You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LoveBote

Brilliantly funny Wargaming, so clever, genius! Wait, it's not April 1st already is it?

115 comments in this topic

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,850 posts
9,171 battles

image.thumb.png.1707ec2a86200faf1095b537d325a531.png

Spoiler

(on a side note I am pleased they are now using the term "exchange" rather than "refund", and so I guess, someone in NA accounting bought St Petersburg a dictionary.)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 3

[WOLF7]
Members
12,312 posts

So, the great premium nerf begins! :Smile_teethhappy:

Kamikaze and clones to tier 6? Payfast to tier 8? Kutzy loses smoke? :cap_look:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
124 posts
5,467 battles

What's even worse is that the dev blog showing this also says that they are satisfied with the other premium CV's and no changes will be made to them.

Kaga, Saipan, Enterprise, all going to be as is when put back on sale. As someone who has them, I'd say to avoiding buying.

source

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
7,646 posts
12,538 battles
13 minutes ago, Fog_Cruiser_Nurnberg said:

Kaga, Saipan, Enterprise, all going to be as is when put back on sale. As someone who has them, I'd say to avoiding buying.

Are they really that bad now?

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,850 posts
9,171 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

bad is a relative term.

lacking the random battle influence potential of any other tier 8 ship class (dds, cls, cas and bbs), yes they are that bad. I'd go so far as to say, they are part and parcel of the recent decline in the quality of random battles.

[-K-]
Members
7,646 posts
12,538 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

bad is a relative term.

lacking the random battle influence potential of any other tier 8 ship class (dds, cls, cas and bbs), yes they are that bad.

The premiums, or are you referring to CVs in general?

[KWF]
Members
3,805 posts
5,502 battles
25 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Reveal hidden contents

(on a side note I am pleased they are now using the term "exchange" rather than "refund", and so I guess, someone in NA accounting bought St Petersburg a dictionary.)

EXCHANGE NOW OR ELSE. As it's been pointed out, while premium CVs are finalized AA balance isn't mentioned anywhere as finished, the actual CV-surface ship balance is still in flux.

I'm starting to dislike myself for almost assuming automatically the worst when it comes to various WG news but that's what it feels like.

Edited by warheart1992

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,251 posts
14,922 battles

Captains,

All CVs are pending up until the finalisation of the CV Rework which is hoped to be completely finished in balancing by 8.4

At this stage you are welcome to exchange the GZ for its original doubloon value via the inventory. We have been very open with the fact CV balancing is still WIP.

Fem,

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[KWF]
Members
3,805 posts
5,502 battles
5 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Captains,

All CVs are pending up until the finalisation of the CV Rework which is hoped to be completely finished in balancing by 8.4

At this stage you are welcome to exchange the GZ for its original doubloon value via the inventory. We have been very open with the fact CV balancing is still WIP.

Fem,

Isn't this contradictory with other news however that were posted today? From a Dev post earlier today it was mentioned how the premium CVs were considered finalized.

The total damage output of Graf Zeppelin is still very high. To keep the special features of GZ's attack planes and dive bombers and balance the total amount of damage this CV can inflict, the damage of torpedoes is lowered from 5500 to 4533. This change will be live at 14:00 UTC on 13.03.19

It's not planned to make further changes to the parameters of Graf Zeppelin, Saipan, Kaga and Enterprise. We consider their balancing finished. We also would like to remind you that you can exchange your CVs in the Inventory section before the time to do this expires with 0.8.2

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,832 posts
17,627 battles
28 minutes ago, Fog_Cruiser_Nurnberg said:

What's even worse is that the dev blog showing this also says that they are satisfied with the other premium CV's and no changes will be made to them.

source

Here's the problem if you already have them - you don't ever want to get one again in an Xmas crate or otherwise :)

If you sell them - you don't ever want them to fix them and resell them forcing you to buy the same thing twice!

Well played WG - Well played

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,382 posts
Just now, warheart1992 said:

"It's not planned to make further changes to the parameters of Graf Zeppelin, Saipan, Kaga and Enterprise. We consider their balancing finished. We also would like to remind you that you can exchange your CVs in the Inventory section before the time to do this expires with 0.8.2"

that doesn't preclude them making further changes per se, just that they are not expecting too at this time, which can change.

[KWF]
Members
3,805 posts
5,502 battles
Just now, b101uk said:

that doesn't preclude them making further changes per se, just that they are not expecting too at this time, which can change.

The way I read this, and of course I could be wrong is that they are done with the balancing of the premium CVs. Of course, due to changes in AA for example the balance will shift indirectly. However, by being urged to exchange the CVs before these changes are applied, you aren't really  making an informed decision.

[WOLFG]
Members
7,809 posts
5,894 battles
2 minutes ago, b101uk said:

And also clears the way for placement in the Arsenal.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,251 posts
14,922 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Isn't this contradictory with other news however that were posted today? From a Dev post earlier today it was mentioned how the premium CVs were considered finalized.

The total damage output of Graf Zeppelin is still very high. To keep the special features of GZ's attack planes and dive bombers and balance the total amount of damage this CV can inflict, the damage of torpedoes is lowered from 5500 to 4533. This change will be live at 14:00 UTC on 13.03.19

It's not planned to make further changes to the parameters of Graf Zeppelin, Saipan, Kaga and Enterprise. We consider their balancing finished. We also would like to remind you that you can exchange your CVs in the Inventory section before the time to do this expires with 0.8.2

Thank you for pointing this out, I may not have been clear with what I communicated. 

Wide scale changes MAY (not saying they are) occur to CVs as a whole in terms of mechanics IF (again, not saying it will) it is deemed required. 

After the change to the GZ torpedoes, we feel that premium CVs will be in a solid state where we have no additional planned changes.

The main point I was trying to communicate was that the GZ (or premium CVs in general) were liable to change with the CV rework, and we had stated that from before 8.0 was released.

Fem, 

• Cool 3

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,850 posts
9,171 battles
21 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Captains,

Fem,

I beg to differ. Open, but not consistent, or even handed. Contradictory at times too, the Facebook devblog contradicting forum announcements, for example. Or hotfixes targeting, (every single damned hotfix), the same premium CV with more nerfs. You know this, I know this, we know this, let's not kid ourselves about what is going on. Or the fact that the exchange offer ends this month with 0.8.2 (and significant changes to AA, after the "exchange" offer expires, yet the rework and balancing changes which affect CVs, will go on until 0.8.4. I can't help but feel as though we are caught in some twisted and perverse experiment to see how much [nonsense] players can take.

But please do forgive us for ranting and raging, which I hope is understandable, given the circumstances, (and the somewhat insulting/derisory offer of doublons). But I also feel sorry for those tasked by WG with handling the hot coals of community disquiet.

• Cool 8

[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
565 posts
16,171 battles
4 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

After the change to the GZ torpedoes, we feel that premium CVs will be in a solid state where we have no additional planned changes.

O rly...

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/185880-working-as-intended/

Tell me how this is balanced?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,850 posts
9,171 battles
24 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

The premiums, or are you referring to CVs in general?

tier 8 CVs, premium and tech tree, speaking from personal experience. I have not played enough with the other tiers to be sure that statement is true (I feel it is, but fewer than a dozen battles at tier 4 is hardly extensive proof..)

[P-V-E]
Members
1,382 posts
1 minute ago, AbyssAngkor said:

27 of the aircraft you shot down were patrol fighters from consumables, only 34 were aircraft attacking your CV, the 27 patrol fighters were diluting the effectiveness of your AA and any patrol fighters you launched.

• Cool 1

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
46 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Sort of depends but speaking for the kaga. Yes, she can do pretty well top tier. I suppose some people even manage to do well in T10 games, from her stats.

But if you ask me, taking the lowest HP T8 planes in the game (and they aren't fast to make up for it; in fact they're rather slow) against mino/wooster/henri/etc AA is an exercise in masochism. Some people apparently do eek out enough damage to get by, but IMO it's definitely not fun. It also kind of annoys me that 2 torp hits with Shoukaku is stronger than 3 torp hits from Kaga.

People will love you for letting them get their plane kill missions done easily, though.

~

Now all that said, Kaga will probably benefit a lot from the overlapping AA nerf. Whenever that happens. So I'm still holding out a bit of hope I can come to like her...

[CAST]
Members
4,862 posts
3,407 battles

First off, they are not 'nerfing premiums'. All the premium carriers are considered Work In Progress since everything about them changed with the CV rework. So they have to be rebalanced. This is NOT another Giulio Cesare concern.

As for GZ ... since the rework, not only is she leading the pack on win rate, but her average damage is *noticeably* higher than every other tier 8 carrier other than the also Work In Progress ship Implacable. And the only reason that's strong is because the only people who have that ship are the CCs and those members of the community who have managed to grind out the crowns and florins faster than everyone else. And if that ship is too strong, it too will get nerfed.

So yes, at tier 8, GZ is indeed overperforming compared to the other carriers.

That being said, ALL tier 8 carriers are still suffering in their damage numbers compared to battleships, which goes against Wargaming's intent of making them more or less even. And that's because of several concerns with AA that they are supposed to address at some point, hopefully soon.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[LANCE]
Members
563 posts
4,954 battles

I have the Saipan and Kaga and am “dabbling” with the CV’s for counter-play purposes and to give it a try (was horrible at RTS once the straffing mechanic was added and not great before).

The Saipan is ok ... as in that it can perform if up-tiered although like most other CV’s struggles a little for dmg. The Saipan can function at tier 10 although it’s certainly not the shining light or fighter terror it once was meaning it lost its uniqueness (gimmick).

The Kaga on the other hand, while still fairly strong (relatively speaking) as top tier, when up tiered it’s simply chum in a shark pool! Uniqueness/gimmick of the Kaga was its massive hangar ... something it has kept BUT all that means when bottom tier is MORE chum for the shark pool. I hope they’ll take another look at the Kaga before labeling it as “satisfactorly performing”.

Ill admit that I am usually happy if there aren’t any CV’s in the match I’m playing but there are those that worked hard to grind out their CV’s and the games not just for me.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,850 posts
9,171 battles
8 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

First off, they are not 'nerfing premiums'. All the premium carriers are considered Work In Progress since everything about them changed with the CV rework. So they have to be rebalanced. This is NOT another Giulio Cesare concern.

As for GZ ... since the rework, not only is she leading the pack on win rate, but her average damage is *noticeably* higher than every other tier 8 carrier other than the also Work In Progress ship Implacable. And the only reason that's strong is because the only people who have that ship are the CCs and those members of the community who have managed to grind out the crowns and florins faster than everyone else. And if that ship is too strong, it too will get nerfed.

So yes, at tier 8, GZ is indeed overperforming compared to the other carriers.

That being said, ALL tier 8 carriers are still suffering in their damage numbers compared to battleships, which goes against Wargaming's intent of making them more or less even. And that's because of several concerns with AA that they are supposed to address at some point, hopefully soon.

a) Kaga, Graf Zep, Enterprise and Saipan, are all premium ships.

b) they have all been nerfed, collectively (hotfix 0.8.0.1), since the rework was launched (the rework was itself, an almighty nerf to CV influence on the game)

c) 2 cv premiums have been nerfed, individually (in contradiction with what was stated on the devblog)

d) all ships are WIP nowadays, including Giulio Cesare and Black Swan, but a nerf, is still, a nerf.

Must we say this all over again or are we to believe the earth is the centre of the universe and that our planet is flat carried on the back of a tortoise flanked by 4 charming, yodelling angels in lederhausen?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,509 posts
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

Reveal hidden contents

1 hour ago, awiggin said:

So, the great premium nerf begins! :Smile_teethhappy:

Kamikaze and clones to tier 6? Payfast to tier 8? Kutzy loses smoke? :cap_look:

48 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Captains,

Fem,

Just One More Set of Reasons Amongst Many Others  why from Henceforth Spending Real Life Money In or On Any  of WG's  Enterprises is a Very Bad Idea  NTY  WG:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[SIM]
Members
1,633 posts

WG  stop nerfing premium ships. You are messing with people whom have supported you for years. Do you really want to tell them all to just [edited] off now.

• Cool 5