You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
viper1905

ARKANSA B

90 comments in this topic

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
1,097 battles

Kind of glad they gave us a one of a kind BB for a beta ship, instead of a CL which nobody cares. 

[-GDP-]
2,591 posts
1,097 battles
1 minute ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

It might get the mutant treatment at some point you just have to wait and see.

No going to happen, mutant 6 is a pre order tank which they change the purchase policy so people can buy it after launch. Much different from a reward tank/ship. 

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
611 posts

Eh, it's honestly nothing special save for the upgrade slots. It's basically the health of an upgraded Wyoming but with literally zero AA capability. Any semi-competent carrier will focus you first since they know there is literally nothing you can do to fight back.

• Bad 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,952 posts
7,296 battles

What, this ol' thing? She's not even that good just kidding she's amazing

H7bvUHG.jpg

• Funny 2

[1-]
Members
108 posts
2,082 battles
2 hours ago, alex08060 said:

No going to happen, mutant 6 is a pre order tank which they change the purchase policy so people can buy it after launch. Much different from a reward tank/ship. 

It's a lot more likely than the mutant BECAUSE it's a free reward, rather than something that was sold for real money with a promise of exclusivity. I was a big proponent of selling a different version of the mutant, but not taking away the exclusivity from those that bought it on preorder. 

Edited by BOT_ROCKET
Grammar

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,952 posts
7,296 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Depends on the version. They will not release the CBT ship, she is too much of a seal clubber. The only premium ship that's worse, is the Imperator Nikolai, because of the layout of her main battery and the better sigma.

I  have almost exact same WR/damage/kills on my Nikolai and Ark Beta. But I kinda suck with Nikolai though.

1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

50 matches.  I did 52 or 53 matches in closed beta and received Arkansas Beta.  It was not an announced reward though, so none of us in closed beta had any idea that playing 50 matches would get us a reward ship.  It was given out after the closed beta was finished.

Yeah, it was fifty. And, if memory serves, they did announce it in the site news.

48 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

BTW some beta testers actually sold their ark B for a port slot. Well it's thier lost.

There was A LOT of negativity when people found out what they'll get as a reward, "making us spend six+ million to make this 'reward' be only slightly worse than tech tree Wyoming is messed up", that sort of thing. WoWS never changes.

36 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Any semi-competent carrier will focus you first since they know there is literally nothing you can do to fight back.

Thankfully, there isn't too many of those :)

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,616 posts
2,487 battles

The funny thing about Arkansas Beta is how often the opposing team also has an Arkansas Beta on it when I take it out.  Rarely see them otherwise, but if I take mine out, presto, another Ark B.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
685 posts
8,662 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Wasn't she announced about a week before the Beta ended? 

Yes, it was.  I had to play a few more games to make the cutoff.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,795 posts
2,493 battles
2 hours ago, viper1905 said:

Is they any way i can gett it??

Nope. It's a Beta Test reward, the special thing about it is that only Beta testers get it. If they gave it to others, it wouldn't be unique.

However, if you must have it, the closest thing is the stock Wyoming. The back director isn't there, so you can shoot 4 turrets (IIRC) over the stern just like the ArkB. You have no AA, just like the ArkB. You don't have T9 module slots, but nothing you can do there.

[-GDP-]
2,591 posts
1,097 battles
51 minutes ago, BOT_ROCKET said:

It a lot more likely than the mutant BECAUSE it's a free reward, rather than something that was sold for real money with a promise of exclusivity. I was a big proponent of selling a different version of the mutant, but not taking away the exclusivity from those that bought it on preorder. 

And that is the main point it's not being sold. So you can never purchase it. 

[PQUOD]
Members
1,076 posts
7,701 battles

As others have said it was a gift to beta testers. I wish I'd heard of WoW when it was in beta. Would love to own that ship. 

From an old Arkie

Capt_Ahab1776

[IHW]
215 posts
2 hours ago, viper1905 said:

Arkansa B ship were can i gett it at i looked ever were???:Smile_amazed:

Well after seeing this thread I figured hey I own a beta ive not used it in about 6 months lets take it out for a spin and see what it can do... Well it speaks for itself even with the cv changes it can handle itself quite well. Shame I didn't record the battle but thats life. Thanks OP for giving me something to do this evening :Smile_smile:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.eae7f985869298f89a25c9aba045fe62.jpg

beta.thumb.jpg.3e284b3e872c15aa39a068e7bde147b6.jpg422836798_beta2.thumb.png.03ae0abb857b3b64d209176b02764c81.png

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
393 posts

For those of us that own her, don't forget about her secondaries.  Fun build.  They are short range, but if you get into range...many players just don't know what's coming :).

[-GDP-]
2,591 posts
1,097 battles

:cap_like:That's a good seal clubbing ship.

[TACG]
Alpha Tester
361 posts
3,124 battles

Short answer. No you can't get her, and it should be that way. 

As far as how good she is. She's awesome. She has: same number of upgrade slots as a Tier 10, nice secondaries, if optimized properly, she can be pretty accurate with her guns (for a tier 4), she has no AA but that's okay, at this tier it's doubtful your AA on any ship will help you that much.

• Boring 1

[1-]
Members
108 posts
2,082 battles
57 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

And that is the main point it's not being sold. So you can never purchase it. 

My point is that it would be more ethically acceptable to sell a ship that was given away for free than it was to  put an "exclusive limited time only" tank that was bought with real money back on the market. 

I can walk around handing out free coasters on the street, telling people they are special for owning it. That does not put me under any obligation whatsoever to never sell the same coaster. OTOH, if people were buying the coasters because of their exclusivity, it would be bad business and unethical to dilute the exclusivity by selling more. 

[1-]
Members
108 posts
2,082 battles

In continuation for clarification: I don't give one single iota if they sell it. I have more premium ships than I can play in a day, and rarely play low tiers anymore.

Edited by BOT_ROCKET

[-GDP-]
2,591 posts
1,097 battles
9 minutes ago, BOT_ROCKET said:

My point is that it would be more ethically acceptable to sell a ship that was given away for free than it was to  put an "exclusive limited time only" tank that was bought with real money back on the market. 

I can walk around handing out free coasters on the street, telling people they are special for owning it. That does not put me under any obligation whatsoever to never sell the same coaster. OTOH, if people were buying the coasters because of their exclusivity, it would be bad business and unethical to dilute the exclusivity by selling more. 

Not going to happen as well, its a reward ship. They never sold any of the reward tanks in WOT expect China but that's due to a different company.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
505 posts

Its a nice ship.

Got an 8 kill Kraken on her long time ago, but now that CVs are populating tier 4, its not really fun to play.

It's like having a classic car, you enjoy having a ride every now and then

[YARRR]
Members
593 posts
4,879 battles

This is why you cannot have her...

02_big.jpg

That red circled object is the USS Arkansas being destroyed in the Operation Crossroads A-Bomb test at Bikini Atoll.

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
398 posts
4,118 battles
45 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Fun Arkansas B Fact:  AA rating 0.

Fortunately most don't even know what this ship is so CV players don't target her. Thankfully. 

[M-B]
191 posts
7,799 battles

While it's not Wyoming Class, perhaps one day you will get the Florida or Utah instead, Utah can be in her Pearl Harbor hull that can fit in with Arizona and West Virginia. As for Arkansas, I doubt she'd ever be for sale, gifted, or earned through missions, she is a USN Nikolai.

[KNMSU]
Members
4,717 posts
5,104 battles
15 hours ago, DocWalker said:

A downside ... at her tier you can see a lot of CVs ... and she has NO AA.  Played her this weekend as a Maskarado ... do not miss not having her.

Pretty much every tier 3/4 game now has two CVs per team - it's inescapable.