You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gravediggr59

Question about the Crowns and Florins...

10 comments in this topic

[DCRN]
Members
3 posts
4,401 battles

So I don't post much and I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for this question but What happens to the Left-over Crowns and Florins should I choose not to spend them all on the new CV's???  I wasn't a good CV player before the shift and really have no desire to attempt to become one now... I can see buying a bunch of signal flags for the Florins but what about the Crowns they are charging 2k Gold per 50 for??? Will there be a way to spend them or will they give a $$ amount as reimbursment??? I would be happy with either one but I wouldn't want to see them just disappear after all the time spent to earn them... So if anyone knows I would appreciate it... I suppose if I had to I could get the CV's, keep the slots, Captains and flag assortments then sell the ships but that seems a waste...

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,556 posts
13,987 battles

convert into credit

• Cool 1

[ENL]
[ENL]
Members
7 posts
18,188 battles

The crowns can (and eventually will) be converted into florins. You can either spend the florins in the  Arsenal or hold onto them and they will be converted into credits in a later patch.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,985 posts
4,104 battles
8 minutes ago, gravediggr59 said:

So I don't post much and I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for this question but What happens to the Left-over Crowns and Florins should I choose not to spend them all on the new CV's???  I wasn't a good CV player before the shift and really have no desire to attempt to become one now... I can see buying a bunch of signal flags for the Florins but what about the Crowns they are charging 2k Gold per 50 for??? Will there be a way to spend them or will they give a $$ amount as reimbursment??? I would be happy with either one but I wouldn't want to see them just disappear after all the time spent to earn them... So if anyone knows I would appreciate it... I suppose if I had to I could get the CV's, keep the slots, Captains and flag assortments then sell the ships but that seems a waste...

@gravediggr59 Please be aware, in the 4th week of the event (late march), Crowns are able to be converted to florins. If I may pull a number out of the air... it is a 8:1 exchange rate. Im not entirely sure, but fairly certain thats the exchange rate I read on the news portal

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
16,310 posts
11,166 battles

OP, if you have enough for even one of the ships, buy it. Even if you don't want it and sell it immediately, it comes with a port slot and a bunch of flags, some premium time (one day for Hermes, three for Furious) and some coal. And if you change your mind later and want to do carriers after all, you can buy it back; the modules will all be researched and you won't have to grind them out.

The alternative is to let the crowns convert then spend all the Florins on flags, camo or what-have-you, or let them convert to credits right at the end.

I would point out that in future missions where getting spotting ribbons is one of the tasks, having a T6 carrier (if you have enough stuff to get to the Furious bundle) is a great way to jump into a co-op battle, whizz round the map and get the ribbons without upsetting too many people. By that time there should be bot carriers in co-op, and bringing a CV to that mode won't automatically bring a high-tier bot battleship down on your colleagues' heads.

• Cool 2

[DCRN]
Members
3 posts
4,401 battles
14 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

OP, if you have enough for even one of the ships, buy it. Even if you don't want it and sell it immediately, it comes with a port slot and a bunch of flags, some premium time (one day for Hermes, three for Furious) and some coal. And if you change your mind later and want to do carriers after all, you can buy it back; the modules will all be researched and you won't have to grind them out.

The alternative is to let the crowns convert then spend all the Florins on flags, camo or what-have-you, or let them convert to credits right at the end.

I would point out that in future missions where getting spotting ribbons is one of the tasks, having a T6 carrier (if you have enough stuff to get to the Furious bundle) is a great way to jump into a co-op battle, whizz round the map and get the ribbons without upsetting too many people. By that time there should be bot carriers in co-op, and bringing a CV to that mode won't automatically bring a high-tier bot battleship down on your colleagues' heads.

Yeah, those Ideas had ocurred to me and now I just need to decide... Definitely doesn't hurt to have a couple of spare captains and slots... Almost have enough to get all 3 right now... Still have a week or so to make up my mind...

Thanks for the insights Folks

See you on the water...

[WOLF7]
Members
12,311 posts
21 hours ago, gravediggr59 said:

Buy the CV's with them....get the free bonus stuff.

When they convert them to regular tier ships, sell them for credits....