You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

How CVs are Affecting each Class

22 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,631 posts
5,891 battles

In under two minutes...  decided to have some fun, but I think this sums it up very succinctly.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 11
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,711 posts
5,237 battles

giphy.gif

[-TOG-]
Members
172 posts
1,784 battles

Always did love the Johnny Cash cover. My buddies thought it was the original, it's so fitting.  

[RKLES]
Members
11,231 posts
12,618 battles

I can give everyone even shorter summary of CVs being in the game and the Reworked CVs in particular...

4A870473-EE54-4D03-8C2D-C3C993C439ED.gif.6a6cc6bebce5b5be3b01dd0f4f2a0ce3.gif

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,542 battles

Couldn't be more accurate about BBs

Guys have the biggest gun, auto guns on ships, auto guns on planes, recovery, high HP pool, highest torpedo belt value etc etc

[PHASE]
Members
5,757 posts
18,702 battles

As my most played ship, the beginning of this video almost made me cry. I'll always love my Shima, even though she is collecting rust these days...

Members
2,522 posts
13,966 battles

I barely played my Shima since all the radar spam ships were added but after the rework I put her away permanently and locked the door. What a total waste of time grinding her and the captain. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,836 posts
9,171 battles

thanks for lifting our spirits, very funny Zoup!

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,956 posts
4,343 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

In under two minutes...  decided to have some fun, but I think this sums it up very succinctly.

Omg @NoZoupForYou those star wars prequel memes were glorious.. 

I had Anakin and Padme's theme playing on this attack run on a Benson the other night, it highlights how tranquil and de stressing dive bombing DD's feels :P 

[TARK]
Members
551 posts

I had the great pleasure of playing as the only dd in a game last night with (2) Midways and (1) Hak... yes.... I was a T8 DD, the ONLY one, in a game against (3) CVs.

I felt honored.

I died horribly.

There wasn't anything that could have been done.

NOTE: I sat 2km away from a pair of Woosters, and it didn't matter.  DD = CV food, and I get it now... they can't hurt anything else.  lol

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
7 minutes ago, turdjelly said:

NOTE: I sat 2km away from a pair of Woosters, and it didn't matter.  DD = CV food, and I get it now... they can't hurt anything else.  lol

Going to call bullcrap. 2 woosters will kill any squadron before it can make a single drop.

1 AA build wooster with the sector set can do that, too (but a number of cruiser players don't like going for the AA build).

• Cool 2

[TARK]
Members
551 posts
2 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

Going to call [edited]. 2 woosters will kill any squadron before it can make a single drop.

1 AA build wooster with the sector set can do that, too.

Call it all you want.  You weren't just a T8 DD in a 3 T10 CV game.

AND for once I wasn't complaining about it.  I GET IT now.  DDs (especially AA-less IJN DDs) are food for CVs.  When the entire team other than the CVs is moving in a ball, and the DD is in front of that ball (even by a few km), that is the target to hit.  I should have just stayed in the middle of the team the whole match, right?  lol

Edited by turdjelly
  • Cool 2

[O7]
Members
2,004 posts
16,295 battles

Shima still has its place. Its made a strong showing in KOTS despite the heavy midway presence.

[A-D]
2,638 posts
1 minute ago, turdjelly said:

Call it all you want.  You weren't just a T8 DD in a 3 T10 CV game.

What probably really happened is you wandered away from the woosters.

It doesn't matter how many CVs are in the game, 2 of them together will annihilate any squadron that gets close.

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
1,602 posts
10,019 battles
28 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

Going to call bullcrap. 2 woosters will kill any squadron before it can make a single drop.

That's bullcrap. I've seen number of times planes pushing past their AA net and dropping their ordinance despite few plane losses on the way.

• Cool 1

[A-D]
2,638 posts

for 1 non-AA spec wooster, yes that's possible. It'll hurt but you can get a drop off. Especially if you never close to within 4km of it.

AA spec, sector-managed wooster will still squadron wipe, usually before a drop happens, but full AA build cruisers are relatively rare.

[KIA]
Members
241 posts
12,477 battles
26 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

That's bullcrap. I've seen number of times planes pushing past their AA net and dropping their ordinance despite few plane losses on the way.

You'll likely get the first drop in only and lose every plane for a miniscule amount of damage.  It's not worth the effort attacking a 2+ AA cruiser group unless one is low and you have to kill it to have your team get their panties unbunched to push.

[NGA]
Members
1,961 posts
10,271 battles

So in summary:

DDs are murdered.

CLs/CAs murder.

And BBs are preschoolers.

Edit: I'm so gonna get downvoted for that last one.

Edited by JediMasterDraco
  • Cool 2

[TARK]
Members
551 posts
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

So in summary:

DDs are murdered.

CLs/CAs murder.

And BBs are preschoolers.

Edit: I'm so gonna get downvoted for that last one.

I laughed so hard at the BB part of the video!  Hahahaha!

Zoup, I do think your video was spot on.  I cross my fingers for no CVs in every DD game I queue up for, I cry for sadness when in my wooster there isn't something to shoot down, and I honestly don't care about CVs in any of my BBs except in my Nelson... but that is just because in my Nelson I can't be bothered with anything other than shooting forward.

[TARK]
Members
551 posts
2 hours ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

What probably really happened is you wandered away from the woosters.

It doesn't matter how many CVs are in the game, 2 of them together will annihilate any squadron that gets close.

I probably did, or since it was on Shatter I probably screwed up LoS with my teammates, while dodging the scariest air assault I've ever seen.