Seaman_Rookie

Request: Extend Inventory for Premium CVs through update 0.8.4

12 comments in this topic

[STW-D]
Members
232 posts

Background:

We had the CV rework in update 0.8.0.  Since then, there has been a special category in the "Inventory" tab to sell tech tree CVs for credits and free xp, as well as premium CVs for doubloons.  The stated purpose of this Inventory category was to allow players who researched RTS CVs, or purchased RTS premium CVs, to get some compensation if they did not like the CV rework.  This inventory category is scheduled to end on 3/27/19.

Wargaming has also stated that the CV rebalance is ongoing, and will continue to update 0.8.4 -- first with CVs and other ships in general, and then balancing for more specific ships afterwards.  Update 0.8.4, and the final balancing of the CV rework, is probably scheduled for late May or June of 2019.

The Problem:

I have the premium CV Saipan.  (and other players have the Kaga and Graf Zeppelin).  As it currently stands, I need to decide by March 27th if I want to keep, or trade in, my Saipan based on what these CV's balance might be come June 2019.  (I'd like to keep it, but with it's current setup it's junk IMO and I'd never play it -- so maybe I should get rid of it?)

My Request:

Extend the option in Inventory to trade in your premium CVs for doubloon through their final balancing / update 0.8.4.  That way, I can make a decision about my Saipan based on what it actually is post-balance rather than what it is now.  (The tech tree CV for free XP and credits option can expire 3/27/19 as planned.)

Thank you.

[BS]
Members
1,934 posts
9,810 battles

don't sell, they have a financial incentive for CV's to be weak right now. They want you to sell. After the sell window closes, the overlapping AA nerf will be added to the game and CV's will be more fun...People will want their premium CV's/tech tree lines back, cha ching.

They nerfed Azuma mere days before Alaska was released so no one "waited" for Azuma, expect Azuma to be buffed to reignite interest/crate sales.

This isn't tinfoil hat stuff, it's a metamorphic profit model.

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Cool 1

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
324 posts
7,168 battles

From this mornings Dev Blog:

The total damage output of Graf Zeppelin is still very high. To keep the special features of GZ's attack planes and dive bombers and balance the total amount of damage this CV can inflict, the damage of torpedoes is lowered from 5500 to 4533. This change will be live at 14:00 UTC on 13.03.19

It's not planned to make further changes to the parameters of Graf Zeppelin, Saipan, Kaga and Enterprise. We consider their balancing finished. We also would like to remind you that you can exchange your CVs in the Inventory section before the time to do this expires with 0.8.2.

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
1 minute ago, digitaljustice said:

It's not planned to make further changes to the parameters of Graf Zeppelin, Saipan, Kaga and Enterprise. We consider their balancing finished. We also would like to remind you that you can exchange your CVs in the Inventory section before the time to do this expires with 0.8.2.

Yes... for this reason I think it's not likely they'll extend the refund date. But like HorrorRoach said, they'll be affected by some of the coming changes, such as diminishing returns on overlapping AA, so overall things aren't really that stable.

[BS]
Members
1,934 posts
9,810 battles

Kaga is going to be a monster when that overlapping AA nerf goes into effect. They need to have conditions on it, like same tier or lower tier ships (compared to CV) don't see as big of a reduction in overlapping AA strength.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,828 posts
4,867 battles

thanks for reminding me that I still need to sell my 3 premium cvs. almost forgot about them

Beta Testers
364 posts
5,496 battles

Eh I sold my Siapan she was a port queen before the rework and more of one after by selling her and all other CVs I was able to get Alaska for a total if $3.50 so I am happy with the trade.

[KWF]
Members
3,817 posts
5,559 battles
15 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Kaga is going to be a monster when that overlapping AA nerf goes into effect. They need to have conditions on it, like same tier or lower tier ships (compared to CV) don't see as big of a reduction in overlapping AA strength.

Can I ask where you found out about an incoming overlapping AA nerf? I don't mean it as questioning, just curious if something has come up on reddit or some other platform that I missed.

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
16 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Can I ask where you found out about an incoming overlapping AA nerf? I don't mean it as questioning, just curious if something has come up on reddit or some other platform that I missed.

It's in the 8.1~8.4 development roadmap. It's been posted on both reddit and here.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
3,817 posts
5,559 battles
7 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

It's in the 8.1~8.4 development roadmap. It's been posted on both reddit and here.

Ah, thanks for pointing it out, I just skimmed the notes when it first came out so I indeed missed it.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,103 posts
42 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

From this mornings Dev Blog:

The total damage output of Graf Zeppelin is still very high. To keep the special features of GZ's attack planes and dive bombers and balance the total amount of damage this CV can inflict, the damage of torpedoes is lowered from 5500 to 4533. This change will be live at 14:00 UTC on 13.03.19

BUT we'd also like to remind you we can, at any time, change whatever we want about those ships. Just an FYI.