You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UssIowaSailor

Thank you Wargaming

57 comments in this topic

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles

@Radar_X I know it was a very tough decision but I applaud you for preserving the integrity of digital goods purchased through wargaming. Consider my wallet open and back in business.While I was dead set against adjusting premium ships, I also had a potential compromise.

Ban premium ships for competitive play like ranked and clan battles. As a whale with over 60 premium ships, personally I would have NO ISSUES with premium ships being ineligible for competitive play. Randoms are randoms, they are something that we play just to pass the time but in competitive play where balancing is more of an issue this could be a balanced compromise to the dilemma of premium ships considered OP

Just my opinion as someone who does invest a lot into this game. Thank you again for your decision.

• Cool 18
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,424 posts
14,719 battles
39 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Ban premium ships for competitive play like ranked and clan battles.

I don't think they need to go quite so far, maybe only banning ships that are on the "no longer for sale" list. I realize this just means people will freak about their favorite premiums being moved to that list instead, but I do feel the well-balanced premiums add to, rather than detract from, those modes.

• Cool 4

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

@Radar_X Consider my wallet open and back in business.

Hear! Hear! :Smile_Default:
I have given instructions to my treasurer to remove the veto on WoWS purchases.

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
2,623 posts
12,346 battles
3 minutes ago, JervisBay said:

I have given instructions to my treasurer to remove the veto on WoWS purchases.

Oh? Your treasurer needs to speak with my treasurer, as she does not approve of any WoWS purchases....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TARK]
Members
2,718 posts
1,321 battles
1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

@Radar_X I know it was a very tough decision but I applaud you for preserving the integrity of digital goods purchased through wargaming. Consider my wallet open and back in business.While I was dead set against adjusting premium ships, I also had a potential compromise.

Ban premium ships for competitive play like ranked and clan battles. As a whale with over 60 premium ships, personally I would have NO ISSUES with premium ships being ineligible for competitive play. Randoms are randoms, they are something that we play just to pass the time but in competitive play where balancing is more of an issue this could be a balanced compromise to the dilemma of premium ships considered OP

Just my opinion as someone who does invest a lot into this game. Thank you again for your decision.

Thanks for ruining the game.

Now there are ships people will never get...and the game will never be balanced...because you guys wont suffer a little for the good of someone else.

I hope your happy...because the new players wont be.

@Radar_X, dont bother balancing the Russian BB and CV lines. The opening poster doesnt want a balanced game...make the tech tree overpowered so we can show him what it's like to be pay2win farmed.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[UEFN]
Members
881 posts
16,470 battles

OP ships are only OP in the right hands, which is pretty rare in general.  majority of the player base consists of potatoes well below bots level, therefore it made no sense to exclude premium ships in competitive gameplay.

• Cool 1

Members
1,928 posts
8,330 battles
Just now, UltimateNewbie said:

Oh? Your treasurer needs to speak with my treasurer, as she does not approve of any WoWS purchases....

I have a spare set of... family jewels... you can borrow if someone is telling you how to, or not to, spend your hard earned money. 

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,623 posts
12,346 battles
5 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

I have a spare set of... family jewels... you can borrow if someone is telling you how to, or not to, spend your hard earned money. 

They said “happy wife, happy life”, and it is largely true. Shiny pixel botes proves the rule. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

Members
1,928 posts
8,330 battles
5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Thanks for ruining the game.

Now there are ships people will never get...and the game will never be balanced...because you guys wont suffer a little for the good of someone else.

I don't see any '70 Challenger owners suffering b/c I was unable to purchase one when they were offered for sale. 

Sorry kid, life isn't fair. Sometimes people who have been around longer or have more money than you have cooler things than you. 

Get used to it, let it motivate you, don't cry about it  

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

I don't think they need to go quite so far, maybe only banning ships that are on the "no longer for sale" list. I realize this just means people will freak about their favorite premiums being moved to that list instead, but I do feel the well-balanced premiums add to, rather than detract from, those modes.

There is no valid reason that ranked and clan battles shouldn't simply be tech tree ships only. I realize that it is important for revenue to have new premiums available when a new ranked season starts. But from a fairness standpoint...it simply makes sense.

• Angry 1

[R-F]
Members
236 posts
11,315 battles
11 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

I don't see any '70 Challenger owners suffering b/c I was unable to purchase one when they were offered for sale. 

Sorry kid, life isn't fair. Sometimes people who have been around longer or have more money than you have cooler things than you. 

I disagree with your analogy on this one because I don't have to try to drag race the '70 challenger with my 4-cylinder Outback but I agree with your sentiment that in a game there's always going to be something more powerful than another, something weaker, player skill, etc.  If we tried to make a perfectly balanced game, we'd all be  having to play chess.  But then someone would invariably whine that they got their [edited]kicked by a grandmaster in 8 moves and that's not fair.... c'est la vie.

[LHG]
Members
1,577 posts
6,306 battles
4 minutes ago, PrivateJoker13 said:

I disagree with your analogy on this one because I don't have to try to drag race the '70 challenger with my 4-cylinder Outback but I agree with your sentiment that in a game there's always going to be something more powerful than another, something weaker, player skill, etc.  If we tried to make a perfectly balanced game, we'd all be  having to play chess.  But then someone would invariably whine that they got their [edited]kicked by a grandmaster in 8 moves and that's not fair.... c'est la vie.

White has first-turn advantage, please nerf

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Members
2,944 posts
3,741 battles
33 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

OP ships are only OP in the right hands, which is pretty rare in general.  majority of the player base consists of potatoes well below bots level, therefore it made no sense to exclude premium ships in competitive gameplay.

If that was true, GC wouldnt have been overperfoming to the degree that she was.

Player skill is important, but some crutches are bigger than others.

Members
23,173 posts
5,841 battles
54 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Are you insinuating that his mother has hold of his genitalia? :Smile_ohmy:

Members
23,173 posts
5,841 battles
56 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

They said “happy wife, happy life”, and it is largely true. Shiny pixel botes proves the rule. 

Yup, totally agree. 

Not only that, but when you have a wife and family, there is no "your" hard-earned money.

And besides, you don't want to play that game with a woman. You can't compare to how much or how fast she can spend on shoes with a mere videogame. Before you know it, she's driving to work and you're walking, because somehow the money you spent on WoWS will turn out to have been your gas money for the week lol.

And you REALLY don't want to play the "I don't care if you don't want me to, I'll do what I want" game with a woman....

Edited by Skpstr

[R-F]
Members
236 posts
11,315 battles
1 hour ago, Flashtirade said:

White has first-turn advantage, please nerf

I knew someone would say that, lol.  ALL MOVES MUST NOW BE MADE SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Members
101 posts
3,309 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

There is no valid reason that ranked and clan battles shouldn't simply be tech tree ships only. I realize that it is important for revenue to have new premiums available when a new ranked season starts. But from a fairness standpoint...it simply makes sense.

Magic the Gathering solved the problem of overpowered cards by making its primary tournaments only open to cards from its most recent sets while leaving room for "anything goes" games.  That would be he equivalent to a tech-tree-only ranked or clan battle season.  

WG could even try a season with just a few extremely OP premiums excluded.  I'd love to see a Tier 7 ranked season but people say it will never happen because of some powerful premiums like the Atlanta.  I have a lot of fun with T7 ships.  I could stand to leave my Atlanta at home if I could have a ranked season with the others.  (I'd shed a tear if the Boise/Neuve got blackballed but I would still have the Helena and I have had a hades of a good time playing the Nagato)

There's all sort of things WG can do, if they ASK THE PLAYERS FIRST.  "Hey guys, here's a list of OP ships we'd like to tone down.  What do you think?  What changes would you like to see?"  WG got in trouble with players over the GC as much for how they handled it as what they were trying to do.

Edited by vorlonagent

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
469 posts
5,417 battles

That's right!!!

Its just downright embarrassing to run into a line of Stalingrads in CB (also deadly)

Keep those premium ships out of the hands of people who worked hard to get them so I never have to sail into that kind of scenario ever again.

[TARK]
Members
2,718 posts
1,321 battles
2 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

With that attitude, dont be surprised if we just blackball the elites or raise the red flag of revolution...

Want my support for some other in game change? Sorry.

Being an elitist [edited]has consequences...

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,504 posts
8,988 battles
2 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

I mean that's a bit over the top but sometimes I wonder how some players managed to find the w key with how bad they play.

[932]
Beta Testers
3,892 posts
12,811 battles

I dont buy (or get by excessive grind) a premium ship for play only in random and not in comp.

• Cool 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
7 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

I mean that's a bit over the top but sometimes I wonder how some players managed to find the w key with how bad they play.

I've often asked many how they learned to turn the computer on....

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
4 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

The decision made recently was challenging for a number of reasons but we feel based on the data we saw during testing and the feedback of folks like yourself, it was the way we needed to go.  We'll continue to release content as balance as possible and mitigate imbalance. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,179 posts
2,825 battles
2 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

The decision made recently was challenging for a number of reasons but we feel based on the data we saw during tasting and the feedback of folks like yourself, it was the way we needed to go.  We'll continue to release content as balance as possible and mitigate imbalance. 

Hopefully your Armada bundle will be better this year than last. Im saving money for it. I want better ships in it! Thank you 😊 

[SYN]
Members
3,470 posts
17,183 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 10:27 AM, Radar_X said:

we feel based on the data we saw during tasting and the feedback of folks like yourself, it was the way we needed to go.

Ahh that's where you are going wrong, you need to Test them not eat them.

Edited by Camo68
  • Funny 2