You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Top 3: Most Anemic Ships

70 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
7,646 posts
12,538 battles

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick curiosity question to see the community's feeling on what the top 3 weakest ships in the game currently are.  This was spurred on by a match I had in Mutsuki recently, the first time I have played that ship since it's demotion to T5 a long time ago.  Here are my top 3, in no particular order:

• Mutsuki - basically a mediocre torpedoboat with some of the worst guns in the entire game.  Literally, every other ship it will face can easily outgun it.  Feels more like a T4 than a T5, as I would gladly trade Isokaze anyday over playing this ship.  Needs some serious love to become competitive again.
  • Emerald - the guns on this cruiser are very weak.  Unless an opponent is willing to give you an extended crack at their broadside, the shells don't inflict much pain.  I've honestly had more success using her with the torpedos as the main armament rather than the main guns.
  • Pensacola - oh boy, for those who thought the T7 version needed help, the T6 version, somehow, feels worse.  The nerfs she received when dropping to T6 seemed unnecessary, as I think she would have fit just fine as is going from T7 to T6.  That turret traverse is like old-school Warspite bad now.

Do these ships need some help, or are they just misunderstood and misplayed?  Likely a bit of both, but I do feel they could use a mild buff or two to bring them up to snuff with their peers.

What are the top 3 ships that you think need some love?

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
10,527 posts
19,752 battles

Pretty much anything T4/T5 and below for the most part will be bad or meh. Just how it is. T6+ is where you really see the disparity between the really good ships and the holy crap does this suck ships.

• Pensacola. You 100% nailed it in your comments. The sledgehammer nuclear nerfs it got when dropped to T6 were uncalled for and made a poor ship a horrible ship. If they had dropped it in it's T7 configuration to T6 it would have been ok. Not good or great just ok. But the current T6 version is god awful bad. Give it back it's T7 stats and it will be ok at T6.
  • Aoba. Another T6 Cruiser that is just awful. This one needs a lot of attention. Reload time and gun range buffs would be a decent start. Maybe tweak the hull enough to actually allow for useable torp angles.
  • La Galissonniere. Yeah, I went for the T6 Cruiser trifecta LOL. I could have picked some others but this is another real dog. Probably the worst ship in the entire French line. It needs a LOT of work.

Honorable mentions...

• Queen Elizabeth
  • Monarch
  • Kirov (yeah I know it's a T5 but it even makes T5's look bad)
  • Yorck
  • Nagato
  • New Mexico (RELOAD buff)
  • Cool 2

[RED]
[RED]
Members
259 posts
11,759 battles

How about all the T4 CVs and many of the T6 CVs. Damage is terrible.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
528 posts
13,596 battles

I disagree with the Pensacola. It's the first heavy USN CA. People have to adjust to it. It teaches lessons that apply down the rest of the line. 

Emerald and Mutsuki are weak through.

The Queen is very strong as a 380 armed BB at tier 6, the Monarch is a little weak with 380s at tier 8 (raise the cit, really?), the Yorck has been buffed recently, the Kirov is paper but has great guns, the Nagato was fantastic when I played through it and the New Mexico is a pretty tanky ship, but a shotgun. I didn't hate the New Mex, but it's been a long time since I've played it. 

[SYN]
Members
15,531 posts
12,778 battles

Both Mutsuki and Minekaze are awful ships, actually

And no, Isokaze is actually worse than both Mutsuki and Minekaze, because of slower shell velocity and far slower top speed.

Then we have Mogami... There is a reason why it's so squishy compared to the rest of the line.

1951358030_WoWsIJNCruisers.thumb.jpg.22a44c5c28ea9977e0715121d00f9b70.jpg

[FML]
Members
3,293 posts
13,945 battles
20 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick curiosity question to see the community's feeling on what the top 3 weakest ships in the game currently are.  This was spurred on by a match I had in Mutsuki recently, the first time I have played that ship since it's demotion to T5 a long time ago.  Here are my top 3, in no particular order:

• Mutsuki - basically a mediocre torpedoboat with some of the worst guns in the entire game.  Literally, every other ship it will face can easily outgun it.  Feels more like a T4 than a T5, as I would gladly trade Isokaze anyday over playing this ship.  Needs some serious love to become competitive again.
  • Emerald - the guns on this cruiser are very weak.  Unless an opponent is willing to give you an extended crack at their broadside, the shells don't inflict much pain.  I've honestly had more success using her with the torpedos as the main armament rather than the main guns.
  • Pensacola - oh boy, for those who thought the T7 version needed help, the T6 version, somehow, feels worse.  The nerfs she received when dropping to T6 seemed unnecessary, as I think she would have fit just fine as is going from T7 to T6.  That turret traverse is like old-school Warspite bad now.

Do these ships need some help, or are they just misunderstood and misplayed?  Likely a bit of both, but I do feel they could use a mild buff or two to bring them up to snuff with their peers.

I broadly agree with these.  I too have been playing the Mutsuki very recently, and it was not a fun experience.  Happy to sell it when I was done. 

But I think the Omaha might still be in a worse place than the Pensacola, even though the cola got badly nerfed despite the downtier. 

2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Pretty much anything T4/T5 and below for the most part will be bad or meh. Just how it is. T6+ is where you really see the disparity between the really good ships and the holy crap does this suck ships.

• Pensacola. You 100% nailed it in your comments. The sledgehammer nuclear nerfs it got when dropped to T6 were uncalled for and made a poor ship a horrible ship. If they had dropped it in it's T7 configuration to T6 it would have been ok. Not good or great just ok. But the current T6 version is god awful bad. Give it back it's T7 stats and it will be ok at T6.
  • Aoba. Another T6 Cruiser that is just awful. This one needs a lot of attention. Reload time and gun range buffs would be a decent start. Maybe tweak the hull enough to actually allow for useable torp angles.
  • La Galissonniere. Yeah, I went for the T6 Cruiser trifecta LOL. I could have picked some others but this is another real dog. Probably the worst ship in the entire French line. It needs a LOT of work.

Honorable mentions...

• Queen Elizabeth
  • Monarch
  • Yorck
  • Nagato

No, I dont agree at all.  

The La Galissonniere was so OP it got nerfed - by no means is it a bad ship. 

The Aoba is a side-grade from the Furutaka, sure, but the Furutaka is OP and so a side-grade isnt so bad.  Being lacklustre or underwhelming does not warrant a 'Top 3 worst ship eva!111!!' rating. 

Kirov is actually a strong ship if people stop playing her like a light cruiser and actually use her well.  

The Nagato is an excellent battleship that plays like a battleship should - hit stuff at long range for high damage, and has decent enough speed and secondaries to get around.  

The QE is eminently servicable.  

I have no idea how you generated your list - it doesnt seem objective at all.  

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,727 posts
5,237 battles

I'd cast a vote for any of the T4 CVs.. If I had to pick one of those I'd say Hermes..    Anemic might be a bit strong of a term for the damage it puts out IMO.       

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
16,333 posts
11,187 battles

Mutsuki - either buff the ROF by some significant margin or seriously buff the torpedoes in reload or in on-target effectiveness. I'm carrying 650mm torps. They should have almost guaranteed flooding and be ruin and disaster to all they touch.  That has not been my experience unless hitting with all six. YMMV. The Free XP I have on hand would make bypassing her a triviality, but pride won't let me do it. For me, she is one of those ships for which pushing the "sell" button will be a pleasure. I'd have done it already, but I want to make her work off all the credits she's cost me.

Emerald - worst cruiser guns in the game, tier for tier. Of all the RN cruisers, the Emerald is the only one I felt seriously deserved the availability of a fire chance on its main armament. The torpedo range buff was a very, very welcome change but I agree the guns need a lot of love. Nevertheless, I am fond of her and have now bought her back three times (as port slots allowed).

Pensacola - I don't think this ship is too bad. I unlocked her just before the split, which meant that I never had to grind through her as a necessity and I have next to no experience with what she was like at T7, but I still have a hell of a lot of XP on her.

The jury is out for me regarding the carriers, because I don't think I have enough experience to know if it's the ship or just me, but the earnings and damage I used to get in the Independence (in which I sort of sucked) vs. that which I now get in the Ranger tell their own story. It's fun flying the planes around, but damage and earnings are way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down (and yes, I did keep records).

[IXM]
Members
832 posts
3,934 battles

After trying to play slow BBs like the Bellerophon, Courbet and Bretagne, I must say that these are all the worst I've played due to the sheer inflexibility of their design. The Bellerophon is easily the worst since it's slow, doesn't have great range, and really only has a good heal. I'm planning on skipping that one, thankfully it's only tier 3.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,294 posts
10,943 battles

I dont know about you but t6 Pensacola isna beast, younjust gota know how to load and use ap.

Most anemic ships 

1] Karlsruhe is a debacle if there ever was one; reminds me of the stock ST-I grind from WoT.

2] Svietlana huge downgrade from Bogatyr and a tier higher. 

3] Jianwei is a dd without a purpose.

I don't know about post nerf, but mutsuki was better than the t7 Hatsuharu, whose only advantage was dp AA.

Your right on anout Emerald though; she's voluntary dev strike duty for an entire tier.

Edited by Crokodone

[O_O]
Members
5,965 posts
13,773 battles

There will always be the Top Weakest Ships in the Game.  If you buff these, it will make new Top Weakest Ships in the Game.  You buff them, the next ships will take their place...and so on.

This is how you feed the power creep monster.  Don't feed that monster.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
384 posts
7,195 battles

Well in my recent experience, after finally earning Shinomome, took it out for a fight and quickly found out it might just be the most useless DD in this meta yet. This being due to a combination of low gun range with slow reload, short torp range compared to other DDs in its tier spread and no AA power whatsoever.

Even Hatsuharu feels better to use, Hatsu has more AA range with "more" dps, compared to the anemic .9km with 17dps of Shinomome, more gun range, with Shino maxing out at 9km and more torp range, with Shino maxing out at 8km compared to Hatsu with 10km.

In that first match i had in it I ended up in a double CV game, Lexington and Furious to be exact. By the first minute i was already being harassed by both of them continuously with no option to counterplay besides just hiding in my smoke, but, if I hid in my smoke, they could simply drop fighters and i would be unable to anything about it. Not only this but the fact that the gun range and torp range is so ridiculously low compared to other T6 DDs that by the time I actually got in range to do anything I was already down to 2k HP having never engaged with an enemy ship, that is until i smoked again to avoid the two CVs only to get radared and finished off by an Atlanta yoloing into my team. 

It felt like i was playing a T2 or T3 ship in a T8 match. I know Shinonome is a free ship, but could it be possible to at least make it...you know...fun?

I enjoyed my time with Hatsuharu and even Shiratsuyu, which suffers from the same anemic AA range, but Shira had more conceal, gun and torp range to work with.

Sorry about the ranty post but this is just my current feelings on what i think is in all honesty, the most useless ship in my port now.

[PIZZA]
Members
1,034 posts
11,651 battles
50 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Pensacola - oh boy, for those who thought the T7 version needed help, the T6 version, somehow, feels worse.

I bought camo for Cleveland and suddenly cruiser split change that bought perma camo to this carbage Pensacola.

Pensacola is too situational ship so one moment it is absolute star and another game and moment it is below vomiting carbage. Not, definitely not casual funplayers ship. 

Biggest issue is - EVERYBODY KNOWS it is citadel magnet that EATS all shells miles away - AND ASKS MORE!  

Edited by Finnkax

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,720 posts
16,689 battles
42 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

How about all the T4 CVs and many of the T6 CVs. Damage is terrible.

With the lack of AA at T4 and lackluster AA at T6, they have more or less free reign of the skies as is. If their damage output was anything near on par with the higher tier CVs, they'd destroy low tier play while sinking things with complete impunity.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TURD]
Members
155 posts
2,972 battles

Still struggling my way through the Pensacola, but if I were to pick one ship from my stable, it'd probably be Abruzzi. I don't like boats that seem to require a high tier captain not to make them good, but to just make them function. Before IFHE I this I was averaging 300 damage a shell hit. With its slightly better but you can say kiss my hand to lighting any fires. Guns are awful, torps are awful, arcs are awful and collectively the 40k+ battles on NA that have even seen an Abruzzi they probably eat more citadels than all the Nurnbergs put together.  

And yet, I had to have one and somehow I manage to put together decent matches in it. Probably because red team largely ignores me as not being much of a threat, and takes pity.

[PVE]
Members
10,527 posts
19,752 battles
17 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I broadly agree with these.  I too have been playing the Mutsuki very recently, and it was not a fun experience.  Happy to sell it when I was done. 

But I think the Omaha might still be in a worse place than the Pensacola, even though the cola got badly nerfed despite the downtier. 

No, I dont agree at all.  

The La Galissonniere was so OP it got nerfed - by no means is it a bad ship. 

The Aoba is a side-grade from the Furutaka, sure, but the Furutaka is OP and so a side-grade isnt so bad.  Being lacklustre or underwhelming does not warrant a 'Top 3 worst ship eva!111!!' rating. 

Kirov is actually a strong ship if people stop playing her like a light cruiser and actually use her well.  

The Nagato is an excellent battleship that plays like a battleship should - hit stuff at long range for high damage, and has decent enough speed and secondaries to get around.  

The QE is eminently servicable.  

I have no idea how you generated your list - it doesnt seem objective at all.  

The topic was "Anemic" not "Worst" to be factual here. And I don't care if you agree or not. I didn't know I needed to run my list by you 1st? You should tell the OP to add that to his post so others know.:Smile_teethhappy:

T5 Emile Bertin got nerfed for being OP but I don't remember the La Gal getting nerfed? What the heck could they nerf that possibly could have made it OP?

Furutaka is not OP. It is just good. Do you work for WG where anything better than meh means OP or something? LOL Aoba flat out sucks. It is not a side grade from Furutaka it is a downgrade when all factors are taken into account. It and Pepsi are the 2 worst T6 Cruisers IMO; even worse than La Gal. 

Kirov is a ship that is 100% citadel and has no armor LOL. It has the maneuverability and concealment of a BB (as bad as or even worse than a similar tier BB). It has ONE redeeming feature and that is T9 guns at T5. It's not a good ship. It's "ok" but it could use some work (which is the entire point of this thread).

Nagato is one of the most underwhelming and disappointing BB's I have played in WOWS. All I read about it is stuff like you posted and then I got there and was like huh? The armor is poor, it is slow (25 knots is slow at T7 - only Colorado at 21 and Nelson at 24 are worse - all others 27-32), and it maneuvers like a drunk whale. And that doesn't even address the real issue which is the inconsistent and overrated main guns. I don't see the god like accuracy you and others talk of and the damage is meh at best most times. For every 1 good salvo you get you get 5 that leave you scratching your head wondering what happened there. That doesn't mean it is the worst BB in the game or anything (although honestly I would put it there as the worst T7). Again the topic was "Anemic" and in need of some love. And the fact WG recently buffed it a bit backs me up. You don't buff "excellent" ships. Sorry but my idea of BB play is not max range sniping. I like to close in and overwhelm stuff. Nagato is not up to that. Too soft. Again though YMMV based on play style.

Queen Elizabeth is a turd. This is one on the last I actually would have brought up if the topic was "worst". It's the worst T6 BB by far and probably the worst BRN BB as well. Nothing about it that is redeeming except maybe the AA which I remember as half way decent.

I generated the list through playing the ships. The ones I listed all need help, to one degree or another, either in general in some way or what I specifically noted like NM needing a reload buff (doesn't mean I think it is a bad ship - it's actually pretty good - just needs that tweak).

As said, YMMV. Doesn't make you right, me right, or either/both wrong. It's just opinion. Relax.

No need to reply either. Let's not derail this with a fight. You already expressed your views and I explained why I listed them in response. Just move on as I will. IF you really need to argue it more PM me. :Smile_honoring:

[RED]
[RED]
Members
259 posts
11,759 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

With the lack of AA at T4 and lackluster AA at T6, they have more or less free reign of the skies as is. If their damage output was anything near on par with the higher tier CVs, they'd destroy low tier play while sinking things with complete impunity.

I certainly don’t t think they need to be on par with their T8 counterparts, but I would like to see similar results for the effort as a similar tier cruiser. Also think the reward coefficients need to be reworked as well for the low tier CVs.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Emerald: Too bad because she should be a fun ship but she takes too many cits from every angle possible, HE or AP. If she had say, T9 RN Cruiser heal she MIGHT be playable.

Kryspy Kream: Largely the same issues as Emerald however I feel you can do more damage during your short life due to more guns and the ability to fire HE as well.

Myogi: Probably the least appealing BB in the game. 1A2 layout. Bad arcs on the rear turrets. Smallest broadside at T4. Has to compete with the likes of Nikolai, Arkansas, Orion, and Kaiser, all for the 'fun' of 14" Guns at T4. And she's paper, as if you wanted to throw her away more.

Runner Up: Huanghe: Smallest Broadside from T6 Cruisers (6, 6" guns, even Aoba has more punch), low armor, low health, smoke that, at least to me, is very unoptimized (yes being able to move under cover is nice, but that LONG reload means you will spend a lot of time being shot at in the open) and torps that just do not fit the need (if they were Italian style, then she'd be a much better torp boat w/ TRB, but as it stands it's very meh).

19 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Queen Elizabeth is a turd. This is one on the last I actually would have brought up if the topic was "worst". It's the worst T6 BB by far and probably the worst BRN BB as well. Nothing about it that is redeeming except maybe the AA which I remember as half way decent.

Stop firing HE and she becomes a high-point in the line. She really isn't that far off from Warspite, really just trading Secondary for AA, and less Cruiser Overpens for less BB Cits.

19 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Nagato is one of the most underwhelming and disappointing BB's I have played in WOWS. All I read about it is stuff like you posted and then I got there and was like huh? The armor is poor, it is slow (25 knots is slow at T7 - only Colorado at 21 and Nelson at 24 are worse - all others 27-32), and it maneuvers like a drunk whale. And that doesn't even address the real issue which is the inconsistent and overrated main guns. I don't see the god like accuracy you and others talk of and the damage is meh at best most times. For every 1 good salvo you get you get 5 that leave you scratching your head wondering what happened there. That doesn't mean it is the worst BB in the game or anything (although honestly I would put it there as the worst T7). Again the topic was "Anemic" and in need of some love. And the fact WG recently buffed it a bit backs me up. You don't buff "excellent" ships. Sorry but my idea of BB play is not max range sniping. I like to close in and overwhelm stuff. Nagato is not up to that. Too soft. Again though YMMV based on play style.

Players that don't 'get' Nagato are people that insist on trying to close range with her. IJN BB's are not BRAWLERS, and their dispersion trapezoid has a very wide 'base' but a very thin 'end' compare to a USN or RN BB. In practical terms this means they are very accurate at long range, but very inaccurate up close. This is very apparent when you cross from 14-12 km to 10-8 km. At 14-12 km it feels way more accurate than any BB above or below tier (except maybe Warspite), but at 10-8 km, where most BB's start getting laser like dispersion, Nagato still has the same 14-12 km dispersion and it becomes apparent, fast.

In short, she is NOT a brawler, she is a sniper, and her dispersion is designed around that.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 2

[NUWES]
Members
2,770 posts
8,917 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Good morning everyone,

I disagree on Pensacola. I love that ship. Its firepower is pretty monstrous on T6 and with USN autobounce angles it can shred other cruisers easily and even take big chunks out of BBs, and BB accuracy absolutely sucks on those tiers at the ranges where Pensacola is effective. It is even solid against CVs and is decent against DDs due to the large number of guns. The hard part is just getting used to that turret traverse because it is atypical on the USN line. Sometimes you have to judge if it safe and turn the ship to help aim the guns. If you have played IJN, turret traverses like that are nothing new. It still handles T7s very well too. Things really fall apart vs. T8s though. 

Personally I think the #1 most anemic ship is Le Terrible. It is an open-water gunboat DD which is unmaneuverable, has bad gun arcs and slow turret traverse and slow reload and slow gun ballistics, and has no way to reset a fight if things go bad like smoke or a heal. The only thing it has that is good is speed and that is really only good for getting a miss or two until the player adjusts his lead. It isn't really even useful in co-op because the bots have no problem adjusting their lead after the first miss and they just focus it down because you can't reset the fight or control vision. If they want it to fight like a mini-Khabarovsk give it the tools to do so. I agree with the no-smoke because sitting in smoke runs counter to the ship's playstyle, but it needs something to mitigate damage. The only thing I can think of is maybe a 1 charge heal. That way it can perform the high-speed slashing attacks that they want it to and possibly survive. I got it from a Christmas crate, and I wanted it because I'm a collector but Christ it is a bad ship. I would have been pretty livid if I paid for it. 

Most of my other anemic candidates are T4s or lower or are carriers. T4s are training ships and mostly a giant pile of "meh" but that is ok. Ryujo right now is not in a happy place, nor is Furious. Both of them have awful bombing systems. You have to line up straight down the spine of your attacking ship for reasonable chances to hit regardless of drop height. If the ship is taking any evasive action at all (and it should be) the bombs just scatter all over the place or shatter or deflect. This is in contrast to Ranger's bombers which seem to have decent accuracy and usually have some effect. 

Edited by Tzarevitch
  • Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
7 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Personally I think the #1 most anemic ship is Le Terrible. It is an open-water gunboat DD which is unmaneuverable, has bad gun arcs and slow turret traverse and slow reload and slow gun ballistics, and has no way to reset a fight if things go bad like smoke or a heal. The only thing it has that is good is speed and that is really only good for getting a miss or two until the player adjusts his lead. It isn't really even useful in co-op because the bots have no problem adjusting their lead after the first miss and they just focus it down because you can't reset the fight or control vision. If they want it to fight like a mini-Khabarovsk give it the tools to do so. I agree with the no-smoke because sitting in smoke runs counter to the ship's playstyle, but it needs something to mitigate damage. The only thing I can think of is maybe a 1 charge heal. That way it can perform the high-speed slashing attacks that they want it to and possibly survive. I got it from a Christmas crate, and I wanted it because I'm a collector but Christ it is a bad ship. I would have been pretty livid if I paid for it. 

Funny, I find Le Terrible to be almost straight PTW (not quite Kidd levels of best DD hunter at T9, downtiered, and buffed for some reason at T8, but still pretty strong). She is a LOW damager, but the best rabbit in the game. If you can get the whole enemy team to waste shells trying to hit you, you can have more influence over a game than if you did 300k damage. She loses little speed in a turn, stops on a dime (which is oft over looked) and assuming you take the acceleration mod, starts pretty fast too (not RN CL fast, but fast), and topping out at 50 knot+, and how uncommon they are, most players CANNOT lead them properly so they will waste salvo after salvo on you. And the lack of smoke works in her favor as it stops you from being tempted to hide and forces you to play loud and proud. If there was anything on her I wanted it would be a LITTLE more range a slightly higher MV as a sort of quasi T8 Khaba.

Edited by _RC1138

[PVE]
Members
10,527 posts
19,752 battles
15 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Emerald: Too bad because she should be a fun ship but she takes too many cits from every angle possible, HE or AP. If she had say, T9 RN Cruiser heal she MIGHT be playable.

Kryspy Kream: Largely the same issues as Emerald however I feel you can do more damage during your short life due to more guns and the ability to fire HE as well.

Myogi: Probably the least appealing BB in the game. 1A2 layout. Bad arcs on the rear turrets. Smallest broadside at T4. Has to compete with the likes of Nikolai, Arkansas, Orion, and Kaiser, all for the 'fun' of 14" Guns at T4. And she's paper, as if you wanted to throw her away more.

Runner Up: Huanghe: Smallest Broadside from T6 Cruisers (6, 6" guns, even Aoba has more punch), low armor, low health, smoke that, at least to me, is very unoptimized (yes being able to move under cover is nice, but that LONG reload means you will spend a lot of time being shot at in the open) and torps that just do not fit the need (if they were Italian style, then she'd be a much better torp boat w/ TRB, but as it stands it's very meh).

Stop firing HE and she becomes a high-point in the line. She really isn't that far off from Warspite, really just trading Secondary for AA, and less Cruiser Overpens for less BB Cits.

Players that don't 'get' Nagato are people that insist on trying to close range with her. IJN BB's are not BRAWLERS, and their dispersion trapezoid has a very wide 'base' but a very thin 'end' compare to a USN or RN BB. In practical terms this means they are very accurate at long range, but very inaccurate up close. This is very apparent when you cross from 14-12 km to 10-8 km. At 14-12 km it feels way more accurate than any BB above or below tier (except maybe Warspite), but at 10-8 km, where most BB's start getting laser like dispersion, Nagato still has the same 14-12 km dispersion and it becomes apparent, fast.

In short, she is NOT a brawler, she is a sniper, and her dispersion is designed around that.

I couldn't do anything in QE with HE or AP. Tried both. Have Warspite and for whatever reason that works but QE doesn't. 

Nagato didn't exhibit reliable range accuracy for me to use it there. Had to get to at least medium range for the guns to hit (even vs bots) which means it's soft armor and poor maneuverability become big liabilities. AND when you do hit the results are more often than not pfft.:Smile_sceptic:

[-NOS-]
Members
13 posts
1,654 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Honorable mentions...

• Queen Elizabeth
  • Monarch
  • Yorck
  • Nagato

poor Yorck - sad it made ur Honorable mentions list.  I've done very well with it.  But hey, that's why there are so many ships to choose from, never know which one will gel with u.

[P-V-E]
Members
1,382 posts

Implacable in coop (due to the anaemic/worst credit earning potential, most games will result in a loss of credits even with permanent camo, economy flags and premium time)

Exeter in coop (anaemic as a gun platform its guns are useless, so you find yourself playing it like a feckless destroyer that only good for island ambushes leveraging its powerful torps to redeem it, among my ships it has the greatest disparity between torp vs. gun kills of better than 2:1)

Prinz Eitel Friedrich (anaemic guns, due to crazy dispersions and there being a very fine line between over-pen and none pen with AP)

Members
520 posts
3,945 battles

My list includes a ship I'm surprised isn't on the list so far.

1) Indianapolis, makes the Pensacola look good.  Neither are fun to play, and I actually liked the old Pensacola at tier VII. 

2) Emile Bertin, I just couldn't get this ship to work for me, and I couldn't wait to get past it and sell it off

3) Svietlana, this was a hard ship for me to get past, not much fun to be had here, even worse than the Emerald for me, and I didn't like the Emerald

Honorable mention:  Dunkerque, I only have 14 battles in this one, it is taking some getting used to.  Pretty sure it is me in this case, not the ship.