You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shinzon1

Revert the YueYang Nerf now!

40 comments in this topic

[USFF]
Members
433 posts
6,947 battles

WG based on your recent PSA about balancing premiums I request that the YueYang nerf be reverted immediately. I realize the YueYang is not a premium but the balancing logic should extend to silver ships. Since balancing based on a ship being OP is something you are not willing to do for premiums I guess balance in general balance is not critical. In this case the T9 is more powerful and enjoyable than the T10 YueYang, does that count for anything?  

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3

[0456]
Members
458 posts
8,905 battles

the nerf that hurt (s) the most

i can live with CV's, u have to be killed by something

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,219 posts
21,232 battles

Yes, revert all nerfs in the entire game. Screw it, balance doesnt matter. More pay to wins too please!

I feel ya man, Im getting crappy karma but I posted something similar.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
26,590 posts
6,691 battles
1 hour ago, Shinzon1 said:

In this case the T9 is more powerful and enjoyable than the T10 YueYang, does that count for anything?  

Of course not.

Never mind that you may have spent money to get there, or that you continue to pay for premium because you formerly believed that the game would be balanced whenever necessary, your voice only counts if you directly buy a premium ship.

Otherwise, your opinion carries no more weight than that of a "freeloader".

To borrow a thought from the "no nerfs to premiums" crowd, why should I spend money on increased XP/credit gain, just to sooner get a ship that's just going to get nerfed and powercreeped anyway?

I still have some faith though, if Alaska is the model for future premiums.

Edited by Skpstr

[KRAB]
Members
879 posts
7,323 battles

I think they went a bit too far with the Yueyang myself, especially when the Daring has powercreeped it, the Gearing and Z-52 out of all but niche roles. It is fine to relegate ships to niche uses in competitive (think Yueyang for radar, Gearing with 16.5km torps, Z-52 for hydro on certain maps, etc) but in random battles you need to have some general utility. 

If the Grozovoi and Daring can have heals (so ~40% more effective HP since they can heal back at minimum 50% of all the damage taken with no citadels in place) the Yueyang can have the Gearing's firepower with slightly better concealment in exchange for the inability to hit destroyers with torpedoes. 

• Cool 1

Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles

The Yue Yang nerf didn't hurt the ship really that much, if at all. 
Sure, your torpedoes and guns take slightly longer to reload, but that doesn't effect really what the ship has always excelled at: crippling blows to enemy cruisers and battleships with their extremely stealthy DWTs. Before the nerf, Yue Yang's only real weakness was her pitiful smoke screen, which even that isn't too big a deal. She carries Radar and is fantastic at denying enemy DDs capture point control and also for scoping out potential choke points. 
Yue Yang is still just as strong now as she was then. She may be doing slightly less damage, but in the long run that nerf is maybe one less torpedo salvo per battle. Is that really crippling to the ship? No, its not. As for her gun reload, also justified, because she is already able to lock out control points with the use of her Radar from enemy DDs and given the fact that her DWTs don't hit DDs, fighting enemy DDs face to face should be a weakness. Its a trade off. She's extremely good at anti cruiser and battleship operations but struggles against dealing with destroyer threats by herself. Its like the reverse of a Z-52, for instance. Z-52 with her smoke/hydro combo can easily lock out a cap completely if no radar presence is nearby. She's extremely threatening to enemy destroyers but struggles against larger ships with her rather lackluster torpedoes.

Its always a trade off, no ship can have everything, and before the nerf, Yue Yang had a lot more than she should have. She sat low in the water and was hard to hit, had Radar or decent smoke screens if you knew how to use them, extremely deadly torpedoes, and lethal gunpower against other destroyers, which is why she was such a strong ship. She still is a strong ship now, but now has more glaring weaknesses which makes her not always a go-to ship for formats like Ranked or Clan Battles. 

• Cool 2

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
409 posts
10,281 battles

Shall we bring back the terrors of 2015 then?

Members
474 posts

WG never rolls back nerfs. They have issues with admitting they were wrong. Expect them to "buff" something else on the ship to try and "fix" what they've done, if they do anything at all. S.O.P. for WG.

Edited by Noone_You_Know

[USFF]
Members
433 posts
6,947 battles
25 minutes ago, Noone_You_Know said:

WG never rolls back nerfs. They have issues with admitting they were wrong. Expect them to "buff" something else on the ship to try and "fix" what they've done, if they do anything at all. S.O.P. for WG.

Bro your so right its scary. They have a lot of pride. 

[A_51]
Members
955 posts
4 hours ago, Shinzon1 said:

WG based on your recent PSA about balancing premiums I request that the YueYang nerf be reverted immediately. I realize the YueYang is not a premium but the balancing logic should extend to silver ships. Since balancing based on a ship being OP is something you are not willing to do for premiums I guess balance in general balance is not critical. In this case the T9 is more powerful and enjoyable than the T10 YueYang, does that count for anything?  

Apparently, you fail to understand the important distinction between free ships and ships that people pay hard cash for.  

[POP]
Members
1,539 posts
19,551 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Of course not.

Never mind that you may have spent money to get there, or that you continue to pay for premium because you formerly believed that the game would be balanced whenever necessary, your voice only counts if you directly buy a premium ship.

Otherwise, your opinion carries no more weight than that of a "freeloader".

To borrow a thought from the "no nerfs to premiums" crowd, why should I spend money on increased XP/credit gain, just to sooner get a ship that's just going to get nerfed and powercreeped anyway?

I still have some faith though, if Alaska is the model for future premiums.

Alaska is a really lovely ship to play.

[CAST]
Members
4,862 posts
3,402 battles

Yueyang needed nerfing. Just not this much nerfing.

You know WG went too far when the tier 9 Chung Mu has better guns AND better torps than the Yueyang does now. In fact, she's just flat out better than Yueyang despite being one tier lower.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
551 posts
14,124 battles

As I have said in many posts, the nerf was incredible. First you ground your way up to the YY's Legendary Upgrade, for which you gave up some radar time, then they nerf it worse than the original stats. And not an once of compensation for all that time you ground for the LU. That 1sec lost reload time cripples you when you don't have smoke and the opponents have at least a 1 second reload advantage over you. Three second reload is 20 rpm, four is 15 rpm, a 5 round disadvantage.

[-TNG-]
Beta Testers
239 posts
8,710 battles

Pff, i still want Kitakami to come back with DWT to prevent DD TK's :cap_haloween:
Atleast for a April fools event :cap_like:

[WOLFG]
Members
26,590 posts
6,691 battles
1 hour ago, Alabamastan said:

Alaska is a really lovely ship to play.

I just like the fact that I haven't seen any series of complaints about, whether calling it crap or OP.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
6 hours ago, Shinzon1 said:

Is the Yue Yang premium?

[USFF]
Members
433 posts
6,947 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

Is the Yue Yang premium?

Read again. I said I know it isn't a premium. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
48 minutes ago, Shinzon1 said:

Read again. I said I know it isn't a premium. 

then apples and oranges do not compare.

[USFF]
Members
433 posts
6,947 battles
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

then apples and oranges do not compare.

I literally said:

I know its not a premium

I request the nerf be reverted

Balance does not seem to be critical

T9 is more enjoyable than the T10

Does that count for anything?

These elements of my comment make it abundantly clear that it is not the same comparison. I am asking for them to consider this based on their premium ship logic. What do you not understand about a request for them to alter their thinking on silver ships? If you do not agree just say that otherwise I will have to assume that you cannot read or think critically.