You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shaddow_Ghost

Holy Mother Of Ping 2k+

65 comments in this topic

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
2,606 battles

Wow, so apparently many players are having ping issues, rubber banding, disconnects and such. Welp, clearly it's not my isp if multiple players across multiple battles are having the same issues and discussing it in chat. I'm done till it's fixed.

[BISC]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,207 battles

Okay, good to know it isn't just me then. 1400 ping time, 5-8 seconds for the guns to fire after I click. Evidently Hosho carries Harriers now.

[CAPIO]
Members
7 posts
13,910 battles

Same here, 32ms to 2000ms, to -35ms and then the wonderful disconnect, followed by logging back in, going immediately to battle to say, "whew I am not sunk". After that a nice positive 30 seconds of normal game play which gets cut short, all to start the process over again.

Fun Times wargaming, fun times. 

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,255 battles

Just came from a match where ping was bouncing between 25 and over 2000.  Didn't seem to matter what the ping was though....all commands...firing, speed changes, rudder, consumables etc. had about 5-8 second delay from hitting the key to the game responding.   Lol...I did over 100k damage...no idea how!!!

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
204 posts
7,514 battles

When was Russia going to turn off their internet access...  Whoops, you hit the USA instead!  :fish_haloween:

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
2,606 battles

Yeah first battle I got tons of -35 ping all the way up to 2000 and ended up dc'ing. Logged back in and I'm flooding and on fire with shima torps inbound. :c Next game I just sailed into the enemy to see what the deal was and my shots were going all over the place. I finally hit the border and decided to shoot at an obviously dc'd broadside cruiser. Just pointed my mouse at waterline and clicked for a good 10 to 15 seconds before my shells fired. Devastating strike with 2k ping from almost full health. What fun. The weird thing was it's not effecting all players. Some are able to shoot and turn no problem and even reported no ping issues. What's going on???

• Funny 1

[KAPPA]
Members
1,309 posts
7,089 battles

Yep, was trying yet again to see if I could get a team capable of handling Naval Station Newport in my Ranger (working towards Lex) when suddenly my planes went crazy, checked ping and it kept spiking from 20-ish to 200. Kept trying to put up a fight, but the ping wouldn't allow it, so I gave up on the planes and went for a suicide charge. Everyone else agreed that they were also having issues, looks like someone forgot to feed the server hamsters again.

• Cool 1

[PHASE]
Members
5,737 posts
18,645 battles

Had two afks on my team, one still managed to get 7th on the xp board from shooting planes and a few secondary hits... That is how awful the player is right now.... trying to keep myself in check from getting perma banned. These to players have 9000 games combined and a average PR of 400.

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,255 battles
1 minute ago, Shaddow_Ghost said:

The weird thing was it's not effecting all players. Some are able to shoot and turn no problem and even reported no ping issues. What's going on???

Yeah...it was all over chat in my match and there were a few saying they weren't having problems.

Members
3,100 posts
11,224 battles

Something is getting DDoS'd.

edit: noted in the other thread. The storm in the midwest could be affecting maybe the Chicago hub.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[SFOR]
Members
14 posts
5,194 battles

Steady 1,700-2,000 ping and a 4-5 second delay on all actions (firing, turning, changing ammo, etc.). Game is currently unplayable and several deaths because of it.

[DNTZ]
Members
372 posts
17,461 battles

I had a 1500-2000 ping.  There were 7 afk boats in the match (5 for us and 2 for reds).

Somehow we managed to win...

Speedtest says my ping is 15 ms...

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
2,606 battles
Just now, Slimjim0504 said:

I'm in Florida, no storm, just hot hot sun and skeeters.

Well I mean the storm killing internet lines might cause problems where the storm isn't at. I'm in Chicago atm. Storming here.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,803 posts
9,171 battles

can confirm similar experience recently. Wild ping surges, in battle disconnects, unplayable at times. Berated other people at home, wrongly, for using up the bandwidth. Turns out, nothing wrong with my connection or bandwidth. Something odd is occuring at WG's end.

[GUSTO]
Members
3 posts
13,572 battles

Strangely  I didn't see any issues with ping times, but ship would not turn nor fire when I wanted it to.  Lots of delay.  WOWs programmers and network engineers are you listening?

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,255 battles
14 minutes ago, Shaddow_Ghost said:

I gotta say it might be the storm that's in the US right now. How else would some players be affected and others perfectly fine?

I have no idea how or where the game is routed through the interwebs.  I’m in Houston...long way from where it’s storming and it’s nice and sunny here.  I’m certainly no expert on this stuff though.  For all I know a server could be down in Australia and cause this, if that’s indeed what it is.

[DPG]
Supertester
560 posts
13,702 battles

The Internet here is fine - just jumped into a coop game here thank god - 3-5 seconds delay in click to action times - completely unplayable -0 i have fiber to the pc, wired mouse etc, tried rebooting routers and pc etc ...  ... all other sites and such are fine - issue in game  

speedtest 4ms 350 down , 330 up - 200km away to the server tested ... these are my normals .. 

Ping testing warships home page is a little high at 71ms , but that would still be very playable - unsure the game server address to ping .. 

Hope they figure it out soon 

Alberta, Canada

Kar 

Edited by Karandar

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,613 battles

Was playing Gearing at the time, landed 7/10 in a single salvo and got over 100k damage once the flooding stopped. Easy Gearing game lol. 

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
21 posts
16,056 battles

Yup, I'm in Ontario and the game is unplayable... 10 second delay on every action - firing guns, launching torps, turning....

Yet ppl in some regions are unaffected. I wonder if this has anything to do with the cross-server CB test