Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hull__Balsey

CV Advice

15 comments in this topic

[OBB]
[OBB]
Members
74 posts
5,423 battles

I have a Lexington and the T4-T6 UK CV's. Im not a fan of the rework,, but im looking to play them a little more for a change of pace. Wondering how cv players have their captains skills set up. Advice, Screenshots, whatever. Thanks

[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
5,128 battles
1 minute ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

OYwRd6o.png

Might drop sight stablization when 8.2 comes. Depending on the CV, you might want torp acceleration.

same

[P-V-E]
Members
1,382 posts

first 10pts for the tier VI furious (and Implacable)

WoWsCVcomPts.thumb.jpg.fa7219f1f0b3e3a119ee81662956dcb8.jpg

after the first 10pts I went for concealment expert next (my furious and implacable commanders are swapped, as I spent some EXP on the furious commander to get them up to 14pts, so he is in Implacable)

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,956 posts
4,343 battles
26 minutes ago, Hull__Balsey said:

I have a Lexington and the T4-T6 UK CV's. Im not a fan of the rework,, but im looking to play them a little more for a change of pace. Wondering how cv players have their captains skills set up. Advice, Screenshots, whatever. Thanks

I do not have my captain skills , but basically I play full durability on my Lexington. 

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,705 posts
13,855 battles

According to so many threads about the CV, the only advice I can give you is don't play them

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
4,862 posts
3,402 battles

This is the build I'm going for on my USN CV captain. So far he's 17 points, so I don't currently have torp acceleration. British torps are a bit more reliable if I am not mistaken, so you might not need TA. If that's the case, then drops those two points on Improved Engine Boost and ... not sure. Air Supremacy gives a 2.5% boost to refresh, which doesn't seem especially major at first glance. The other possibility is Direction Center for Fighters which would add an additional fighter whenever you use the consumable. I have not personally tried it, so I don't know how effective it is. It just *seems* more effective to me.

image.png.fa5f1b7359dd4f52f0f1dd4a71381891.png

[NUWES]
Members
2,762 posts
8,876 battles
1 hour ago, Cobraclutch said:

I do not have my captain skills , but basically I play full durability on my Lexington. 

I use this as well for all my CVs so far.

[S-N-D]
Members
3,224 posts
7,621 battles
10 hours ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

OYwRd6o.png

Might drop sight stablization when 8.2 comes. Depending on the CV, you might want torp acceleration.

This. Though I am currently trying torp acceleration for tier 2. I'm not sold on it however as you have slightly longer arming distance and I'm not seeing any noticeably better hit ratio. 

Don't drop stabilization. There is nothing better unless you want to stick within the fleet and provide AA.

Edited by _Caliph_

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
6 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

Don't drop stabilization. There is nothing better unless you want to stick within the fleet and provide AA.

Yes, that's kind of my other thought. There's not a lot that's worthwhile.

It's a shame superintendent doesn't work for carriers, otherwise it might be worth considering.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,069 posts
5,589 battles

What about DE for a dive bomb focused CV's with HE bombs? Would that be an option worth considering? Just curious.

[S-N-D]
Members
3,224 posts
7,621 battles
1 minute ago, Blorgh2017 said:

What about DE for a dive bomb focused CV's with HE bombs? Would that be an option worth considering? Just curious.

For a HE Bomb equipped CV, yes. For just rockets, no. You do pay a price for it though. Either hit points, armor, stealth or accuracy.

Edited by _Caliph_

[SFOR]
Members
995 posts
7,846 battles
11 hours ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

OYwRd6o.png

Ok look at the image above . You will see a good setup. I am going to  tell you what would be the difference  between nattions IMO

-You will want  TA in the american and british but not in the japanese. The reason why not in the japanese is the torps are already very fast and TA increase the arming distance.

- You will want SS in the american carriers because you will use a lot the DB .

- You will want DE in the british carriers at higher tiers

11 hours ago, Hull__Balsey said:

Sign in to follow this