You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SolarDwagon

Why I'm stopping playing.

203 comments in this topic

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
6,921 battles

Took a couple of weeks off in frustration at the game. Figured I'd finally give the game another chance.
Three games: Every game team stacked with sub 45 win rate players, utter curbstomps. Two out of three games detonation from 2/3 or higher health. Why even bother playing when this is turning into the norm?
Either bad players need to start getting *actually* punished for staying bad continually, or the game needs something approximating skill based MM. I've been feeling like there's a trend towards the average player being worse, let alone when it's stacked with below-average players.

Edited by SolarDwagon
  • Cool 17
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 17

[RKLES]
Members
11,310 posts
12,728 battles

For every 55% WR player there must also be a 45% WR player in.order to have balanced ratio of 100%...

And even if they have a 45% WR, that does not automatically make them a bad player if they have logged many thousands of battles in, if they are polite, respectful, willing to learn off of each battle, then they may have ships that end up with Unicom stats while some of their other ship stats are tarnished from the learning process. Heard a chess quote about if a person has lost 10,000 games, but has learned from each one and each time was different, then they will be a world champion caliber player. Failing does not make somebody bad, as long as they are willing to learn and make changes each time.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
Corrected auto correct spelling errors.
  • Cool 17
  • Boring 3

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
6,921 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

For every 55% WR player there must also be a 45% WR player in.order to have balanced ratio of 100%...

And even if they have a 45% WR, that does not automatically make them a bad player if they have logged many thousands of battles in, if they are polite, respectful, willing to learn off of each battle, then they may have ships that end up with Unicom stats while some of their other ship stats are tarnished from the learning process. Heard a chess quote about of a person has lost 10,000 games, but has learned from each one and each time was different, then they will be a world champion caliber player. Failing dies not make somebody bad, as long as they are willing to learn and make changes each time.

Yes, and yet most of them are busy being off at map edge or sailing broadside in straight lines despite this being suggested as less than optimal. For every bad player willing to learn there's twenty more that show no interest in changing, and will normally swear at you for saying "Hey, don't do that".

• Cool 10
  • Boring 3

[5D]
Members
898 posts
11,545 battles

Sub 45% player list the norm these day , you just need to carry to win you cannot wait to be carried by other

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,520 posts
1,914 battles
2 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Yes, and yet most of them are busy being off at map edge or sailing broadside in straight lines despite this being suggested as less than optimal. For every bad player willing to learn there's twenty more that show no interest in changing, and will normally swear at you for saying "Hey, don't do that".

Then MMOs aren't for you. When you get older you'll understand how people, video games, and business work. Maybe you can start the first video game company that punishes its customers for not doing what you want.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 10

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
6,921 battles
Just now, RagingxMarmoset said:

Then MMOs aren't for you. When you get older you'll understand how people, video games, and business work. Maybe you can start the first video game company that punishes its customers for not doing what you want.

You seem to have a hell of a chip on your shoulder bringing in "how people, video games, and business work" to a post about why I'm giving up on a game. This post wasn't directed at you, as far as I know...?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,520 posts
1,914 battles
Just now, SolarDwagon said:

You seem to have a hell of a chip on your shoulder bringing in "how people, video games, and business work" to a post about why I'm giving up on a game. This post wasn't directed at you, as far as I know...?

It was posted in a public forum, so it's directed at all of us. I'm trying to get to to see how ridiculous you sound.

• Cool 4

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
715 posts
13 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

You can do a few things if that happens.

1. Leave it be and let them play how they want. It might be annoying, but you get through the game and move on.

2. Start ranting and raving at them and looking like a complete [edited]yourself and getting reported.

3. Stay quiet and move on.

4. Make ANOTHER of the "Im leaving the game" posts that plague this forum.

Just now, SolarDwagon said:

Well then there are two people here with chips on their shoulders. 

• Cool 4

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,199 posts
6,145 battles

...So can I have your stuff?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
6,921 battles
Just now, Landsraad said:

...So can I have your stuff?

Do I have anything you'ld even want? :c

Ignoring that you couldn't have it if I wanted :P

[WORX]
Members
8,114 posts
16,750 battles
50 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Either bad players need to start getting *actually* punished for staying bad continually, or the game needs something approximating skill based MM

Look everyone, someone who still dont understand how ^^^^ statement would be the end of WOWS.

One only has to study the mistakes of past game developers to see the above suggestion is not only a terrible idea. Its the nuclear option of destroying the game as a whole.

IMO, WOWS does a good job of self destruction with the CV rework *ONLY* killing DDs. They dont need "skill" based MM to finish it off.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,103 posts

See it's lucky for you my stats have been blocked now for well over two years. You may think you have everyone's current stats when using your "tool" but you'd be incorrect. Personally my stats vary greatly from ship  to ship over hundred of matches. Let's say I'm a slow learner.

You're presuming far too much relating to stats. I agree with others your OP is well... "that".  

Myself, I'd rather have people who are playing for fun and giving their all to win a match than someone who spends time before a match checking everyone's stats, setting their mind to believe they can win or lose only if the numbers are in their favor. Self fulfilling outcomes.

• Cool 6

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
6,921 battles
Just now, Herr_Reitz said:

See it's lucky for you my stats have been blocked now for well over two years. You may think you have everyone's current stats when using your "tool" but you'd be incorrect. Personally my stats vary greatly from ship  to ship over hundred of matches. Let's say I'm a slow learner.

You're presuming far too much relating to stats. I agree with others your OP is well... "that".  

Myself, I'd rather have people who are playing for fun and giving their all to win a match than someone who spends time before a match checking everyone's stats, setting their mind to believe they can win or lose only if the numbers are in their favor. Self fulfilling outcomes.

I don't check before a battle. I prefer to let people prove themselves first. Pity that it never seems to work.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,103 posts
1 hour ago, SolarDwagon said:

Three games: Every game team stacked with sub 45 win rate players, utter curbstomps. Two out of three games detonation from 2/3 or higher health. Why even bother playing when this is turning into the norm?

Oh, so it's a post game analysis? I see. Well, are you topping the team scoreboard every match then? 

As to detonations - there's a flag you know, right? It's been a good long while since any of my ships detonated. Said flag works wonders. 

Besides, not all bads... you get gifts when you get detonated. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,621 posts
93 battles

or the game needs something approximating skill based MM

That is already beaten to death.

And the answer is NO.

[NOBS]
Members
1,121 posts
8,277 battles

Took a couple of weeks off in frustration at the game. Figured I'd finally give the game another chance.
Either bad players need to start getting *actually* punished for staying bad continually, or the game needs something approximating skill based MM. I've been feeling like there's a trend towards the average player being worse, let alone when it's stacked with below-average players.

Glad you're leaving, more fun for us awful players

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[THOR]
Members
407 posts
5,302 battles
58 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And even if they have a 45% WR, that does not automatically make them a bad player if they have logged many thousands of battles in, if they are polite, respectful, willing to learn off of each battle, then they may have ships that end up with Unicom stats while some of their other ship stats are tarnished from the learning process. Heard a chess quote about of a person has lost 10,000 games, but has learned from each one and each time was different, then they will be a world champion caliber player. Failing dies not make somebody bad, as long as they are willing to learn and make changes each time.

I approve of this post.

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
57 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Give me a friendly, fun 40% any day of the week over a unicum salt lick...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[KWF]
Members
3,823 posts
5,588 battles
14 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Give me a friendly, fun 40% any day of the week over a unicum salt lick...

Depends though on the type of unicum you end up with. I would give more leeway to someone busting his a$$ to carry the team to victory, than say an alt account that plays only OP ships and 90% of his battles are in Divisions. The proper unicums are focused on winning rather than bashing teammates.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 3

[KRAK]
Members
3,471 posts
19,387 battles
2 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

Bye Felicia.

• Cool 1

[PHASE]
Members
5,791 posts
18,813 battles
2 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

Ignore all these internet tough guys. You have a very valid point and I agree it's very frustrating. Games are now decided very quickly by these potatoes. WG has implemented a MM system in ranked and in Clan Battles (at least to a degree) There should be something that keeps sub 400pr players away from the core of the game.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2