You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

How is everyone going with the Exeter marathon grind?

231 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles

Personally I have finally finished all parts of the second stage, thanks largely to the filth that is the Kamikaze (very helpful for pooping out 8k base xp). I tried to keep the remainder to coop but simply kept getting standard battles so could never cap nor defend. Many seals suffered. :Smile_hiding:

The next stage appears to be the easiest though it seems cruisers won't be useful for the first.

The final will of course force people into random grinds getting achievements any way they know how.

Is this all too much for many? 

• Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
772 posts
6,827 battles

It doesn’t even matter until stage 4 where I get 1 achievement every 10-12 games.

Tge rest is just a matter of play some games.

Members
2,575 posts
3,565 battles
6 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Personally I have finally finished all parts of the second stage, thanks largely to the filth that is the Kamikaze (very helpful for pooping out 8k base xp). I tried to keep the remainder to coop but simply kept getting standard battles so could never cap nor defend. Many seals suffered. :Smile_hiding:

The next stage appears to be the easiest though it seems cruisers won't be useful for the first.

The final will of course force people into random grinds getting achievements any way they know how.

Is this all too much for many? 

Just started second stage, which I'll be rolling Kamikaze out for.

Beta Testers
271 posts
6,379 battles

weird Mogami games, tier 10 games and many losses. I have obtained some top of team results in these losses with bottom tier ship. I wonder if Myoko might be better for this or DD play?

Members
1,553 posts
13,246 battles

Have a few more flooding ribbons to go, no real issues - stage 4 when we get there will be a bit more of a test and one week to get them done...

[H_]
Members
1,251 posts

I only have British DD from an earlier event........  So, there's no AC in COOP.   There's no flooding to be had.  With AA as low as 9, what's the point?  It was designed for players with British CA's and BB's.....

There will be another one later down the road.  And, one day, MAYBE, an event centered around IJN ships..........  (No !  That can not be !)

[LRM]
Members
2,791 posts
5,572 battles

I decided to grind IRL and just buy Exeter. I was low on the signals in the bundle so I thought "why not".

That said, I am still chipping away at the missions, getting a copy of Exeter would be nice for the doubloons.

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles

Third part is easy to farm in coop. It took me forever to get the caps/defend though. Final game I just tried a coop and due to spawn and high bot count I manage to get 11 defends in that one match when I only needed one! :Smile_facepalm: 

Tip I can offer for that second stage is wait for serious off peak times where you might get a near 100% bot match. Easy from there.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,288 posts
10,477 battles

Finished over the weekend.

[WOLFA]
Members
603 posts
3,755 battles

Could care less. It's way to much grinding for a tier V ship which at the end of the day is what WG wants.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,686 posts
8,169 battles

I'm partway through the second stage.  Using Co-Op where possible to do some of the missions takes a lot of the grind out of it.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,419 posts
28,384 battles

I'm still on the first part of stage 1 (shoot down 20 aircraft).  But I'm not trying to complete this event.

[TBOW]
Members
1,214 posts
11,391 battles

I bought the ship, the doubs will help pay for the permacamo for the T10 Brit CV

[LEGIT]
Members
1,489 posts
23,042 battles

Just waiting for the next stages to come up.

The 30 plane kills stalled me for 2 or 3 days.  Finally started playing lots of T 8 to get the T 6,8,10 possibilities.

Just normal play time, usually in randoms.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,887 posts
12,189 battles
31 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Havent started it, am I too late?

Nope, you can still start.

I've completed stages 1 and 2 on my prime and EU accounts.  I am in stage two, part two on my alt account.

• Cool 1

Members
1,381 posts
8,755 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

Nope, you can still start.

I've completed stages 1 and 2 on my prime and EU accounts.  I am in stage two, part two on my alt account.

Sweet, thanks Crzyhawk. Didnt really look at the dates on the missions. Have no real obligations this weekened, might try to see what I can get done.

Beta Testers
1,493 posts
7,345 battles
27 minutes ago, verkhne said:

weird Mogami games, tier 10 games and many losses. I have obtained some top of team results in these losses with bottom tier ship. I wonder if Myoko might be better for this or DD play?

I found Myoko to be quite excellent.  Not only is she stronger than Mogami for tier, the enemies she faces have lower fire resistance, and the smaller maps and engagement ranges mean you can use your torps while kiting more often.  The cramped maps also mean defense points are much easier to come by, and it's easier to swing into a cap when it's about to be taken.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,091 posts
9,532 battles

I'm still at the shoot down planes part. I only have Atlanta to do this mission and MM doesn't put me with CV. And if MM even puts me with CV, who would attack an Atlanta in his CV. Maybe Saipan but that's it

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,887 posts
12,189 battles
19 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Sweet, thanks Crzyhawk. Didnt really look at the dates on the missions. Have no real obligations this weekened, might try to see what I can get done.

I hadn't looked either, I started the alt account on Monday, because I really didn't have anything else to do.  I like having goals when I play, and the missions make it convenient.

[RLGN]
Members
9,442 posts
18,870 battles

Working on second stage; but having little faith in my being able to do 4-1 means I already cheated and just got one.

Like it so far; good first game, if unspectacular, so good first impression.

[1STBG]
Members
1,163 posts
4,993 battles
56 minutes ago, galspanic said:

It doesn’t even matter until stage 4 where I get 1 achievement every 10-12 games.

Tge rest is just a matter of play some games.

Yeah that's going to suck. Hopefully can grind dreadnaughts and fireproofs with the Nelson . Have to survive though. Maybe can get some arsonists. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,552 posts
19,390 battles

I am all done with the first two stages and am hopeful that changes have been made to the last leg so co-op players have a path to the reward ship. If no changes are made, I plan on taking out of my Omaha classes or a DD into PvP and farm detonations and first kills. Getting 7 achievements will be a bit of a chore and the idea of having to play PvP repulses me almost as much as going into the mode with the intent of getting detonated. I expect my karma to take a big hit trying to get this done but luckily it is meaningless.