Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CharlesBB55

Semi-premium status for tree ships

6 comments in this topic

[WLDD]
Members
119 posts
5,944 battles

It would be neat if there was a method to remove commander retraining costs for a tech tree ship.  We already have permacamos, so this would be permaflag quarters.

For example...I’d love to be able to use my Gearing captain in my fletcher and my Montana captain in my NC.  My Cleveland would get more play with my Wooster captain available for her...as would my Fiji with my Mino captain.  Ranked season would see more tech tree ships since the barrier to sailing non-premium ships is reduced.

As the game is now, we can use doubloons, elite cmd Xp, or FxP to do this, but we must pay every time.  How about either the ability to purchase or make it available to reward players...the ability to give a ship the same no-retrain captain perk that premiums enjoy.

It could be another use for materials such as molybdenum, steel, and/or coal, or something purchasable by doubloons like permacamos.  It could be a reward in game, whether from playing a specific game mode (it would be most useful for ranked I believe) or completing missions.  If tied to specific game modes, it provides additional incentive for the player who has everything (e.g. reaching rank X in ranked earns 1 permaflag quarter and rank 1 ears an additional permaflag quarter).  Perhaps it could be purchaseable for FxP.  Cost could be scaled by tier.

Permacamo + this permaflag quarters would largely convert a tech tree ship into a premium ship.

Edited by CharlesBB55
  • Cool 1

Supertester
2,988 posts
4,104 battles

I know they did that in wot blitz. The price was absurd (about equal to a premium tank of equal tier and then some). Its a cheeky cash grab, but it really does help out those who love their tech tree ships. In WoT I exclusivley play the Hellcat and would be thrilled if something like that was there. Especially with crew skills being so valuable there. 

Here, I wouldnt use it, but I'm not against it either!

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
18 minutes ago, CharlesBB55 said:

It would be neat if there was a method to remove commander retraining costs for a tech tree ship.  We already have permacamos, so this would be permaflag quarters.

I would love a 'strangifier' (TF2 thing, turned a 'regular' weapon into a special, kill tracking version) that you could buy to make a tree ship, 'premium' (no retraining, comes with a permanent camo, take or leave the economic bonuses). Even if it cost as much as a same-tier premium, I'd do it for a number of ships.

Edited by _RC1138

[ARGSY]
Members
16,476 posts
11,306 battles

The problem I see with this is that it also potentially lowers the barrier to people putting 19 pointers in their Clemsons etc. and brutalizing newcomers in slow T3 and T4 battleships. Sure, if you have enough elite captain XP or you've played that damn many games in the Clemson you can do it anyway... but I'd rather that sort of thing were harder rather than easier.

Beta Testers
159 posts
5,899 battles

Agreed, buying/winning a permacamo for a certain ship should give it the ability to place captains on them for free. It would help a lot with encouraging people to play lower tiers in non-premiums. 

• Cool 1

[K0]
Members
1,750 posts
7,514 battles

I'd love a premium-ifier for tech tree ships. It could cost like twice the cost of perma-camo and I'd still do it.

Sign in to follow this