Gowen4moore9907

the old game style of the aircraft

23 comments in this topic

[SOL-B]
Members
11 posts
1,394 battles

I have a question, is there any chance that the old game style of the aircraft carriers will come back because the one that is now horrible is a shame because it was my favorite branch?

• Funny 1

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles
16 minutes ago, Gowen4moore9907 said:

I have a question, is there any chance that the old game style of the aircraft carriers will come back because the one that is now horrible is a shame because it was my favorite branch?

No, it won't. WG put a lot of time and resources into the new carriers, and I don't expect the old ones to return. I will say (most of) the new carriers are still fun, so try them out if you haven't already.

[RLGN]
Members
12,686 posts
22,529 battles
22 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

No, it won't. WG put a lot of time and resources into the new carriers, and I don't expect the old ones to return. I will say (most of) the new carriers are still fun, so try them out if you haven't already.

The only thing ‘fun’ about the new carriers is being able to fly over islands I’ve never been able to get a close look at before.

Outside of that they’re repetitive and boring as hell. (If there are supposed to be subtle differences making at least the tree carriers ‘different,’ they’re so subtle the tree carrriers might as well be cardboard boxes with fancy skins flying off dime store balsa gliders.)

As to the OP’s point; highly doubt it. That would require someone actually admitting the rework was a mistake.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,172 posts
13,352 battles
24 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The only thing ‘fun’ about the new carriers is being able to fly over islands I’ve never been able to get a close look at before.

Outside of that they’re repetitive and boring as hell. (If there are supposed to be subtle differences making at least the tree carriers ‘different,’ they’re so subtle the tree carrriers might as well be cardboard boxes with fancy skins flying off dime store balsa gliders.)

As to the OP’s point; highly doubt it. That would require someone actually admitting the rework was a mistake.

RTS was repetitive and boring plus it had a big dose of micromanaging too.

While we are not seeing CV's in every tier 8+ match we are seeing them more, about half in my experience, than with RTS which was something like 20%.

[SOL-B]
Members
11 posts
1,394 battles

I detest the new type of game for aircraft carriers. I would recommend the previous game system in aircraff carriers. First: limit your offensive ability. Second: You lose an impressive number of aircraft. third: the essence of the aircraft carrier is to operate several squadrons at the same time. which makes it more interesting to be able to attack at several points at the same time Fourth: provide defensive support to allied ships. In truth, this change is horrible and annoying and more so with the departure of the British aircraft carriers.

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
8 minutes ago, Gowen4moore9907 said:

help me to have others comment and give their opinions

As a general rule, companies don't go back on  corporate-level decisions they've moved forward with. Sometimes there's good reason for it, sometimes it's sunk cost fallacy.

It would take outrage of heretofore unseen levels to get WG to simply 180. I'm talking EA-star wars battlefront levels of bad PR. But even then, WG wouldn't really 180 - RTS carriers are an objectively proven failure - so really, they'd simply try something else if they really had to.

-

Now for personal opinion. I like the new CV systems/gameplay. I do think it has problems, too, and I think the skillgap still exists (watching relatively casual players stream, they simply lose all their planes while doing very low damage).

I didn't hate RTS gameplay either, I was fine with it in concept, but balancing for starcraft pros/unicums means I don't get to play.

[RLGN]
Members
12,686 posts
22,529 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

RTS was repetitive and boring plus it had a big dose of micromanaging too.

Even considering my lack of micro skill, I don’t understand this.

Having to manage a carrier is what made them different. Now they’re just another ship that (effectively,) happens to fly and die fast; often rather spectacularly; without accomplishing very much.

If I wanted to drive a ship, I’d drive a ship.

12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

While we are not seeing CV's in every tier 8+ match we are seeing them more, about half in my experience, than with RTS which was something like 20%.

So, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

If one presumes nothing has changed except carrier mechanics, then that means one side has a useless carrier 50% of the time now instead of just 20%.

3 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

I didn't hate RTS gameplay either, I was fine with it in concept, but balancing for starcraft pros/unicums means I don't get to play.

Pretty much.

Doing so makes casual carrier play effectively pointless, (to paraphrase someone from another thread; ‘I don’t want to be a professional WoWs player,’) and more than anything else is what is pushing me towards the ‘just remove them already,’ crowd.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in WoWs dev meeting; especially consisting how the carrier toxic salt storm is still going strong after six weeks. (I have no memory of the screaming fits over OWSF and Smoke firing getting nerfed lasting anywhere near as long.)

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,633 posts
12,782 battles
1 hour ago, Gowen4moore9907 said:

No, it is gone permanently. I was a fan of the old RTS as well. However, learning to adapt. After a little longer than usual (old dog new tricks) I'm becoming more familiar with it. Will need to put a lot more time in with it to become proficient. 

On a side note, If you choose to pursue it. Keep in mind it is actually in live test mode now. Still in flux so more changes/tweaks are to come with things involving CV's from offense and defense. May be wrong but I think the USN CV tweaks may be done as far as their aircraft performance goes. The last tweak was to the IJN with a slight buff.

• Cool 1

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Doing so makes casual carrier play effectively pointless, (to paraphrase someone from another thread; ‘I don’t want to be a professional WoWs player,’) and more than anything else is what is pushing me towards the ‘just remove them already,’ crowd.

This was more a comment on the old system. I started off as a CV main during CBT, and effectively got balanced out of playing carriers. I wasn't a pro at them.

With the new system I can at least be somewhat effective. Not as effective as in other ship types, but somewhat effective. So despite its problems, it's already better for me.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
12,401 posts

Umm nope the old system is gone. I prefer the new system without the crazy micro of the old one. Ideally when it is complete carriers will be more accessible and balanced more in line with the other ship types.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,172 posts
13,352 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If one presumes nothing has changed except carrier mechanics, then that means one side has a useless carrier 50% of the time now instead of just 20%.

However, many things have changed, with RTS a useless CV players was a 70% win chance for the other team to win. Now it is more like the loss of a single ship.

1 minute ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

This was more a comment on the old system. I started off as a CV main during CBT, and effectively got balanced out of playing carriers. I wasn't a pro at them.

With the new system I can at least be somewhat effective. Not as effective as in other ship types, but somewhat effective. So despite its problems, it's already better for me.

This, many more players are able to play them and actually assist their team even if it is only with spotting because of AA balls of hell that currently stop CV's dead.

[SHPFC]
Members
243 posts
7,538 battles
1 hour ago, Gowen4moore9907 said:

You say it was your Favorite. But your 27 battles in them with 1 of those since re-work. With 972 battles in BB's determined that is a LIE. If you don't want CV's in the game don't lie about it.

Frosty

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,237 posts
3,495 battles

No, it's gone. RTS didn't fit into the game, CVs were basically a different game. Also, the balance was way off, in part due to the RTS style. So it's gone, probably never to return.

Now, that's not to say the current system is good. It's not. It's different, the basic idea is good, but I think we've just got different problems now. Also, it's still up for debate whether aircraft can really fit into the game. What we have is an improvement, mostly because CVs are less of a factor when they're present now. But it's a long way from optimal.

Two things are going to happen. WG will eventually tweak the CVs to where they work well and are popular. I don't see that happening anytime soon, it's still pretty broken right now. CVs may settle down to where they were before, with playstyle close to what it is now. But they're not attracting new players, and the depth for the old players is gone, so I think you get a steady decline to where they're rarer than before. At that point WG may decided that it's easier to remove CVs and rebalance the other ships accordingly. I'd hate to see that happen, but it may be only fix.

Basically, they're either going to stick with this style or remove them completely. Another rework is not going to happen, if this reboot doesn't work, CVs are probably history. The jury's still out on whether it's a success or not. But IMO they're more likely to remove CVs completely than to go back to RTS. Remember, there's a reason we have the rework, RTS didn't work.

[RLGN]
Members
12,686 posts
22,529 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, many more players are able to play them and actually assist their team even if it is only with spotting because of AA balls of hell that currently stop CV's dead.

I can be more effective in an uptiered destroyer than an uptiered carrier can even pretend to be.

Being effectively reduced to nothing more than a glorified scout 40-60% of the time, (depending on how MM falls out,) is what makes the new carriers so dull to play.

Why even bother playing one then?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,172 posts
13,352 battles
22 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I can be more effective in an uptiered destroyer than an uptiered carrier can even pretend to be.

Being effectively reduced to nothing more than a glorified scout 40-60% of the time, (depending on how MM falls out,) is what makes the new carriers so dull to play.

Why even bother playing one then?

The are changing how overlapping AA works. Currently it acts more like a multiplier.

[SOL-B]
Members
11 posts
1,394 battles
2 hours ago, KAAOS_Frosty said:

Usted dice que era su favorito. Pero tus 27 batallas en ellas con 1 de ellas desde que vuelves a trabajar. Con 972 batallas en BB's determinó que es una MENTIRA. Si no quieres CV en el juego, no mientas sobre eso.

Escarchado

I admired the old style of game because it was really a challenge I played very seldom with it because I was waiting for the British aircraft carriers

[SOL-B]
Members
11 posts
1,394 battles

before the new game mode of the aircraft carriers. I specialize in battleships and recently I started playing on aircraft carriers before the update and I liked it a lot.
the reason was for driving more than one squad at a time I had to be attentive to everything demanded all my concetracion could attack and support my team but not now.
before I saw an aircraft carrier attack and I was scared because their offensive power was terrible but now the aircraft carrier is no longer lethal now they look like flies instead of airplanes

[SIM]
Members
1,633 posts

New CV rework is beyond horrible. The only thing it brings is a different view from the pilot seat. CV play is worse now and CV are totally useless as compared to before. WG needs to scrap this rework and just roll back the initial CV play style. All the work they did was just plain [edited]Stupid.

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
3,682 posts
8,408 battles

I personally am not a fan of the rework (if you get rid of air combat between CVs, what is even the point?), but even more so I am annoyed by the constant changes of things like AA, captain skills, etc.

I am willing to (admittedly begrudgingly) adapt to the new CV style, but not while so many things are in flux that tactics and loud-outs change drastically from patch to patch, and I still have yet to find a definitive guide on the new CV's anywhere.

Until the meta stabilizes enough for solid guides to come out like the ones Farazelleth put out on youtube in the past, my CVs will stay in port.

[SOL-B]
Members
11 posts
1,394 battles
On 13/3/2019 at 20:49, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

No, se ha ido de forma permanente. Yo también era un fan de los viejos RTS. Sin embargo, aprendiendo a adaptarse. Después de un poco más de lo normal (nuevos trucos para perros viejos) me estoy familiarizando con él. Tendrá que dedicar mucho más tiempo para ser competente. 

En una nota lateral, si decide seguirlo. Tenga en cuenta que en realidad está en modo de prueba en vivo ahora. Todavía en proceso de cambio, por lo que habrá más cambios / modificaciones con cosas relacionadas con los CV de ofensiva y defensiva. Puede estar equivocado, pero creo que los ajustes de CV de la USN pueden realizarse en lo que respecta al rendimiento de su aeronave. La última modificación fue para el IJN con un ligero beneficio.

I would recommend the previous game system in aircraff carriers.

First: limit your offensive ability. 
Second: You lose an impressive number of aircraft. 
third: the essence of the aircraft carrier is to operate several squadrons at the same time. which makes it more interesting to be able to attack at several points at the same time 
Fourth: provide defensive support to allied ships. 
In truth, this change is horrible and annoying and more so with the departure of the British aircraft carriers.

[SOL-B]
Members
11 posts
1,394 battles
On 13/3/2019 at 20:49, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

No, se ha ido de forma permanente. Yo también era un fan de los viejos RTS. Sin embargo, aprendiendo a adaptarse. Después de un poco más de lo normal (nuevos trucos para perros viejos) me estoy familiarizando con él. Tendrá que dedicar mucho más tiempo para ser competente. 

En una nota lateral, si decide seguirlo. Tenga en cuenta que en realidad está en modo de prueba en vivo ahora. Todavía en proceso de cambio, por lo que habrá más cambios / modificaciones con cosas relacionadas con los CV de ofensiva y defensiva. Puede estar equivocado, pero creo que los ajustes de CV de la USN pueden realizarse en lo que respecta al rendimiento de su aeronave. La última modificación fue para el IJN con un ligero beneficio.

you think that in the future the old style of game of the aircraft carriers will return ????????