You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

How is everyone going with the Exeter marathon grind?

231 comments in this topic

Members
389 posts
5,262 battles

Stuck doing all of Stage 2 with Mutsuki, the only IJN DD/CA I have in port right now.    ;-)

I do have Shiratsuyu/Fubuki/Myoko researched, just need to clear some space in the port...

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,411 posts
13,962 battles

Who is actually paying attention to a ship that no one will ever play? I may have it and don't know it.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,595 posts
20,174 battles

On track, waiting for the next missions.

[HINON]
Members
2,680 posts
19,792 battles

What Exeter marathon? 

[HYDRO]
Members
2,252 posts
4,211 battles

.Haven't played at all since the marathon started and won't be able to until next week. May try a mad dash to get all the stages done in 10 days or so.

[WOLFC]
Members
772 posts
7,370 battles

Finished Stage 2 fairly easily with Myoko and Shiratsuyu. 

The only task I had to focus on so far was Stage 1, Part 1 ... was surprised to see how fast a Leander can knock down planes ... got 6 in one CoOp game.

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

.Haven't played at all since the marathon started and won't be able to until next week. May try a mad dash to get all the stages done in 10 days or so.

Go hard! :Smile_izmena:

[ARMDA]
Members
323 posts
2,518 battles

I finished the first two stages rather quickly; it wasn't that hard either. I was lucky 22 planes came for my Cleveland instead of someone else. I also fell in love with ARP Takao again during the second stage.

I'm now waiting for the next stage to commence, which is going to start tomorrow evening for me (what a perfect time).

Edited by destawaits

Members
855 posts
5,273 battles
4 hours ago, Phil_Swift_With_Flextape said:

I decided to grind IRL and just buy Exeter. I was low on the signals in the bundle so I thought "why not".

That said, I am still chipping away at the missions, getting a copy of Exeter would be nice for the doubloons.

I did for the same reason, after playing it...…. I personally don't think the grind is worth the effort.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,887 posts
12,189 battles

Finished up stage 2 on my alt account, so that's 3 accounts total completely caught up.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,507 posts
924 battles

Haven't even started the 2nd chain.  Only have 1 ship that qualifies, the Aoba, and I'm not all that fond of playing her.

[ARMDA]
Members
323 posts
2,518 battles

Ths grind is relatively easy. Most of the objectives are all easily achievable in co-op.

Or... I guess it depends on what ships you have available. The fourth stage will be difficult for me as I don't have a suitable UK BB.

Edited by destawaits

[-GDP-]
2,591 posts
1,097 battles

Its cheap compared to doing the grind, I mean where am I suppose to shot down planes in Co-op with no bot CV. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,887 posts
12,189 battles
20 minutes ago, destawaits said:

Ths grind is relatively easy. Most of the objectives are all easily achievable in co-op.

Or... I guess it depends on what ships you have available. The fourth stage will be difficult for me as I don't have a suitable UK BB.

On my alt account, I did stage 2 with ARP Ashigara and ARP Takao.  On my main account it was easier, Kamikaze R for torp hits (with some Shinonome thrown in for good measure) and my 4 ARP Myoko clones for everything else.  EU...that was hard.  I didn't have any IJN ships, so I ground out the Furutaka and Aoba.  The cap defense was hard, I kept getting standard battles over and over.  Floods/Fires was easy in co-op.  Also, since the buff...Furutaka is legit overpowered.

[ARMDA]
Members
323 posts
2,518 battles
14 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

On my alt account, I did stage 2 with ARP Ashigara and ARP Takao.  On my main account it was easier, Kamikaze R for torp hits (with some Shinonome thrown in for good measure) and my 4 ARP Myoko clones for everything else.  EU...that was hard.  I didn't have any IJN ships, so I ground out the Furutaka and Aoba.  The cap defense was hard, I kept getting standard battles over and over.  Floods/Fires was easy in co-op.  Also, since the buff...Furutaka is legit overpowered.

I had fun torpedoing BBs point-blank-range with Furutaka in Co-op. The ARP ships made the XP mission a whole lot easier. I eventually had to use free XP to buy Minekaze to get the flooding part of the mission finished more quickly, though.

Edited by destawaits

[O_O]
Members
4,843 posts
10,659 battles

All done and waiting for the next set of missions.  I don't find the missions to be all that tedious...although finding planes to shoot down took a bit of doing.  Then, when I only needed a few more, I had a monster game in AA-spec Nicholas and shot down a few dozen.

I'm playing anyway...may as well get a free ship while I'm at it! :Smile_medal:

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
448 posts
11,294 battles

Mostly pretty easy but getting out a few ships that I haven't played in a while was a bit challenging. 

locator-meme.jpg

For me it was much easier and quicker to do in randoms. For those next achievement requirements I'm just going to take out my German BBs and start brawling. I'll either end up with devastating strikes, dreadnoughts, fireproof, close quarters, etc. It's a shame scenarios don't count since you can farm awards there too. 

Members
1,245 posts
8,657 battles
11 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

For those next achievement requirements I'm just going to take out my German BBs and start brawling. I'll either end up with devastating strikes, dreadnoughts, fireproof, close quarters, etc.

The mission that requires 7 achievements must be done in a British ship between tier 6 and 8, so German BB's are not an option.

Members
1,397 posts
47 battles

I finished Week 2 missions last weekend in my Asia account. I can't be bothered grinding it in this account.

Members
2,844 posts
3,092 battles

Most of the work was done with Fubuki and Hatsuharu on my end. Starting a few fires with Mogami helped.  

[ES]
Members
245 posts
15,761 battles

Done for now waiting for the next set, BTW I have the ship and I do like playing it.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
2,157 posts
4,372 battles

I got the bundle, but I'm helping a friend grind for her too. We're working on part two right now, ship of choice: Furutaka. Mostly because it's the only Japanese ship he has that qualifies. He's enjoying it a lot though.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,111 posts
5,524 battles

On track - Air missions in Part 1 were partly fulfilled in Randoms (a loss, but a hard-fought one, in my Baltimore), and Japanese-ship missions were all done on the last day of my rec leave.

I'm going to start in co-op and consider moving to Randoms for the 100K fire damage; lighting fires on bots is no problem, but the issue can be lighting the second one for ongoing damage whilst human BB captains commonly let the first one burn out. This may actually turn out to be harder than we think it will. Anyone who turned their nose up in spite at British battleships and destroyers (and who does not have Belfast) is going to be made to rue the day.

I think the Nelson is going to get a lot of use with my 19 pointer on board, and probably the Cossack and Gallant as well. ECXP mining FTW!!! When he's out of port, my dedicated BB captain (Jack Dunkirk) can flip between Warspite and Monarch (and Nelson if the 19 pointer is 'in battle' with one of the destroyers).

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
1,088 posts
8,359 battles

the planes

I can't find any planes in the Tier range required, yet I get them by the dozens when I'm in the wrong ship type/tier.

[WOLFC]
Members
279 posts
16,356 battles

The plane kill mission took me the most time to complete. I got the planes in I think 3 battles but it took a while to find 3 battles with carriers in them that were willing to send me significant numbers of planes to shoot down.

I've finished the first 2 stages doing mostly Co-op with Randoms to get the plane kills and the base xp. Waiting for the next stage now.