You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
viper1905

ARKANSA B

90 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
224 posts
4,531 battles

Not that good? Short range secondaries? HA! I have 6.8 km secondaries on a Tier 4. Personally I think Arkansas is the best secondary boat in the game. Sure the german BBs and Massachusetts have better range and a more effective manual control of secondaries skill but the range that other ships have and the meta at those tiers leads to the secondaries not getting to work as much. Its fairly common for me to get multiple close quarters experts in an Arkansas match. Not to mention you get the sweet artillery plotting room to buff your accuracy..... and the choice between boosting your reload or your range. 

As far as rereleasing the ship? I dont see them doing it in its current form. It would be like rereleasing Nikolai. A nerfed version maybe. I imagine it would only have tier 4 equipment slots. 

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
On 3/13/2019 at 7:47 PM, CarbonButtprint said:

It will be unavailable to the masses for a very long time... at least it should be. Same with Iwaki Alpha. 

It’s been years, how much longer till you get your fill and allow the great unwashed a chance to have the Ship?  

Modder
1,149 posts
1 minute ago, comtedumas said:

It’s been years, how much longer till you get your fill and allow the great unwashed a chance to have the Ship?  

Ad infinitum. Iwaki and Arkansas were given out for very specific reasons and are therefore exclusive items in-game. That's how they should stay.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
Just now, zFireWyvern said:

Ad infinitum. Iwaki and Arkansas were given out for very specific reasons and are therefore exclusive items in-game. That's how they should stay.

Why, other than a few wanting to have a status symbol they don’t even use anymore?

Modder
1,149 posts

Why, other than a few wanting to have a status symbol they don’t even use anymore?

Because they're Alpha and Beta test reward ships. Weren't able to participate in the Alpha and/or Beta test for WoWS? Sorry but that's just how it goes. The same opportunity was afforded to all for access.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
9 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

Because they're Alpha and Beta test reward ships. Weren't able to participate in the Alpha and/or Beta test for WoWS? Sorry but that's just how it goes. The same opportunity was afforded to all for access.

IOW, screw everybody else.  Starting to sound like EVE online more and more everyday.  

[XBRTC]
Members
2,350 posts
8,290 battles
2 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

IOW, screw everybody else.  Starting to sound like EVE online more and more everyday.  

It's bad enough that people want trophies just for participating, but you're telling me that you should get a participation trophy when you didn't even show up?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
30 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

It's bad enough that people want trophies just for participating, but you're telling me that you should get a participation trophy when you didn't even show up?

No, I would be glad to pay for the ship if it was offered for sale and decided I wanted it.  

[XBRTC]
Members
2,350 posts
8,290 battles

No, I would be glad to pay for the ship if it was offered for sale and decided I wanted it.  

Buying a participation trophy when you didn't participate doesn't make it any better.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles

Then make an identical ship called Arkansas C and you get your status symbol and other players get to play the ship if they want it.  

[CHBK]
Members
398 posts
2,311 battles
On 3/13/2019 at 6:22 PM, viper1905 said:

Arkansa B ship were can i gett it at i looked ever were???:Smile_amazed:

I hope you aren't a citizen of the United States...I thought the thread title was a typo...apparently not.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,350 posts
8,290 battles
47 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

Then make an identical ship called Arkansas C and you get your status symbol and other players get to play the ship if they want it.  

I don’t have it. And I don’t  want it, either, because I don’t deserve it. I didn’t participate, so I don’t get the participation trophy. And neither should you. Or anyone else that didn’t earn it.

• Cool 2

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
175 posts
6,621 battles
46 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

I hope you aren't a citizen of the United States...I thought the thread title was a typo...apparently not.

He's probably from Texa

• Funny 2

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
38 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I don’t have it. And I don’t  want it, either, because I don’t deserve it. I didn’t participate, so I don’t get the participation trophy. And neither should you. Or anyone else that didn’t earn it.

Who are you to determine what others deserve?  

• Boring 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,350 posts
8,290 battles
2 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

Who are you to determine what others deserve?  

Oh, so you do deserve the participation trophy for the event in which you didn’t participate?

Okay, then. Got it.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
3 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Oh, so you do deserve the participation trophy for the event in which you didn’t participate?

Okay, then. Got it.

I said after several years it should be available for purchase.  

Edited by comtedumas

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
393 posts
1 hour ago, comtedumas said:

I was a closed beta tester, so I have the Ark B.  I was not an alpha tester, so I do not have the alpha ship.  That ship is the reward they got for helping to test the alpha version, I did not help test that version so I do not get that reward.  Just the way life is.

The rules don't change just because time has passed and everyone can't win everything.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
393 posts
26 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

I said after several years it should be available for purchase. 

It should not.  It was promised to the testers that it would be exclusive and never be available again.  Just like the alpha ship that I don't have.  Time doesn't change promises. 

If you obtained a limited run thing X, baseball card, car, whatever.  A lot of that value lies in it's limited numbers.  If they just start making more, that value suddenly vanishes and you would not be very happy. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,227 posts

I like my Ark Beta.  6.8km secondaries at Tier 4?  Yes please!

I don’t play my Nikolai much anymore though.  Everyone just focus fires you all the time because of the ship’s reputation.  Even though the ship isn’t actually nearly as good as her rep.

Members
1,193 posts
3,156 battles
2 hours ago, comtedumas said:

I don't have either ship and i'm still defending them. No matter how bad i want the ships, i recognize that they're exclusive. I wouldn't go to a car company and ask them to build me a limited edition car, same thing with warships. I don't understand why people think they should just be able to get every ship in the game. 

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
25 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

It should not.  It was promised to the testers that it would be exclusive and never be available again.  Just like the alpha ship that I don't have.  Time doesn't change promises. 

If you obtained a limited run thing X, baseball card, car, whatever.  A lot of that value lies in it's limited numbers.  If they just start making more, that value suddenly vanishes and you would not be very happy. 

It should, because it would earn the company money.  You don’t use it, so why exactly do you want a port queen as a status symbol?  Your e-peen not big enough?  

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,251 posts
4,766 battles
18 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I don't have either ship and i'm still defending them. No matter how bad i want the ships, i recognize that they're exclusive. I wouldn't go to a car company and ask them to build me a limited edition car, same thing with warships. I don't understand why people think they should just be able to get every ship in the game. 

And you wouldn’t have to buy it.  But players who do want it should have an opportunity to get it after a reasonable time period.  

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
393 posts
Just now, comtedumas said:

It should, because it would earn the company money.  You don’t use it, so why exactly do you want a port queen as a status symbol?  Your e-peen not big enough?  

It's not about money and it's not about if people use it or not.  I am sure some people really don't care that they own it.  To others though, they enjoy having it and taking it out once in a while simply because it is "special".  Whatever, it's theirs, they can do whatever they want with it.

The people who helped test beta were told "never again", not "for a while" or "until later".  Never and exclusive are words that have a meaning.  They mean never and exclusive.  It's not about others wants.

I don't know why you seem to think that promises should be broken in life simply because time passes, but that is not the case.  There are many things that I want, but I simply cannot have.  Me wanting them doesn't change that.  Just the way the world works and it isn't a huge deal.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
393 posts
7 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

And you wouldn’t have to buy it.  But players who do want it should have an opportunity to get it after a reasonable time period.  

Again, the promise was that the reward was exclusive, it would "never" be available again.

I don't own the GC.  It even has a known game advantage but at this point, WG will VERY likely never offer it again.  I could have gotten it when it was available but I didn't and I will never have it now.  Just how life works sometimes.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
1,097 battles

It’s never going to happen, even if they sell it it too good of a seal clubbing ship.