Sign in to follow this  
TheURLGuy

Results of the 11th Ranked Battle Season and the "North" Clan Season

28 comments in this topic

[RSF]
Members
156 posts
11,440 battles

Congratulations to all the top players and clans!!   I know i was in that 26% stuck at 10 

• Cool 1

[SUCIT]
Members
321 posts
15,320 battles

This ranked season was absolutely the worst ranked season by far. If WG decides to do this crazy stuff again, I'm simply just going to know better like everyone else and stop at rank 10. I should have listened to my friends and not bothered.

The problem with this crazy mode is that one has to heavily rely on MM RNG. Please make ranked like previous seasons so individual player skill matters not if MM decides you should reach rank 1 or not. I've had an insane 80% win rate all the way up to rank 5. Then I kept getting the worst players in the entire server and that quickly went to 52%. I stopped before it went to 10%. Literally every team I was in after reaching 5 had significantly lower win rate than the other team and carrying a team is impossible if you BBs are in the back and your DDs are already dead. Other seasons are carryable because it's more strategic in the way one positions oneself. But here, it's just a brawl of which team has better players. Not what you can do. Arms race is basically clan battles with random players. You just have to hope that MM gave you the good clan members.

• Cool 2

[AUGH]
[AUGH]
Members
107 posts
4,621 battles

has dont_aim_me_please found a job yet or is he still enjoying life as a NEET?

• Cool 1

Members
3,879 posts
21,215 battles

17 months after the end of CB season we finally get an article which gets the winner's name incorrectly. Classic WG journalism.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[USCC2]
Beta Testers
1,386 posts
12,508 battles

Congratulations to the top 10

As for Ranked, I could only go so far before I got feed up with the teams and the system WG used, IMHO this was the worse Ranked battles yet.  

I also hope someday WG will figure out what "Ranked" really means and stop running team battles under the flag of Ranked Battles.

[BRONY]
Members
59 posts
8,114 battles

Imagine taking an extra 2 months to write the article only to get the winning teams name wrong. Can WGNA do anything right? Probably not.

Edited by KiririnIchiban
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[CRMSN]
Members
8 posts
7,389 battles

When you're in the 4.2% of Players who ranked out, but that's meaningless in regards to actually player skill statistics because the Ranked System is a mix of luck, skill, and quantity

• Cool 1

[PHRA]
Members
17 posts
22,479 battles

Your statistics are not worth the paper and ink to print them; and your titles are, at best, misleading.  Until you place the clan and ranked battles so that every tier can play the same battle you can NOT say anything about what is the most favorite of anything, because you ar leaving over 90% of the ships out of consideration.  For example, my favorite ship happens to be a tier 7, and this continual pressure to use tiers 9 or 10 while you sell lower tier ships or even give some of the lower tiers away as awards is misleading.  Your set up this time for ranked battles SUCKED!  I and many others play this game for fun and to relax.  Your efforts to increase the challenge of playing it has destroyed most of the fun and relaxation that used to be found in the game.  If you continue this program this way I can tell you I have played my last ranked battle.  For those who like to play these challenges go ahead and have them but also have the more relaxing versions as well.  I would also suggest that you set the games so that the different tiers can play the same contest.  All that would be needed is the game restricted  to each tier.  Frankly I think it would be a blast to have a Clan and a ranked battle at tier ONE.   You are missing a great chance to let this game be a lot of fun, and so long as you keep supply game contests that allow the lower tier ships to play in COOP or RANDOM then it requires you to put those tiers into Clan and Ranked Battles.  Remember this is a GAME.  Games are to be fun, even relaxing to play.  The way you are going now you are removing the fun and relaxation from the game and replacing them with restricted challenges that by their very nature are not fun and never will be relaxing.  As for your system   of rewards for certain in game challenges:  Let me point out (for example) if in part 1 of a problem you have to do X number of tasks to win Y prize.  In part two you have the same tasks to do only twice as many but you only get the same Y prize as in part one.  That is wrong if you want to increase the requirement to finish then so should the reward be increased with the accomplishment.  Also  when it comes to the conversion of items such as "Credits", Stars, etc. this should be a two way street You should be able to convert up as well as down.  If X Credits equal Y Stars  Then Y Stars should be able to get X Credits and so forth.  Finally your new levels of Steel, Copper, etc. need to be found in other areas as awards as well.  As of now they are as useful as (you know what) on a boar hog.  Over all I still play some of this game for fun but I would not and will not recommend it to a friend, not with the way it is currently going.  And what you did with the Carriers is should be thrown out.     One a scale of one to ten with Ten being the best rating your game, in my opinion has dropped from an 8.5 to a 3.0 for satisfaction.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[N-F-H]
[N-F-H]
Members
33 posts
4,531 battles

of course NEETS win  -_- ,    economic death spiral , "burning in" faster than a new CV plane over AA after rework

[USCC2]
Beta Testers
1,386 posts
12,508 battles
3 hours ago, Gamebird said:

When you're in the 4.2% of Players who ranked out, but that's meaningless in regards to actually player skill statistics because the Ranked System is a mix of luck, skill, and quantity

Or the ability to hide or be AFK and let your team carry to the next level.  Which is why I hate the way Ranked Battles is set up.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Beta Testers
1,386 posts
12,508 battles
1 hour ago, maddad1947 said:

Your statistics are not worth the paper and ink to print them; and your titles are, at best, misleading.  Until you place the clan and ranked battles so that every tier can play the same battle you can NOT say anything about what is the most favorite of anything, because you ar leaving over 90% of the ships out of consideration.  For example, my favorite ship happens to be a tier 7, and this continual pressure to use tiers 9 or 10 while you sell lower tier ships or even give some of the lower tiers away as awards is misleading.  Your set up this time for ranked battles SUCKED!  I and many others play this game for fun and to relax.  Your efforts to increase the challenge of playing it has destroyed most of the fun and relaxation that used to be found in the game.  If you continue this program this way I can tell you I have played my last ranked battle.  For those who like to play these challenges go ahead and have them but also have the more relaxing versions as well.  I would also suggest that you set the games so that the different tiers can play the same contest.  All that would be needed is the game restricted  to each tier.  Frankly I think it would be a blast to have a Clan and a ranked battle at tier ONE.   You are missing a great chance to let this game be a lot of fun, and so long as you keep supply game contests that allow the lower tier ships to play in COOP or RANDOM then it requires you to put those tiers into Clan and Ranked Battles.  Remember this is a GAME.  Games are to be fun, even relaxing to play.  The way you are going now you are removing the fun and relaxation from the game and replacing them with restricted challenges that by their very nature are not fun and never will be relaxing.  As for your system   of rewards for certain in game challenges:  Let me point out (for example) if in part 1 of a problem you have to do X number of tasks to win Y prize.  In part two you have the same tasks to do only twice as many but you only get the same Y prize as in part one.  That is wrong if you want to increase the requirement to finish then so should the reward be increased with the accomplishment.  Also  when it comes to the conversion of items such as "Credits", Stars, etc. this should be a two way street You should be able to convert up as well as down.  If X Credits equal Y Stars  Then Y Stars should be able to get X Credits and so forth.  Finally your new levels of Steel, Copper, etc. need to be found in other areas as awards as well.  As of now they are as useful as (you know what) on a boar hog.  Over all I still play some of this game for fun but I would not and will not recommend it to a friend, not with the way it is currently going.  And what you did with the Carriers is should be thrown out.     One a scale of one to ten with Ten being the best rating your game, in my opinion has dropped from an 8.5 to a 3.0 for satisfaction.

Well said, thank you.  Now if we could get WG to read it, it would better.  

• Cool 1

[M-B]
Members
3 posts
17,068 battles

I really like playing Clan Battles, as for Ranked the chat after Rank 5 make every season nearly unplayable. I play this game because I enjoy it, not to have the chat spammed by 2 year old's. Something has to be done about these players, I think a report system that removes the player from Ranked Play for the remainder of that season is appropriate. 

As it sits now I'm not certain I'll compete in the next Ranked season.

[WNNR]
Members
250 posts
5,900 battles

Would love some more comprehensive stats for clan battles. 

[13TH]
Members
10 posts
11,194 battles

A Few things about Ranked Battle Season 11:  

1. WOW made it harder to advance from rank 10 to rank 1 by adding extra missions (stars) at each tier (10-6, and 5 - 1 each needs another star).

2.  WOW removed the Rank lock at Rank 5 as has always been in past.  This was the worst step on supposed "improvement" to Rank Battles

Ranked battles depends on you working with a bunch of peeps who usually wont cooperate!!  How is it possible that a person went from initial to RANK 1 in 2 days???  Obviously they were Rank 1 last season so started about Rank 7??

The issue is that while you want to make it challenging, we pay a lot of money to consistently fight battle after battle only to let down by jerks that will not cooperate as a team.

I would like you to add back into Ranked season 12 the lock when you get to Rank 5.  

it takes a heck of a lot of work and money to get to R5, only to melt down to R10.  

So why should we try again??   Most all my clan "gave up" because we had to not only work harder and many many more battles, but to have to try to climb again!!!!!

Edited by _EnsignParker_
you blocked content

[R-F1]
Members
21 posts
23,987 battles
On 3/13/2019 at 11:09 AM, LordOFace said:

So how many players have ranked out all 11 seasons?

You and Me?

Members
29 posts
14,116 battles

I enjoyed season 11 as it brought some slight variations to ranked game play. I think ranked is better than clan battles and the best format for competitive game play in WoWs. Wargaming did a good job. My only regrets is that there is not a Ranked 1 club this season as it was really cool previously as it is always a big deal for me to reach rank 1. Second there was no Jolly Roger... I wanted another... Other than that, it rocked... 

I know why so many were at rank 10, because they quit playing ranked at 10. Everyone did that in my clan. Some fought on. Some got on losing streaks and wouldn't stop playing until they were back at 10. I dunno,, a lot of people quit there who should have gone further. Some quit once they got to 10 because they felt that was the best Cost/Benefit rank, same with 5. 

Personally I think its worth persevering on to rank 1 and working to towards learning and gain the skills to reach it. Cheers mates! 

Members
3,346 posts
8,363 battles

I went into this ranked season thinking I wasn't going to like the arms race format, but I actually found it fun as a break from the constant stream of domination/standard formats in randoms. Even though plenty of people said she would be a weak choice, I went up to rank 10 just playing Iowa and stopped there (partly because of my RL schedule, partly because I had already heard the horror stories from clan mates who were further along that have been repeated already here) and still managed to keep a fairly decent WR and stats. I definitely saw more questionable quality teammates, but I'm partly blaming that on people trying to avoid CVs right after the rework, and they mostly evened out across the teams, although there were a few games where I had to hard carry with a stacked team but that's normal for ranked.

In the future, I would like to see a return to more irrevocable ranks above 10, since I saw many people (even some of the really good/unicum players) get up to a certain point and then just fall all the way back to 10 with a long series of uncarryable teams. Yes, it means more potatoes can get carried up to higher ranks by hitting battle enough times, but there were always so few relative to the number of skilled players and it would definitely help some of the burnout when you get a long string of losses that are purely a result of stacked teams.

Sign in to follow this