Koogus

Other naval ww2 games

55 comments in this topic

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
678 posts
1,609 battles

Apologies if i am posting in the incorrect area.

My question is what other naval ww2 naval games are there? I know there is the battlestations games and victory at sea and victory at sea pacific.

Edited by Koogus
Spelling

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

NavyField, Warthunder, and Steel Oceans. Problem is at the moment, other than Warthunder, most of them have meh gameplay. It is largely why WGing gets away with many of their more unsavory actions.

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,219 posts
21,232 battles
6 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Apologies if i am posting in the incorrect area.

What a

My question is what other naval ww2 naval games are there? I know there is the battlestations games and victory at sea and victory at sea pacific.

Atlantic Fleet.

There are also games that have aspects of naval warfare in this time frame like the hearts of iron series.

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

It's a very niche genre. If you're looking for online naval games your options are very, very few. If you just mean naval games in general there's a few more but a lot of them date back to the time of the dinosaurs....

• Cool 1

[CLARE]
Members
564 posts
4 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

It's a very niche genre. If you're looking for online naval games your options are very, very few. If you just mean naval games in general there's a few more but a lot of them date back to the time of the dinosaurs....

^ they refer to the time when games came on floppy disks.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

There's obviously also the Silent Hunter titles, but I assume you were asking about surface actions.

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
678 posts
1,609 battles
25 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

Im looking for a single player game primarly

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
30 minutes ago, ij70 said:

^ they refer to the time when games came on floppy disks.

30 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

There's obviously also the Silent Hunter titles, but I assume you were asking about surface actions.

Like even the silent hunter games are ooooold.

The only recent one I can think of off the top of my head is Cold Waters. Just not very many games get made in the genre.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

The only recent one I can think of off the top of my head is Cold Waters. Just not very many games get made in the genre. 

Cold Water's is great. I hope they keep adding content. I want an Astute that LOOKS like an Astute. (also, Cold Waters has got to be the most modding-friendly game I've played in ~5 years).

[-TKS-]
Members
798 posts
12,643 battles

bar none the best naval game out there is the ancient art of war at sea but for ww2 battle stations was fun

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[WOLFG]
Members
26,590 posts
6,682 battles
27 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Might also look at Pacific Storm, one of Lesta's earlier games. It's an RTS game, but you can take over any plane or ship gunnery.

It also has a campaign with a strategic layer, base development, and research. Also expansions that add other nations.

Edited by Skpstr

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
678 posts
1,609 battles

Thanks for all the replys everyone. I am going to check out pacific storm and great naval battles but the question is where i can get it and which one to get

[ONE]
Members
641 posts
11,300 battles
12 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Thanks for all the replys everyone. I am going to check out pacific storm and great naval battles but the question is where i can get it and which one to get

"Great Naval Battles". Even if you can find the disks  from back then I am not sure they will run on a modern Windows. You maybe able to find a downloadable version. You many need virtual machines (VM) or emulators with Windows versions from that era. I doubt you will find an old computer from 20 yrs ago with the proper specs to handle it, gaming back then already demanded unusual graphics card configurations. I cannot remember whether it was CD or 3.5" floppy the games came in.

Good luck.

• Funny 1

[SFOR]
Members
995 posts
7,846 battles
1 hour ago, Koogus said:

Oh ok.

Atlantic fleet. - This game have one problem , the moment you understand how the game mechanics works it is too easy to win.

Silent hunter 3, 4 & 5 are all very good with the mega mods. But are games that you need to study the mechanics before playing.

If you want a strategy game you have victory at sea pacific.

[WOLFG]
Members
26,590 posts
6,682 battles
31 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Pacific Storm and the expansion are available on Steam, they're each $8.78CDN.

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles

this is a game i just started playing: call of war, not necessarily a naval game but a large WW2 strategy game that I am enjoying

I can also see similarities with HOI4 in the game, 'cept Call of War seems a bit more interactive and alternate history while HOI4 seems a bit more historic

[SFOR]
Members
995 posts
7,846 battles
9 minutes ago, Jagdpantsu said:

I just saw this in my recommended videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd-GAOYtu00
It looks interesting

That game doens't have manual aiming in the same way the silent hunter series. It is more like sims inside a uboat.

Edited by _no_one_

[WOLF3]
Members
23,522 posts
21,096 battles

Yes, naval warfare games are extremely niche.  Entrants into this are very sparse.

Flight Simulators have traditionally, long been a very small part of gaming, and Naval Warfare titles make them look like mainstream titles like Fortnite.

Beta Testers
127 posts
2,359 battles
50 minutes ago, Jagdpantsu said:

I just saw this in my recommended videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd-GAOYtu00
It looks interesting

That game is pretty good, I have access to beta as I am a backer on kickstarter.
Is like a simplified version of silent hunter + crew management.

Can't wait for official release

• Funny 1