift time.) is recommended and will reduce rudder shift time. Captains with fire problems could also consider Damage Control System Modification 2 (-15% to flooding recovery time. / -15% to time of fire extinguishing.), reducing the amount of time on fire and conserving hit points.

Interesting. I am strongly in favor of DCP mod 2, with steering gears being the wildcard. The extra 10 seconds of fire is just so painful, especially on a ship as large and meaty as a Colorado. Steering gears are nice, but unless there is planes, the heavy maneuvering is minimal. Just enough to get your guns on target faster. And in the case if planes, the aa is decent enough to put up a fair fight

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
314 posts
20 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Interesting. I am strongly in favor of DCP mod 2, with steering gears being the wildcard. The extra 10 seconds of fire is just so painful, especially on a ship as large and meaty as a Colorado. Steering gears are nice, but unless there is planes, the heavy maneuvering is minimal. Just enough to get your guns on target faster. And in the case if planes, the aa is decent enough to put up a fair fight

Her Captain is setup on my Missouri so strong AA build including AFT her secondaries come in handy for OPs becuse of that .  I dont use her much in randoms, shes my go to OPs ship with very good results .

Sign in to follow this