You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shenanigans_Abound

Just of curiosity regarding nerfs and buffs

57 comments in this topic

[90THG]
Members
539 posts
7,135 battles

I tried this earlier but I’ll say it in a nicer, less WTH tone, so with the recent announcement on the GC not being nerfed or uptier to 6, does that mean in the future there will be no more buffs to premiums to make them balanced as well? I know this doesn’t happen often but it has happened. The way I see it if the players didn’t want a nerf for balance since it would change the ship they paid for then buffs would be the same thing right? Changing the ship they paid for. I only ask because I always thought the Perth could use a little help just wondering if It’ll ever get it now.. since you’d be changing a purchased ship.. maybe someone can clarify this?  I mean why scorn one but cheer another when they’re essentially both doing the same thing, changing the way the ship plays. 

Edited by Shenanigans_Abound
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,006 posts
16,887 battles

No, because when people say they want what they paid for, that's not actually what they mean. They actually mean they want "at least what they paid for". Better is fine, it's like a free upgrade. So there's no reason to believe buffs won't still occur.

• Cool 3

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,980 posts
4,104 battles

Sadly no. Premiums can only improve, otherwise people start to get angry. No way to balance a ship people paid for

• Funny 1

Members
6,209 posts
13,362 battles

I'm OK with what I buy stating the same. But I don't think anything will change. Poor perforimg premiums will still likely get buffs. 

However, Perth is far from underpeforming... 

[90THG]
Members
539 posts
7,135 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

No, because when people say they want what they paid for, that's not actually what they mean. They actually mean they want "at least what they paid for". Better is fine, it's like a free upgrade. So there's no reason to believe buffs won't still occur.

But that brings me back to what I also said about how can you say a premium is too weak and you want buffs but when they know a ship is too strong they don’t want nerfs.. very contradictory I guess is what I want to say. So I just think wargaming from this point on is going to just never touch premiums again and if they’re found to be too op later they’ll remove them (Belfast) and call it a day if it’s too weak, well... sorry about that but we have a no re working premiums policy now as to not offend people. 

• Funny 1

[A-CUP]
Members
1,022 posts
8,156 battles

The only prem ships that got nerfed post release are the Krons and Stalingrad. There nerf was minor tho, increase fire duration to 60 sec

Prem CV are reworked so they dont count.

Edited by Poisonous_Lily

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,219 posts
21,232 battles

From what I've gathered from my troll like post, its only ok to change things globally but it is not ok to individual target them. So, if you nerf or buff anything across the board thats ok, though its still changed from its original design, as long as you dont single it out. Though no one has explained to me the difference, I think thats the new rule.

[90THG]
Members
539 posts
7,135 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'm OK with what I buy stating the same. But I don't think anything will change. Poor perforimg premiums will still likely get buffs. 

Maybe I’m playing it wrong, I only have I think like 5 games in it and I just couldn’t do. If you face tier 8’s you’re better off charging right up the middle and doing what dmg you can before you get deleted. Heck, you may even live longer as they’ll think you’re crazy. 😂 with a max range of (I may be wrong here) 12.4 km against ships that can outshoot me by 10km seems a little... err... pointless to even try playing the Perth. 

Edited by Shenanigans_Abound

[WOLF3]
Members
23,522 posts
21,096 battles
6 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

^^^ The truth 100%

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,006 posts
16,887 battles
Just now, Shenanigans_Abound said:

Maybe I’m playing it wrong

Are you putt-putting around the map at 1/4 speed with the smoke generator on? If not, then you're playing it wrong.

[90THG]
Members
539 posts
7,135 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

From what I've gathered from my troll like post, its only ok to change things globally but it is not ok to individual target them. So, if you nerf or buff anything across the board thats ok, though its still changed from its original design, as long as you dont single it out. Though no one has explained to me the difference, I think thats the new rule.

I was trying to decipher what seemed like a very angry post from the dev blog regarding this it seems like they said “there was never a rule that we couldn’t nerf premiums, so I guess we can’t” 

Members
6,209 posts
13,362 battles
4 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

Maybe I’m playing it wrong, I only have I think like 5 games in it and I just couldn’t do. If you face tier 8’s you’re better off charging right up the middle and doing what dmg you can before you get deleted. Heck, you may even live longer as they’ll think you’re crazy. 😂 with a max range of (I may be wrong here) 12.4 km against ships that can outshoot me by 10km seems a little... err... pointless to even try playing the Perth. 

It's like 4th in win rate for t6 cruisers out of about 15 or so. But that is all data for it.... No clue how it's performed since smoke changes with warships today not working

Do you run the smoke module on it? 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[90THG]
Members
539 posts
7,135 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

Are you putt-putting around the map at 1/4 speed with the smoke generator on? If not, then you're playing it wrong.

Like I said, ive only played 5 games which I’ll admit is not enough to generate a fair assement of its worth but what I did get just felt under powered. I believe my mistake may lay with treating it more like a Brit line cruiser (it basically is after all) and would smoke when the threat of being seen was there. I’ll give it another run today and see how it does. 

Thanks for the input and advice. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,006 posts
16,887 battles
2 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

Like I said, ive only played 5 games which I’ll admit is not enough to generate a fair assement of its worth but what I did get just felt under powered. I believe my mistake may lay with treating it more like a Brit line cruiser (it basically is after all) and would smoke when the threat of being seen was there. I’ll give it another run today and see how it does. 

Perth is a gimmick ship. Its unique quality is that the smoke generator continues generating fresh smoke puffs for several minutes after you turn it on. This means that you can continue moving (slowly, around 1/4 speed) and shooting without losing your smokescreen for a good long while. Other ships stop generating smoke after a few seconds and have to sit in the cloud that has been laid; Perth can scoot and smokeshoot for an extended period of time. Although when the smoke timer runs out, you need to make sure you're not sitting right next to somebody who's going to blap you.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,141 posts
9,996 battles
19 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Whoa now... did Perth get a buff?

[WOLF3]
Members
23,522 posts
21,096 battles
6 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Perth is a gimmick ship. Its unique quality is that the smoke generator continues generating fresh smoke puffs for several minutes after you turn it on. This means that you can continue moving (slowly, around 1/4 speed) and shooting without losing your smokescreen for a good long while. Other ships stop generating smoke after a few seconds and have to sit in the cloud that has been laid; Perth can scoot and smokeshoot for an extended period of time. Although when the smoke timer runs out, you need to make sure you're not sitting right next to somebody who's going to blap you.

Perth with her Smoke Generator available makes me feel like I can do anything.

Perth with her Smoke Generator on cooldown (and it's a long cooldown) and that super short gun range makes me feel like the most vulnerable ship in the game.  The max gun range is so short that she encounters BB Secondaries range that almost rival her Main Battery range.

WG actually got the balance right on her with such polarizing states of power and weakness.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[90THG]
Members
539 posts
7,135 battles
17 minutes ago, Poisonous_Lily said:

The only prem ships that got nerfed post release are the Krons and Stalingrad. There nerf was minor tho, increase fire duration to 60 sec

Prem CV are reworked so they dont count.

I was just wondering about this line in particular earlier, The Implacable the only way to get it will be to have to buy crowns (you wont get enough from the missions) so does that in the future put it into the category of cant be nerfed since people had to pay money to get it? or will WG use the "it was just for early access" line?

[TBW]
Members
9,205 posts
16,109 battles
27 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

maybe someone can clarify this?

No No, premium buffs have always been accepted (expected).

[90THG]
Members
539 posts
7,135 battles
1 minute ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Whoa now... did Perth get a buff?

not that i know of, with the few games i played with it, it just felt very underwhelming to me and felt it could use a range increase or something like that or even a slightly faster reload...

[S-N-D]
Members
3,224 posts
7,621 battles
23 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

But that brings me back to what I also said about how can you say a premium is too weak and you want buffs but when they know a ship is too strong they don’t want nerfs.. very contradictory I guess is what I want to say. So I just think wargaming from this point on is going to just never touch premiums again and if they’re found to be too op later they’ll remove them (Belfast) and call it a day if it’s too weak, well... sorry about that but we have a no re working premiums policy now as to not offend people. 

Are you intentionally missing the point of a very clearly laid out response?

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
3,141 posts
9,996 battles
1 minute ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

not that i know of, with the few games i played with it, it just felt very underwhelming to me and felt it could use a range increase or something like that or even a slightly faster reload...

Gawd... it would be a monster if it got buffed. It’s already an evil little beast as is, when it’s well-played.

[90THG]
Members
539 posts
7,135 battles
Just now, _Caliph_ said:

Are you intentionally missing the point of a very clearly laid out response?

im not intentionally missing anything, SO if i am missing something, clarify it for me.. I was simply asking since players were up in arms about purchased from the shop ships getting balance nerfs why should they then be able to get buffs.. why cry about one but cheer another? 

• Cool 1

Members
6,209 posts
13,362 battles
3 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

Go across open water on the second line with the smoke screen, be careful it doesn't end with you in a bad spot, then use islands or attack weak spots until your smoke is up again. 

I used to run the fighter module on it with double fighters on it and used them for spotting, but that's gone now..... 

[S-N-D]
Members
3,224 posts
7,621 battles
5 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

im not intentionally missing anything, SO if i am missing something, clarify it for me.. I was simply asking since players were up in arms about purchased from the shop ships getting balance nerfs why should they then be able to get buffs.. why cry about one but cheer another? 

35 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

This is laid out as clear as day. It does not lead one back to being okay with buffs and against nerfs as a contradiction. You literally have to feign not understanding people being okay with Ferrari offering a free upgrade to it's engine and against mandating swapping of the engine with a Ford Pinto. If you bought a Rolex for ten grand and when sending it in for service you the manufacturer they sent you back a Swatch Watch would you be okay with it? If you aren't feigning the misunderstanding then people shouldn't bother addressing your threads as you are oblivious and unreachable.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Boring 1