You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
deadmeat231

I am tired of ungrateful teams

66 comments in this topic

[HSF14]
Members
9 posts
7,793 battles

So I have been playing cvs since the rework. I was an amazing player in cvs before and I’m still amazing now. Here’s my question why are people so ungrateful when me as a cv player spots early attacks and wrecks ships to keep the game alive why am I getting so much team hate like I did nothing ? Im averaging top 2 every cv game. Even tier 10. What is wrong with the community ? Stop the hate until u have actually tried cvs! I can’t be everywhere and I can’t attack every ship that’s beating your [edited]. Here’s a tip don’t go out alone vs the enemy cv, odds ar I’m not going to be able to protect you. Rant over 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[H_]
Members
3,377 posts
15,077 battles
6 minutes ago, deadmeat231 said:

So I have been playing cvs since the rework. I was an amazing player in cvs before and I’m still amazing now. Here’s my question why are people so ungrateful when me as a cv player spots early attacks and wrecks ships to keep the game alive why am I getting so much team hate like I did nothing ? Im averaging top 2 every cv game. Even tier 10. What is wrong with the community ? Stop the hate until u have actually tried cvs! I can’t be everywhere and I can’t attack every ship that’s beating your [edited]. Here’s a tip don’t go out alone vs the enemy cv, odds ar I’m not going to be able to protect you. Rant over 

That's really simple OP:   with only one CV, you can't be everywhere; and, where you were not, your mates got whacked and that made them a bit peaked !!!  I often find myself asking where in the Pocking heck oiur CV players is playing........and, the answer is on the other side of the map......usually, doing his/her best.

• Cool 1

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,880 posts
7,091 battles

I get the same crap when playing cruiser. BB's always complaining that I can't save them by shooting the enemy hitting them with HE. DD's always complain that I am not there to support there capture point procurement. CV's complaining that enemy cruisers have too much AA (which isn't my problem, I'm not in charge of game balance), and they want me to shoot the cruisers with all the AA. Then the enemy team dislikes me for doing the task to them for various reasons. Radar, HE, AA, ect. 

It's a video game, no one is ever going to be happy or grateful. You have to ignore the complainers and just play on.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,009 posts
16,934 battles

People suck in general at noticing what others do well. They’re also bad at noticing what they’re doing poorly. Combine those two with a hate bandwagon for CVs, and you get the CV blame meme. There’s pretty much nothing you can do about it short of curing world stupidity, and I’m afraid that one might be even farther off than world hunger at this point.

• Cool 4

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,880 posts
7,091 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

There’s pretty much nothing you can do about it short of curing world stupidity, and I’m afraid that one might be even farther off than world hunger at this point.

Since when was that ever on the "to do list" for the planet?

[HSF14]
Members
9 posts
7,793 battles
12 minutes ago, Phil_Swift_With_Flextape said:

I get the same crap when playing cruiser. BB's always complaining that I can't save them by shooting the enemy hitting them with HE. DD's always complain that I am not there to support there capture point procurement. CV's complaining that enemy cruisers have too much AA (which isn't my problem, I'm not in charge of game balance), and they want me to shoot the cruisers with all the AA. Then the enemy team dislikes me for doing the task to them for various reasons. Radar, HE, AA, ect. 

It's a video game, no one is ever going to be happy or grateful. You have to ignore the complainers and just play on.

Well it’s good to see I’m not the only cv player who feels this way. Everyone wants the cv’s help but no one (rarely) compliments a cv player working his [edited]off. So here’s to you cv players I see u, in the Hearn of the moment that fighter dance we do to avoid losing planes, I see your struggle your disdain for the Minotaur and Worcester. I feel your pain. #maketeamsgreatagain #CVplayershave feelingstoo #ILovedevsttrikingdds

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,880 posts
7,091 battles
1 minute ago, deadmeat231 said:

Well it’s good to see I’m not the only cv player who feels this way. Everyone wants the cv’s help but no one (rarely) compliments a cv player working his [edited]off. So here’s to you cv players I see u, in the Hearn of the moment that fighter dance we do to avoid losing planes, I see your struggle your disdain for the Minotaur and Worcester. I feel your pain. #maketeamsgreatagain #CVplayershave feelingstoo #ILovedevsttrikingdds

I said I play Cruiser, not CV (exclusively at least). On the other hand, I have been playing more CV than I can actually stomach. I feel obligated to be part of the solution and not the problem.

[MIA-I]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
1,292 posts
13,490 battles

Changes bring gripes. Big changes bring big gripes, Global changes...

Well, you follow. Since I am seeing gripes from both Cv players and from non-CV players in about equal choruses, I am inclined to believe things are coming to a balance. 

I was never any good with CVs, but at this time I am more inclined to play them, as the gameplay is less attention-sucking (at least to me). So as it is, I see it as a positive. I am still learning, but the learning curve does not seem as steep. 

Dealing with planes seems a bit more forgiving also. I am less in control of my AA dispositions, but it is no longer a situation where I am being nuked with zero counterplay. 

[NSEW]
Members
1,602 posts
10,019 battles

As a recent CV Captain (to test & try the rework), I have tried to contribute whenever possible in-game. Knowing that at Tier 4, it's an uphill struggle. So I revert to spotting target for the team usually. Being cognisant of the fact that, my damage per is far less than other ships could do.

Flip that over. I am a non-CV ship. I type in chat to spot a certain area (not filled with AA ships), ping a grid, use the in-game command for help. What does a tunnel visioned CV pilot do? ignores it completely. Our flank is decimated by enemy Shimakaze. Our Hindenburg, Minotaur, Des Moines, all get saturated to low HP. Whilst I'm trying to hold the enemy battleships rolling into our flank. Ultimately, I break contact (no choice) being the only survivor (shortly after game ending). Needless to say, our flank could have been easily kept. Had our CV scouted that Shimakaze for our Cruisers to engage. Point of note, there weren't any AA ships to deter our CV to send his/her planes there.

That is what I dislike about "miscommunication" or "lack of communication" currently. Nevermind the players that totally ignore the minimap situations. Or hell bent to achieving some of their own personal agenda in game whilst totally disregarding the outcome of the battle.

Wow, this quickly became a rant. Apologies.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,785 posts
9,850 battles

In general a good deal of the CV rage comes people who see an opportunity that you, as the CV, could use to swing the battle on a flank but don't.  A good example would be the flank that has more ships, but is frozen and getting picked apart because their DD killed yours.  If they ask for vision and nothing happens I wouldn't be surprised by some raging. 

On the other hand, I found that CV play can actually get you a lot of karma if you use chat.  Mentioning where you're going to strike, dropping fighters over friendlies, and helping tip key fights are all highly visible to your teammates.  Flush a DD out of smoke with torps?  Your team will love you.  But the big thing is just to communicate with your team.  A silent CV is assumed to be tunnel visioned on damage.  Let them know what you're doing and everyone benefits!

[HINON]
Members
3,234 posts
24,159 battles

and you should be grateful whenever a team doesn't potato so hard that you can't secure the win for them.

Members
6,216 posts
13,452 battles

I think part of the problem might be that people's definition of "amazing" varies quite a bit and what they expect to be amazing. 

But I say that as someone who is not amazing in CVs.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,832 posts
17,627 battles
1 hour ago, deadmeat231 said:

Maybe it's your modesty that prevents them from recognizing how great you are?

• Funny 4

[WOLF2]
Members
4,832 posts
17,627 battles
6 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_42 said:

...and the high expectation for gratitude.:cap_horn:

If you didn't get the hate, you did good. Btw... here's your tip 

200.gif

I'm guessing if you walk into a room thinking you're God's gift to the human race, 

It doesn't really matter whether you are or not, you're gonna generate some hate :)

Arrogance has its own reward - a punch in da face!

I get this a lot, since I'm so awesome myself :)

Edited by Commander_367

[PHASE]
Members
5,760 posts
18,724 battles
1 hour ago, deadmeat231 said:

So I have been playing cvs since the rework. I was an amazing player in cvs before and I’m still amazing now. 

It's easy to say how good a CV player your are or were till someone fact checks you. By all means post your solo CV game stats...…………………………………………………………………...

[WOLF2]
Members
4,832 posts
17,627 battles
17 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_42 said:

@Commander_367 duude...you quoted me, not the OP

Sorry, I was a just responding to you quoting me lol

You were absolutely right on the gratitude thing 

It was a general comment directed at no-one … I was inspired by your post and the vid :)

Ping .. Pong?

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
19 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

It's easy to say how good a CV player your are or were till someone fact checks you. By all means post your solo CV game stats...…………………………………………………………………...

I was just looking at that myself.  Very interesting results, that.

[0456]
Members
460 posts
8,910 battles

2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

People suck in general at noticing what others do well. They’re also bad at noticing what they’re doing poorly. Combine those two with a hate bandwagon for CVs, and you get the CV blame meme. There’s pretty much nothing you can do about it short of curing world stupidity, and I’m afraid that one might be even farther off than world hunger at this point.

certainly not all of them :p

[A-D-F]
Members
1,082 posts
8,653 battles

Many folks may still (somewhat unconsciously) have old RTS style expectations of CV performance. 

Then again, the simpler & more consistent explanation is that online behavior hasn't changed. 

Many a minimally successful oxygen thief behaves badly on the web because they cannot conceive of a benefit to civil behavior.

"What we have here, is a failure to communicate."

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
9 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

Many folks may still (somewhat unconsciously) have old RTS style expectations of CV performance. 

Then again, the simpler & more consistent explanation is that online behavior hasn't changed. 

Many a minimally successful oxygen thief behaves badly on the web because they cannot conceive of a benefit to civil behavior.

naw, OP is pretty bad statistically with CVs.  It's more likely that he sucks and is getting called out for sucking.

[DDM_]
Members
1,552 posts
5,370 battles
50 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

Case in point..........

40 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

naw, OP is pretty bad statistically with CVs.  It's more likely that he sucks and is getting called out for sucking.