Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tyberius_D

Can someone explain this? (NC video and help)

7 comments in this topic

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
110 posts
2,458 battles

I keep having games that make me wonder if I am seriously being punished for running my NC. My Average damage keeps going up, but I keep getting stuck on the losing team in addition to events like what you see in the link below. Sometimes MM gets a hard on to screw up your day, by my shell spread in the video makes me wonder if there is not a serious bug. Give the video a look please and tell me what you think is going on.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,216 posts
13,153 battles

My guess is the lock on system.

I don't know if you noticed but there IS a lock on target system that reduces your dispersion. Usually the game lock on the target you're aiming at in a few seconds but sometime it doesn't. Worst is, now you get the icon that says you're locked on your target but you're actually not locked which ends up in...this. In your example you were aiming at the Kurfurst first and missed because RNG I guess. But when you switched on Worcester, the game actually didn't locked on him and kept the lock on the Kurfurst which is probably why you ended up landing your shell on the same plan as the Kurfurst but not the Worcester behind him.

I think " X " is the button to lock on a target, you may want to try pressing X first to unlock your target then press X again to lock again on the same target. It might fix your issue. And yes I agree it's annoying.

• Cool 3

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
110 posts
2,458 battles

Thanks for the reply. I all but have to stop caring in order to continue playing this game

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,843 posts
10,152 battles
58 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

My guess is the lock on system.

I don't know if you noticed but there IS a lock on target system that reduces your dispersion. Usually the game lock on the target you're aiming at in a few seconds but sometime it doesn't. Worst is, now you get the icon that says you're locked on your target but you're actually not locked which ends up in...this. In your example you were aiming at the Kurfurst first and missed because RNG I guess. But when you switched on Worcester, the game actually didn't locked on him and kept the lock on the Kurfurst which is probably why you ended up landing your shell on the same plan as the Kurfurst but not the Worcester behind him.

I think " X " is the button to lock on a target, you may want to try pressing X first to unlock your target then press X again to lock again on the same target. It might fix your issue. And yes I agree it's annoying.

Does the X button really help with dispersion ? I always forget to use it and just aim and shoot . 

[WOLFB]
Members
3,216 posts
13,153 battles
Just now, clammboy said:

Does the X button really help with dispersion ? I always forget to use it and just aim and shoot . 

That's because the game auto lock on the target you're aiming at. Imagine if each time you're aiming at someone you have to press X to actually lock on target. On some sniping BB it may not sounds like an issue, for a brawler like Kurfurst, if you missed a broadside CA because you didn't actually locked on him, it is very frustrating.

You don't need to press X each time you wanna aim at a ship, the game does it for you. Most of the time it works fine however as I mentioned above, sometime the lock on target is a bit buggy and there's not way to know it unless you shoot and see your dispersion mess with you. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,843 posts
10,152 battles
2 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

That's because the game auto lock on the target you're aiming at. Imagine if each time you're aiming at someone you have to press X to actually lock on target. On some sniping BB it may not sounds like an issue, for a brawler like Kurfurst, if you missed a broadside CA because you didn't actually locked on him, it is very frustrating.

You don't need to press X each time you wanna aim at a ship, the game does it for you. Most of the time it works fine however as I mentioned above, sometime the lock on target is a bit buggy and there's not way to know it unless you shoot and see your dispersion mess with you. 

Thanks and my most played ships are the Massachusetts and Scharnhorst so I'm almost always brawling .. 

Sign in to follow this