You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
viper1905

ARKANSA B

90 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

It's not about money and it's not about if people use it or not.  I am sure some people really don't care that they own it.  To others though, they enjoy having it and taking it out once in a while simply because it is "special".  Whatever, it's theirs, they can do whatever they want with it.

The people who helped test beta were told "never again", not "for a while" or "until later".  Never and exclusive are words that have a meaning.  They mean never and exclusive.  It's not about others wants.

I don't know why you seem to think that promises should be broken in life simply because time passes, but that is not the case.  There are many things that I want, but I simply cannot have.  Me wanting them doesn't change that.  Just the way the world works and it isn't a huge deal.

And WG has never said one thing one day and it not change later?  And is Missouri still in the shop for 750,000 free xp after it being assured to players it would always be there?  

crap changes, you should realize that by now especially with this game.  

Edited by comtedumas

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
1,097 battles

Neat, I just tested the secondaries against some DDs that got too close and was nice seeing a big chunk of health get taken away. 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
393 posts
17 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

And WG has never said one thing one day and it not change later?  And is Missouri still in the shop for 750,000 free xp after it being assured to players it would always be there?  

crap changes, you should realize that by now especially with this game.  

These ships have been in their ports for much, much longer than most of the ships that are currently in the game.  They were among the very first.  I have no reason to believe that WG will suddenly go back on their promise now or in the future.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
393 posts
16 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Neat, I just tested the secondaries against some DDs that got too close and was nice seeing a big chunk of health get taken away. 

Yeah, she has 0 defense against air attack, she just has to sit there and take it.  Her secondaries though, are brutal if you can get them close enough.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
56 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

These ships have been in their ports for much, much longer than most of the ships that are currently in the game.  They were among the very first.  I have no reason to believe that WG will suddenly go back on their promise now or in the future.

Haven’t been around a WG game much, have you?  

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
418 posts
4,161 battles

In any case.Arkansas Beta and Iwaki Alpha will not ever be available again to anyone else.

However that isn't saying an Arkansas or Iwaki might make an appearance at some point (or maybe sister ships).  But the Beta and Alpha designation of the ships will never be given to others. (I tried to get into the alpha but no dice)

[-GDP-]
2,591 posts
1,097 battles

Kind of ironic that nobody wants the  Alpha ship, only wants the Ark B because it’s a good seal clubbing ship.

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
725 posts

meh. Ive only played it once this year, just to let the CVs have some fun.

[-GDP-]
2,591 posts
1,097 battles

Really the best way to deal with CV is to stick close to other ships with AA, the secondaries will shred any ships that get too close. 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
393 posts
59 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

Haven’t been around a WG game much, have you?  

It's a T4 with no AA in a meta that just became all about the CV.  T4s do not sell for much to begin with and there would be little interest.

It's value is more in it's rarity than it's performance.  If everyone has it, not many will want it. There is no upside for them in that situation. The chances of WG ticking off the people who tested the product for free, to make very meager profits, after years of keeping their promise, are basically 0. 

It's a neat BB but you are not missing out on some unbalanced monster.

I have the Cobra MkIV in Elite: Dangerous that they gave to the financial backers or alpha players, I forget which it was.  It's the same, nothing super special.  In fact it's pretty well known to be a crap space ship in that game. Just a unique thing as a "thank you".

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
44 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

It's a T4 with no AA in a meta that just became all about the CV.  T4s do not sell for much to begin with and there would be little interest.

It's value is more in it's rarity than it's performance.  If everyone has it, not many will want it. There is no upside for them in that situation. The chances of WG ticking off the people who tested the product for free, to make very meager profits, after years of keeping their promise, are basically 0. 

It's a neat BB but you are not missing out on some unbalanced monster.

I have the Cobra MkIV in Elite: Dangerous that they gave to the financial backers or alpha players, I forget which it was.  It's the same, nothing super special.  In fact it's pretty well known to be a crap space ship in that game. Just a unique thing as a "thank you".

Think of it this way, you have a piece of intellectual property that won’t cost you a penny to develop you can offer to your player base that would like to have it for say $7.99.  Even sales considered only fair would bring in a ton of money for your company you are letting go to waste.  

It’s a simple business decision on WG’s part, if they wanted to go there.  

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
393 posts
10 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

Think of it this way, you have a piece of intellectual property that won’t cost you a penny to develop you can offer to your player base that would like to have it for say $7.99.  Even sales considered only fair would bring in a ton of money for your company you are letting go to waste.  

It’s a simple business decision on WG’s part, if they wanted to go there.  

Aye, but again, they told the beta testers, that it was their "reward" for their time in helping to test the game and will never be offered again.  Is just what they decided. 

I am going to log into the testing server right now to check that I have done the required games so far, toward getting my whopping one day of premium and some signals for helping to test 8.2.  That is my "reward" for that, just the same.

[-GDP-]
2,591 posts
1,097 battles

Yup, not our fault you didn’t sign up when they beta tested the game allowing us such a fine ship that the rest of you lot can’t get. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
6 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Aye, but again, they told the beta testers, that it was their "reward" for their time in helping to test the game and will never be offered again.  Is just what they decided. 

I am going to log into the testing server right now to check that I have done the required games so far, toward getting my whopping one day of premium and some signals for helping to test 8.2.  That is my "reward" for that, just the same.

And again, they said Missouri would be a free xp ship from then on and would always remain in the ship for 750,000 free xp.  Things change.  

Beta Testers
1,152 posts
14,526 battles
On 3/13/2019 at 4:24 PM, Smoked_Maple_Bacon said:

it was a beta test reward

unless its been changed, you aint missing much

We'll just go ahead and ignore that ^^

arkbeta.JPG