You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

How is everyone going with the Exeter marathon grind?

231 comments in this topic

[ONE]
Members
601 posts
9,474 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Stage 4/Part 1 is earn 7 Achievements. There are no Co-op Achievements so despite it saying it can be done in Co-op it can't. Pigeon_of_War already admitted to this - called it an "oversight".

These events include Co-op so that ALL of the player base can participate in the game fully. Not everyone plays Randoms. Many of us only play Co-op. Many requirements like Base XP and Credits are far easier in Randoms than Co-op so that goes both ways.

If they admitted the oversight then they should either update the wordings or change the requirements before it comes live. 

I play random but for this earn op, co-op mode is easier for certain requirements with all those target tugs.

[H_]
Members
1,251 posts
15 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You realize don't you part 2 of this event calls for IJN DD and Cruisers right?

What do you mean no AC in Co-op? Do you mean planes (Air Craft)? If so the 30 plane kills for part 1 can still be done there. Lots of Cruisers have fighters or spotters as do BB's. I did it in Co-op. It's not easy and it requires foolish and selfish play but it can be done. 

What do you mean no flooding to be had? I don't understand (seriously - please explain).

Actually you have to get to part 3 for the BRN BB's to play into it. Part 1 is BRN DD/Cruisers OR US DD/Cruisers. Part 2 as said above calls for IJN DD/Cruisers. Part 3 and Part 4 it's back to BRN DD/Cruisers with some of them allowing BRN BB. I mean it is an event for a BRN ship so I am surprised they actually allowed ships from other nations at all.

Yes, it is a British event !  And, I only own a mere three DD's....  Yes, AC is aircraft.  I appreciate your response and I am looking forward to another major event and pray, I have the ships to participate.....  The current one is aimed at players that use British ships.............and, the rest of us can be the targets for them.  There are a lot of threads about flooding changes.  Scarcity of AC also has been discussed.  Again, thanks

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
38 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Yes, it is a British event !  And, I only own a mere three DD's....  Yes, AC is aircraft.  I appreciate your response and I am looking forward to another major event and pray, I have the ships to participate.....  The current one is aimed at players that use British ships.............and, the rest of us can be the targets for them.  There are a lot of threads about flooding changes.  Scarcity of AC also has been discussed.  Again, thanks

Well, is one or more of your DD's qualified (ie; British or Commonwealth and of the right tier?). Do you have any US Cruisers or DD's in the right tiers? They can do the planes down too (I did mine in US Cruisers). You can still do it if so it just will be hard. You can do the planes in Co-op. You just have to farm them off Cruisers. I did that. You can get 2 a game on average. Flooding is still easy to get. The length was changed/nerfed but I didn't read anything about frequency being lessened? I had no problems doing the 10 floods. You said you want IJN events. This one is all IJN in Stage 2. You might not be able to finish it and get the Exeter 9I won't be able to because of the 7 Achievment part as I only play Co-op) but do what you can like I am and get what rewards you can farm. :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
56 minutes ago, dcr66 said:

If they admitted the oversight then they should either update the wordings or change the requirements before it comes live. 

I play random but for this earn op, co-op mode is easier for certain requirements with all those target tugs.

I agree. They had time and it was very easy to fix by either adding an optional task so 7 Achievements OR earn say 5K Base XP. They could also reinstate the 4 Goal Haul Award for the duration of Part 4 or do another temporary Co-op doable Achievement. They don't seem interested in doing the right thing.

Co-op will almost always be easier for the do X requirements if it can be done there. Randoms will always be easier for credit and XP tasks.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[LOVER]
Members
36 posts
1,103 battles
21 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

Just waiting for the next stages to come up.

The 30 plane kills stalled me for 2 or 3 days.  Finally started playing lots of T 8 to get the T 6,8,10 possibilities.

Just normal play time, usually in randoms.

Honestly PSA, if you wanna do the plane kills easy peasy, grab a Kidd... xD That thing is an AA beast and we all know CVs love to hunt dd's.....

[ARMDA]
Members
323 posts
2,518 battles

I'm concerned about the last stage. I suck at earning achievements, so I need to know what some of the easiest achievements to earn with tech tree UK ships are. I might have to free XP to the Iron Duke.

Edit: I would aim for First Bloods, Flesh Wounds, and Dev Strikes in my UK DD, but I'm not consistent. I'll also be unequipping my Juliet Charlie signal flag. I could also go for Fireproof with a UK BB.

Edited by destawaits
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,552 posts
19,390 battles
9 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I agree. They had time and it was very easy to fix by either adding an optional task so 7 Achievements OR earn say 5K Base XP. They could also reinstate the 4 Goal Haul Award for the duration of Part 4 or do another temporary Co-op doable Achievement. They don't seem interested in doing the right thing.

Co-op will almost always be easier for the do X requirements if it can be done there. Randoms will always be easier for credit and XP tasks.

Hey Thunder, do any of the current OPs missions give out any achievements like Dynamo did? I only played the ones currently available to get my five star wins and haven't bothered with them since..

[ARMDA]
Members
323 posts
2,518 battles
48 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Hey Thunder, do any of the current OPs missions give out any achievements like Dynamo did? I only played the ones currently available to get my five star wins and haven't bothered with them since..

None of the Exeter's Last Stand missions are completable in scenarios. Also, Dynamo is gone :(

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,552 posts
19,390 battles
30 minutes ago, destawaits said:

None of the Exeter's Last Stand missions are completable in scenarios. Also, Dynamo is gone :(

Ahh didn't know that Scenarios were excluded, haven't read that far ahead. Yeah I know Dynamo is gone, hence my question about the other OPs.  I do appreciate the answer though, thanks! 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,111 posts
5,524 battles
15 hours ago, Shaddow_Ghost said:

Honestly PSA, if you wanna do the plane kills easy peasy, grab a Kidd... xD

If they don't already own one and don't feel the need for one, it's probably just as easy and cheap for them to buy the Exeter!!!!

About 2/3 of the way through the Indianapolis Marathon last year, just before the weekend of a major plane-kill mission, a kind soul bought me an Atlanta (and a 10 point Azur Lane captain to put in it). The message was clear: use this to do the plane-kill mission and anything else it is optimal for.

The irony was that it cost him more to do this than to simply buy me an Indianapolis and let me walk away from the damn grind. But the Atlanta is an amazing ship, something of a Swiss Army knife, and has been useful for so much more since, I'm very glad he did it. (I repaid his generosity in equivalent value shortly after; I felt it was the least I could do.)

The Kidd, however, is more of a niche ship. Buying it just for one portion of a mission to get a cheaper ship is... IDK. Doesn't seem sensible to me, but YMMV.

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

No clue I have never played any of the Scenarios.

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

No clue I have never played any of the Scenarios.

Thunder are you really doing to deny yourself the OP Exeter over 7 little random achievements? The stage that just began is easy and so is the remainder of 4.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,111 posts
5,524 battles
5 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Thunder are you really doing to deny yourself the OP Exeter over 7 little random achievements?

Yes, he is - but if "No Randoms" is his hill to stand and die on, so be it.

FWIW I support his cause. Saying co-op was an available mode for that task was a stupid oversight on WG's part. They really do need to tighten up their act in this regard, especially when they go out of their way to advertise that the plane-kill missions in FSW are Randoms-only (when some of them could quite easily be farmed from scout and fighter planes in co-op, given persistence; what they really want you to do is shoot down X number of carrier-based aircraft, and if that's the case they should say that).

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles

Just did first part of 3rd stage in only 2 Coop missions with the DoY :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes, he is - but if "No Randoms" is his hill to stand and die on, so be it.

FWIW I support his cause. Saying co-op was an available mode for that task was a stupid oversight on WG's part. They really do need to tighten up their act in this regard, especially when they go out of their way to advertise that the plane-kill missions in FSW are Randoms-only (when some of them could quite easily be farmed from scout and fighter planes in co-op, given persistence; what they really want you to do is shoot down X number of carrier-based aircraft, and if that's the case they should say that).

Yes I agree. It was downright insulting too that they were also 'gateway' missions and a minor part of it. Very unfair and they should rectify it before the next stage begins.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,111 posts
5,524 battles
1 minute ago, Sumseaman said:

they should rectify it before the next stage begins.

They still have a week to reinstate the four-goal haul and make him a happy man. It would be a bastard to get seven of them, but if anyone can do it, he can.

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They still have a week to reinstate the four-goal haul and make him a happy man. It would be a bastard to get seven of them, but if anyone can do it, he can.

The mini-Krakens? Can you get those in Coop?

[ARGSY]
Members
8,111 posts
5,524 battles
1 minute ago, Sumseaman said:

The mini-Krakens? Can you get those in Coop?

You could, back during the Ovechkin event. That's why he wants it brought back for this.

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
36 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Thunder are you really doing to deny yourself the OP Exeter over 7 little random achievements? The stage that just began is easy and so is the remainder of 4.

I have Exeter already. Bought it to complete the special mission that needed Exeter and with the expectation I would earn the free one and get 4k doubloons back (silly me didn't read the fine print). But, yes, I am not going to play Randoms to try and get 7 Achievements to get it for free. There is NOTHING, and I truly mean that, WG could offer that would get me to play PVP least of all a mediocre T5 Premium or 4k doubloons. If it was earn 7 Achievements in PVP to get Missouri, and I didn't already have it, I STILL wouldn't do it.

I don't get why so many people can't understand that I dislike PVP immensely and have zero desire to play it? I am not being a jerk about it with you either. Just discussing. Why is it so hard to understand I don't like PVP and thus won't play it? I tried, many times over extended periods, with returns to Co-op in between. Every time I tried to go back within 5 or 6 games I was right back to Co-op because of how much I hated the mode and how people act there. I have given up. It is not a place for me so nothing will make me go back there. Just how it is.

I don't look at it is denying myself Exeter. I look at it as avoiding something I find distasteful where I am supposed to be having fun.

.:Smile_honoring:

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
16 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have Exeter already. Bought it to complete the special mission that needed Exeter and with the expectation I would earn the free one and get 4k doubloons back (silly me didn't read the fine print). But, yes, I am not going to play Randoms to try and get 7 Achievements to get it for free. There is NOTHING, and I truly mean that, WG could offer that would get me to play PVP least of all a mediocre T5 Premium or 4k doubloons. If it was earn 7 Achievements in PVP to get Missouri, and I didn't already have it, I STILL wouldn't do it.

I don't get why so many people can't understand that I dislike PVP immensely and have zero desire to play it? I am not being a jerk about it with you either. Just discussing. Why is it so hard to understand I don't like PVP and thus won't play it? I tried, many times over extended periods, with returns to Co-op in between. Every time I tried to go back within 5 or 6 games I was right back to Co-op because of how much I hated the mode and how people act there. I have given up. It is not a place for me so nothing will make me go back there. Just how it is.

I don't look at it is denying myself Exeter. I look at it as avoiding something I find distasteful where I am supposed to be having fun.

.:Smile_honoring:

Oh well at least you have it then. I certainly can't argue with you about how some players behave in randoms. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Sumseaman

[ARGSY]
Members
8,111 posts
5,524 battles
50 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

If it was earn 7 Achievements in PVP to get Missouri, and I didn't already have it, I STILL wouldn't do it.

Now that's true dedication. 

[DPG]
Members
1,117 posts
5,444 battles
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

Just did first part of 3rd stage in only 2 Coop missions with the DoY :Smile_veryhappy:

Must not have had any DDs in your battles.  "Oh hey Mr. Nearly full health BB that my teammate Nelson over here is clearly farming fire damage on, let me just yolo charge your face hole and unload every single torp I have, had and will have for the next 30 battles, tee hee hee."

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
355 posts
2,798 battles
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

Oh well at least you have it then. I certainly can't argue with you about how some players behave in randoms. :Smile_honoring:

At least for me, it's about time usage.  PvE games are a whole lot more efficient.   With my luck in Randoms, I put in the same amount of effort, use twice as much time, lose, and end up getting the same pay/ XP as a co-op game.  And, to top it off, I end up feeling terrible afterwards and lose all interest in playing for the rest of the evening. On the other hand,  I can do PvE games all day, or at least, until I'm physically exhausted.  Plus, there's little to no trolling.

On topic:   I just straight up bought the thing.  Don't know why, really.  Hardly do anything at Tier V except drive Texas  or Hiei--err-Kongo   nowadays.

Edited by Ann_Darrow

[ARGSY]
Members
8,111 posts
5,524 battles
5 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Must not have had any DDs in your battles.  "Oh hey Mr. Nearly full health BB that my teammate Nelson over here is clearly farming fire damage on, let me just yolo charge your face hole and unload every single torp I have, had and will have for the next 30 battles, tee hee hee."

Yeah, there is that. A lot of the time if I say "Let him burn/flood" so I can farm damage or a Flesh Wound medal, most players will comply and hold their fire unless the enemy ship is directly threatening them.

A few silly twits will answer by immediately sinking the ship in question when it's on single-figure HP, and they can all go to a Hell where an original stock Izumo will be provided for them to play against a team of IFHE Harugumos forever.

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
4 hours ago, Amenhir said:

IKR!!!

I don't think I have ever been so frustrated as I have been with this 100k fire damage task. Every dang time I set a ship on fire a DD ran in and torped it for like 5 games in a row. I had b2b games where I had 5 fires in 1 and 7 the other but got a total less than 100 fire damage among all that. Time after time almost instantly upon setting a fire a DD torped it. Never felt the urge to TK before but did a lot today. LOL.

The 3 and 4 DD per game problem in Co-op is made worse in times like this as they take so much of the damage possible off the table so fast. 

I got it done but it was miserable doing it. Fire ribbons I think are a better task requirement than fire damage.

Edited by AdmiralThunder