Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ADMitsatrap_Ackbar

Let Tier I to IV ships complete daily missions and events.

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
118 posts
4,670 battles
I think the tier I to IV more fun to play, unhappily do not meet the requirements of the missions and events of the game.
Letting Tiers I to IV in any way be able to accomplish daily missions and events would help to retain new players,
not-so-new players who have bad stats, and leave Tier V to X with fewer potatoes improving the quality of the randoms.
Another good effect would be to help sell low tier premium ships such as Aurora, Varyag, Dreadgnouth, etc.
 I leave the suggestion.
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,228
[WOLF7]
Members
12,313 posts

No....

This game has enough issues with seal clubbers, encouraging it will not have the effect you desire....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
118 posts
4,670 battles
7 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Não....

Este jogo tem problemas suficientes com os clubbers de selos, incentivando-o a não ter o efeito desejado ...

I believe I got lost in the translation.
I can not anticipate problems with this possibility. Brighten me up. No irony.
In time, I have all Tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,431
[ARGSY]
Members
16,432 posts
11,289 battles

A valid suggestion, the downside of which is that sealclubbers would make it a misery for the newbies in Randoms.

Now if you limited it to co-op only, that might be a different matter - but even then, you might get a situation where the more experienced players killed everything before the beginners could have an impact. In addition, some tasks are just too easy at the very low tiers, which is probably why campaigns to win ships moved up to Tier 5 and sometimes higher (Indianapolis Marathon was T6, some parts of the Prinz Eitel Friedrich event were Tier 7). I remember winning the Vampire with my Danae and Emerald in late 2017, but today I would need to use the Emerald only.

As a foot in the door, I could support any battle fought against Tier 5 or higher opposition being able to count, or base XP in co-op being able to count for the Dailies, because it stops the sealclubbing and because the lower XP awarded at these tiers would act as a handicap to very experienced players going down there to "do it easy".

There is of course the Science of Victory campaign, but only the first few levels are open to the lower tiers. 

 

At the very least, XP earned in the lower tiers can still win containers and still obtain coal for goodies such as premium Arsenal ships and captains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
118 posts
4,670 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A valid suggestion, the downside of which is that sealclubbers would make it a misery for the newbies in Randoms.

Now if you limited it to co-op only, that might be a different matter - but even then, you might get a situation where the more experienced players killed everything before the beginners could have an impact. In addition, some tasks are just too easy at the very low tiers, which is probably why campaigns to win ships moved up to Tier 5 and sometimes higher (Indianapolis Marathon was T6, some parts of the Prinz Eitel Friedrich event were Tier 7). I remember winning the Vampire with my Danae and Emerald in late 2017, but today I would need to use the Emerald only.

As a foot in the door, I could support any battle fought against Tier 5 or higher opposition being able to count, or base XP in co-op being able to count for the Dailies, because it stops the sealclubbing and because the lower XP awarded at these tiers would act as a handicap to very experienced players going down there to "do it easy".

There is of course the Science of Victory campaign, but only the first few levels are open to the lower tiers. 

 

At the very least, XP earned in the lower tiers can still win containers and still obtain coal for goodies such as premium Arsenal ships and captains.

But the awards and experience at the lower levels would be proportionate, much smaller. 
Limiting COOPs could be an alternative, better than nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
592
[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
678 posts
1,609 battles

I would love this to happen it would give me another reason to play my tenryuu and yubari more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
839
[EQRN]
Members
1,752 posts
14,545 battles

Events used to include tier 3 but gradually moved to starting at tier 4, then to today tier 5.  It keeps down the number of camo’d, flagged, 19pt captain’d clubbing boats out of the newbie pool where many don’t know how to mount signals, use premium consumables and have 1 or 2pt captains.  Clubbers are still there, but their population is kept somewhat in check by excluding those tiers from events.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,431
[ARGSY]
Members
16,432 posts
11,289 battles
13 minutes ago, ADMitsatrap_Ackbar said:

But the awards and experience at the lower levels would be proportionate, much smaller. 

Yes, I know, and I actually made that point. We want the same thing and are on the same side. :Smile_great:

5 minutes ago, Koogus said:

I would love this to happen it would give me another reason to play my tenryuu and yubari more

I found the Tenryu forgettable, would not seek to buy her back, but I enjoy puddling about in the Yubari and Ishizuchi when I have nothing needing doing at higher tiers.

It would be a slow way to build a Japanese 19 pointer, but I would get there eventually! :cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
118 posts
4,670 battles

 

Highlighting the pedagogical side, players like me who were encouraged to climb tiers to get up to get into clan battles without learning the right mechanics of the game could go back to the low levels for tutoring classes with Black Swann for example.

And I'm not the only one, several players who accelerated the progression are in randoms V to X and everyone is watching this.

But we do not want to be alienated from the events of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,744
[WOLFG]
Members
26,722 posts
6,757 battles
32 minutes ago, ADMitsatrap_Ackbar said:

I can not anticipate problems with this possibility.

The only problem would be that, if I can complete tasks faster in low tiers, then I will. 

And if by putting a 16+ point captain in the most overpowered boats I have, with full signals, camo, and premium consumables, lets me complete those tasks even faster, I will do that.

Think of a new player playing against a Bogatyr. Now give that Bogatyr AFT, BFT, CE, and IFHE. Now multiply that by a large number.

By encouraging rampant seal clubbing, you'll drive away all the new players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,431
[ARGSY]
Members
16,432 posts
11,289 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

The only problem would be that, if I can complete tasks faster in low tiers, then I will. 

And if by putting a 16+ point captain in the most overpowered boats I have, with full signals, camo, and premium consumables, lets me complete those tasks even faster, I will do that.

Think of a new player playing against a Bogatyr. Now give that Bogatyr AFT, BFT, CE, and IFHE. Now multiply that by a large number.

By encouraging rampant seal clubbing, you'll drive away all the new players.

That's why we're advocating limiting lower-tier participation to co-op. The lower XP gains would provide a scaled handicap to rapid advancement in the Dailies tallies; the co-op aspect would prevent the newbies from having to do battle directly against sealclubbers. The only thing that wouldn't be solved is the experienced players hogging the kills, but that is a problem with progression through a grind in co-op anyway and nothing can stop that except radical changes in MM that would break more than it fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,744
[WOLFG]
Members
26,722 posts
6,757 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's why we're advocating limiting lower-tier participation to co-op. The lower XP gains would provide a scaled handicap to rapid advancement in the Dailies tallies; the co-op aspect would prevent the newbies from having to do battle directly against sealclubbers. The only thing that wouldn't be solved is the experienced players hogging the kills, but that is a problem with progression through a grind in co-op anyway and nothing can stop that except radical changes in MM that would break more than it fixed.

That would be fine, except that you'd have to scale the requirements, or you'd see Co-op flooded with the very players many play Co-op to avoid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
118 posts
4,670 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

That would be fine, except that you'd have to scale the requirements, or you'd see Co-op flooded with the very players many play Co-op to avoid.

 

People avoid ramdom because chat is toxic, match is faster. It is rare but in coops also appears toxic people. People are usually toxic because they feel better and want to command others, it would be strange to try this being a player between beginners.

I play COOP too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[WLDD]
Members
119 posts
5,944 battles

Protected matchmaking prevents the true baby seals from getting clubbed except by re-rolls.  There are plenty of players who do not understand the game mechanics in the lower tiers, but they are also common at T8-10 in my experience.

I enjoy the occasional game in SC, Dreadnought, Smith, etc...and there are more veteran players than you realize down there.  I’ve also know players who don’t consider it sporting to play below T5.

There are some fun ships down there and an interesting variety...you just don’t have the range and accuracy of higher tiers (or the consumables).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,431
[ARGSY]
Members
16,432 posts
11,289 battles
10 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

you'd see Co-op flooded with the very players many play Co-op to avoid.

I think some of those players Skpstr speaks of would consider co-op beneath them and the gains at low tier not worth it. @AdmiralThunder, @Kizarvexis I would welcome your input on this aspect. @theLaalaa, I also invite your input because of your extensive Tier 1 experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,744
[WOLFG]
Members
26,722 posts
6,757 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think some of those players Skpstr speaks of would consider co-op beneath them and the gains at low tier not worth it. @AdmiralThunder, @Kizarvexis I would welcome your input on this aspect. @theLaalaa, I also invite your input because of your extensive Tier 1 experience.

I wasn't thinking of "sealclubbing" if it's only in Co-op, but toxicity.

It's true that the altered competitive dynamic shouldn't foster as much toxicity, but that's offset to a degree by the urgency instilled in many by time-limited tasks.

I basically advocate scaling as a means of keeping this as an opportunity for newer players to get in on events, and not an opportunity for veterans to do them faster.

 

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
918
[DPG]
Members
1,766 posts
7,931 battles

Back in my day ships as low as tier 3 could finish daily missions.  However, as more and more players went up the tiers that minimum also went up.  It went to tier 4 and then tier 5, with some things requiring a minimum of tier 6.  At some point tier 5 will no longer be eligible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,431
[ARGSY]
Members
16,432 posts
11,289 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

I wasn't thinking of "sealclubbing" at if only in Co-op, but toxicity.

It's true that the altered competitive dynamic shouldn't foster as much toxicity, but that's offset to a degree by the urgency instilled in many by time-limited tasks.

I basically advocate scaling as a means of keeping this as an opportunity for newer players to get in on events, and not an opportunity for veterans to do them faster.

 

How would you do it, then?

I would also ask you a related question, which is, "If you could allow Co-op mains/exclusives to complete Yamamoto Isoroku in co-op as well as the Halsey campaign, is it merely enough to give them access to the money and XP phases only while changing nothing else?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,431
[ARGSY]
Members
16,432 posts
11,289 battles
3 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

At some point tier 5 will no longer be eligible.

I somehow doubt that, if only because T5 is the point at which you start facing +2 MM and are nominally in the big league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[PVE]
Members
848 posts
8,195 battles
1 hour ago, ADMitsatrap_Ackbar said:

I suggestion.

Why are all your posts always in black? Impossible to read on mobile without highlighting the post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,117 posts
11,290 battles
8 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Why are all your posts always in black? Impossible to read on mobile without highlighting the post. 

lol, he's Brazilian. Probably using a translator. JAJAJA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
118 posts
4,670 battles
52 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

The only problem would be that, if I can complete tasks faster in low tiers, then I will. 

And if by putting a 16+ point captain in the most overpowered boats I have, with full signals, camo, and premium consumables, lets me complete those tasks even faster, I will do that.

Think of a new player playing against a Bogatyr. Now give that Bogatyr AFT, BFT, CE, and IFHE. Now multiply that by a large number.

By encouraging rampant seal clubbing, you'll drive away all the new players.

 agree and this is exactly my point. 
I have to play only high Tiers because of the daily missions including Tier X and it's full of potatoes like me. 
The uniquely COOP players have their claims and topics that accompany already I play randoms as well. 
Another benefit of encouraging low Tiers was to play a ramdom match with Svetlana and waited five minutes in line and two teams formed three players.
 It's too little.
About missions like Exeter's, I agree with you too.
 The idea is not to cheat, try to improve the game experience for everyone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,337
[PVE]
Members
10,556 posts
19,814 battles
49 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think some of those players Skpstr speaks of would consider co-op beneath them and the gains at low tier not worth it. @AdmiralThunder, @Kizarvexis I would welcome your input on this aspect. @theLaalaa, I also invite your input because of your extensive Tier 1 experience.

Credit and XP tasks at those low tiers would probably keep a lot of people with experience out. They might still go to Co-op but if so they would pick higher tiers that reward better. Fires, torp hits, floods, etc... is different. That would probably be a big draw for those lower tiers below T5. I can see a get 15 torp hit requirement and suddenly everyone is playing the T2 US DD Smith with it's 11 sec reload or maybe the T3 RU DD Derzki with it's 22 sec reload. The salt would be flowing big time as newbies would be complaining about seal clubbers down there and the clubbers would be complaining about all the TK that takes place there. And so forth. 

Maybe make it protected at those low tiers. By that I mean if you have reached a certain point in the game (like having a T5 ship or reaching a certain number of games/service level) you are limited to T5+ for the events, daily missions, etc.... If you are a new(er) player you can participate with those of your skill level and without more experienced players making it even harder on you. 

I would like to see everyone included in stuff in the game. There is too much of this game that encourages a have vs have not system. Some is by design and some is a byproduct. None of it is good.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,744
[WOLFG]
Members
26,722 posts
6,757 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How would you do it, then?

In broad strokes, I would base everything on averages per hour. 

For example, let's say a task in Randoms requires 8000XP. If avg. XP was 800, and the average match length was 15 minutes, that's 2.5 hrs to complete the task.

If avg. XP in a Co-op match was 400, and average match length 6 minutes, that's only 2 hrs to complete the task. In that case, I would make Co-op players require 10000XP, so it takes them the same 2.5 hrs to complete as it does in Randoms.

Note that if the actual averages worked out such that it was actually faster to do in PvP, I would be ok with reducing the requirements for Co-op.

2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I would also ask you a related question, which is, "If you could allow Co-op mains/exclusives to complete Yamamoto Isoroku in co-op as well as the Halsey campaign, is it merely enough to give them access to the money and XP phases only while changing nothing else?"

From a personal standpoint I would say it's enough, as those are typically how I complete tasks in PvP. From a simplicity standpoint, it also serves.

If I were in charge though, I would open up all the tasks, adjusting Co-op requirements as necessary.

IMO, as long as the time sink is comparable between the two modes, I see no reason why they can't both qualify. My aim would be to make rewards available to all, without them having to forgo their preferred gameplay to earn them. (and giving them no reason to)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×