You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Desmios

Where's premium ammo?

48 comments in this topic

Members
567 posts
2,921 battles

Hello all,

I've returned to play the aircraft carrier rework and I see that World of Warships is still a bit behind World of Tanks.  While both have overpowered premiums that wargaming refuse to nerf, World of Warships is lacking the lovely premium ammo that World of Tanks has. 

We should be able to buy, let's say for 50k or so credits a game, HE ammunition with a higher pen and/or fire chance and AP ammo with a higher cit/incap chance. 

I realize flags are a very soft mode of this, why not just go all in?  World of Tanks has both overpowered premiums and premium ammo and is raking in tons of cash. 

It's us, the big money payers that keep the servers on.  We deserve more.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

[NWNG]
Members
3,040 posts
4,915 battles

Four responses for you:
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. Did I already tell you no? because it's a no.

Premium ammo is what screwed WoT over in the higher tier play, and makes me very cautious in even attempting to play the game.

• Cool 3

[A-CUP]
Members
1,022 posts
8,156 battles

We dont need WOT junk in here.. Many of us are refugees from P2W tanks (including me).

Dont start spreading your disease in here

• Cool 4

[HDR]
Beta Testers
307 posts
6,875 battles

Dont think some of the community have thought what the logical conclusion to not have balance as the number 1 priority in a game is.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,313 posts
8 minutes ago, Desmios said:

Hello all,

I've returned to play the aircraft carrier rework and I see that World of Warships is still a bit behind World of Tanks.  While both have overpowered premiums that wargaming refuse to nerf, World of Warships is lacking the lovely premium ammo that World of Tanks has. 

We should be able to buy, let's say for 50k or so credits a game, HE ammunition with a higher pen and/or fire chance and AP ammo with a higher cit/incap chance. 

I realize flags are a very soft mode of this, why not just go all in?  World of Tanks has both overpowered premiums and premium ammo and is raking in tons of cash. 

WOT rakes in cash due to a thing called numbers....:Smile_trollface:

WOWS with 5% of the player base probably does not.....

And finally, two different player bases with little crossover.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,189 posts
6,117 battles

Uh... Lack of premium ammo is GOOD THING!

[ARGSY]
Members
16,433 posts
11,289 battles
11 minutes ago, Desmios said:

You don't deserve this.

You want premium ammo? Go play World of Tanks.

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
3,219 posts
3,484 battles
6 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Image result for Not sure if serious memes

Pretty sure he's not. At least, I sincerely hope not.

[WOLF6]
Members
834 posts
7,849 battles
14 minutes ago, Desmios said:

Hello all,

I already have premium ammo , but I have to take my pants off to use it . :Smile_trollface:

Members
567 posts
2,921 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You don't deserve this.

You want premium ammo? Go play World of Tanks.

You don't talk to whales like that. Maybe you don't play World of Tanks so you don't understand proper etiquette but you are supposed to show respect for those who allow you to do what you want to do.  If you want to keep playing World of Warships you should be thanking people like me not berating us.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[WOLFG]
Members
7,827 posts
5,945 battles

1 minute ago, Desmios said:

You don't talk to whales like that. Maybe you don't play World of Tanks so you don't understand proper etiquette but you are supposed to show respect for those who allow you to do what you want to do.  If you want to keep playing World of Warships you should be thanking people like me not berating us.

Image result for Phishing

Members
50 posts
8,419 battles

No, thank you. The HE flow from high DPM cruisers and destroyers is already challenging enough without golden bullet ammunition.  

I think that if WeeGee were to go down that road they’d see a similar exodus of players as they saw from WoT. 

[KRAK]
Members
3,471 posts
19,373 battles
21 minutes ago, Desmios said:

Hello all,

Yes, you must have spent a fortune with all 2800 of your games played..

[A-CUP]
Members
1,022 posts
8,156 battles
7 minutes ago, Desmios said:

NO.BODY.CARE.

GO.BACK.TO.YOUR.STINK.HOLE(WOT)

12c.jpg

images.png

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,189 posts
6,117 battles
8 minutes ago, Desmios said:

And maybe you don't understand the concept of "Pay to Win", because that's EXACTLY what premium ammo is and it's a big reason why a lot of people are here instead of over in Tanks. There is plenty of stuff in the store for people to buy to keep money flowing into the game, you don't need to shoot cash at people so you can lord your wallet over them in order to keep the lights on.

Members
567 posts
2,921 battles
2 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

And maybe you don't understand the concept of "Pay to Win", because that's EXACTLY what premium ammo is and it's a big reason why a lot of people are here instead of over in Tanks. There is plenty of stuff in the store for people to buy to keep money flowing into the game, you don't need to shoot cash at people so you can lord your wallet over them in order to keep the lights on.

Premium ammo is purchaseable through credits therefore anyone can get it, the definition of not pay to win. 

If they were purchasable only with gold then it would be pay-to-win but as long as it's purchasable with credits, it is not pay-to-win.

• Funny 1

[A-D-F]
5,979 posts
15 minutes ago, Desmios said:

Can't tell if serious or not.