Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
1starchlyte

CV Gameplay is fun, except in matches

12 comments in this topic

Members
53 posts
3,498 battles

I really enjoy playing the new CVs as opposed to the RTS CVs. But in matches it's often an exercise in simply watching planes get melted. You can dodge about half of the visible flak clouds usually, but ships two tiers above you will shred you and limit you to one or possibly two runs. For the Brit CVs this means you just do less damage and are actually a drag on your team. 

Matchmaker needs an option for CVs to wait longer to play same tier matches, or AA needs to be nerfed. If the extra planes in a squadron are meant to be lost then just don't arm them. I'd rather know I can't attack than be given false hope. 

Edited by 1starchlyte

[YETI]
Beta Testers
2,906 posts
23,942 battles
16 minutes ago, 1starchlyte said:

And also, spotting isn't that fun really. Not enough to do it as your only contribution. 

One of the reasons I've shelfed all my carries until March  27 th  dead-line ……….

• Cool 1

Members
53 posts
3,498 battles

Yeah I think you are right. We should all maybe just stop playing them and then they will be forced to either lose all of their development money form re-vamp or fix the class. 

[LANCE]
Members
561 posts
4,954 battles
20 minutes ago, 1starchlyte said:

Yeah I think you are right. We should all maybe just stop playing them and then they will be forced to either lose all of their development money form re-vamp or fix the class. 

The downside to that mate is that then they have no facts/stats to balance them with so come March 27th you’ll be stuck with a less balanced CV. Just my $0.02 anyway

• Cool 1

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
464 posts
4,562 battles

Well when WG have ships that can put up walls of flak clouds without the ships captain having to do anything or even think then you can see the lack of effort on WG behalf. Ships like Republic and Minotaur show that when the new Russian Battleships come in it will be worse since they produce even bigger walls of flak that you can't even try to avoid. This is a single ship on their own with no help or anything how is that balance?..... WG CC NoZoupForYou said in his video on the Russian Battleships that you should just play like the carriers don't even exist. How is that Balance?..... The AA even shoots planes down when the ship can't see your squadrons during the storms when visibility is reduced because apparently it is easy to spot planes in a storm.

1 hour ago, Bravo4zero said:

The downside to that mate is that then they have no facts/stats to balance them with so come March 27th you’ll be stuck with a less balanced CV. Just my $0.02 anyway

I would like to think people playing them is helping WG balance them but the reality is they seem uninterested in balance and are more interested in using the sledge hammer to shut up the constant fear mongers on the forums. True the Hakuryu started with a brain dead easy load out with the 8km torp option but they then went with a knee jerk fix that made them the useless option. They then decided to make the Midway torps do basically nothing with very little chance of causing flooding. Then they made high level AA ships be able to stealth ambush with AA.

They have given some carriers some small buffs in ordinance aiming but they are so scared of the CV fear crowed they won't ever make the Carriers effective as a class. They are only interested in making countering a CV brain dead easy by having ships that produce giant walls of flak or by making hitting surface ships with strong enough ordinance all RNG and refuse to even try to make surface vessels have to use some kind of skill to avoid CV ordinance. The sector AA system is a joke because you don't pay for having the wrong sector selected and you can switch it so fast it makes having the system pointless.

• Cool 1

[ASHIP]
Members
84 posts
7,632 battles

Part of the problem especially at tier8 Cvs, is when you get uptiered, its usually into a match where the majority of ships are T10,  those matches are usually no fun at all, and your ability to contribute especially in the 1st part is limited to scouting and DD harassment,  if the match goes for a awhile you can sometime start getting meaningful strikes through to isolated ships, but everybody is learning to huddle up or as Ive seen a couple of times when the opposing team is loosing, the surface ship go huddle up under the Cvs for their AA protection,  

• Cool 1

Members
53 posts
3,498 battles

Yeah and the uptier problem exists at tier 6 too. You will be annihilated before first run sometimes by tier 8 ships for sure and tier 7 sometimes too. Also many premium ships seem to have CV immunity. 

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
8 posts
5,436 battles

I have no idea what I am supposed to do after the first pass. If I try to drop again, even against a single t10 with my t8 planes, they evaporate on the way out. I have to 'game the system' and early drop 1-2 times just so I have something survive.

Members
5 posts
927 battles

The problems go beyond the melting planes and uselessness at tier 10 as well. With a lack of alpha and losing entire squadrons, I struggle to make enough damage to generate enough credits to offset my refitting and ammo costs. I'm not going to play the class if It's a drain to my credit pool. If DOTS is meant to be my main form of damage then it needs to be more reliable.

[ASHIP]
Members
84 posts
7,632 battles

In a tier 10 match with a T8 cv, it take 2 things to make a difference in it, luck and or a good team, and patience to wait and do what you can in the 1st part of the match, which is usually scouting and harassing DDs,  later in the match some ships will get isolated that you can get a strike or 2 on,  even then there are certain ships you just cant tough, ie Mino,Worc, DM, Moskva.  and even some DDs can be painful.  what Im seeing now are the ships are staying together more and the Dds arent wandering out as far as they used too.  to be sure most matches like this are a exercise in futility though

Members
5 posts
927 battles

I get that, but let's say I get into a tier X match, and I pull...about 50k damage, not great but considering I get one maybe two attack runs before my squadron is wiped not horrid, that nets me almost 3000xp (with bonus from camo) but only 107k credits, my refit is 113k.  I had a fair match but I'm losing credits. It's crap. Sure I can fake the funk by sending two thirds of my planes back before I actually attack, but I shouldn't HAVE to do that, that's clearly not how they intended this to be played. 

Edit: realized that the XP figure I quoted included the first match X2 match bonus, but still

Edited by BaronVonCatipeen

Sign in to follow this