You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UnturnedLeaf

commander smoke screen skill

19 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
708 battles

relatively new WoW player here. i understand there is a commander skill that not only improves smoke screen but adds 2 additional charges up to 5 (?). i watched a Jingles video on the USS Sampson and he mentions it but doesn't identify it 

i've searched all over and can't find which skill this might be. "Smoke Screen Expert" seems to increase the radius of smoke by 20% but no indication that this is the skill that adds the 2 charges. can anyone help? thank you!!

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
134 posts
11,696 battles

Welcome to the game.  The 3 point skill Superintendent gives you 1 additional charge and using the 22,500 credit premium consumable gives you the 2nd.  Just make sure you use the drop down menu when selecting premium consumables that ensures you spend credits and not doubloons.

• Cool 1

Members
20 posts
708 battles
8 minutes ago, LastoftheFallen said:

Welcome to the game.  The 3 point skill Superintendent gives you 1 additional charge and using the 22,500 credit premium consumable gives you the 2nd.  Just make sure you use the drop down menu when selecting premium consumables that ensures you spend credits and not doubloons.

thank you. and thanks for the tip on spending credits not doubloons on the consummable. 

[PVE]
Members
826 posts
8,024 battles

Jingles is a good introduction, I'd recommend adding Flamu, Notser for further video assistance. Don't be afraid to ask more questions here either. 

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
551 posts
14,124 battles
58 minutes ago, LastoftheFallen said:

Oh, don't forget iChaseGaming with his Captain's Academy and Know Your Ship series on YouTube.

[WOLF2]
Members
335 posts
6,385 battles
17 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Jingles is a good introduction, I'd recommend adding Flamu, Notser for further video assistance. Don't be afraid to ask more questions here either. 

I'd add iChase, Yuro, and Flambass

How tos, basics, and ship/capt builds

iChase captains academy  // iChase

Flamu

Notser

farazelleth   <---aircraft carrier dude

Stuntman9630

Entertaining high level gameplay 

Flambass

The Sailing Robin

Yuro

[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles

Jingles is mostly entertainment with a few gems of knowledge sprinkled in - but he's what got me playing the game, and is worthy of attention.

Flamu is the ultimate foul-mouthed fighting sailor: Halsey's temper, Nelson's brilliance.

Flambass is also pretty good.

Stuntman is excellent value.

@Destroyer_KuroshioKai has a fairly narrow focus (almost all DD), but does that very, very well.

@Lightninger is the go-to if you want to run operations.

Captain Rye is worth a look; he mostly favours higher-tier DD like the Fletcher and Yue Yang, but his commentary contains a lot of very helpful general hints.

@Lord_Zath is IMO the most useful resource I have ever come across. His replay theatre is awesome, and participating wholeheartedly in it will benefit you greatly. Cool dude. Send him a replay if you are having trouble in any ship at any tier, and he will livestream it & comment (gently) on your ups and downs. He's helped me so much it isn't funny.

@LittleWhiteMouse does not do YouTube, but her written reviews here in the forums are a must-read if you intend to buy premium ships (they are not the be-all and end-all, as she stresses herself, but she lays it all out and if you read before you buy, there will be no unpleasant surprises).

iChase is good for facts and figures, but his presentation style isn't my thing; your opinion may differ.

@NoZoupForYou gives good value.

I would be cautious about Notser; he was once very good IMO, but of late I have found his material less than helpful. Take his opinions with a grain of salt.

Whiskey's Gaming Lounge (run by @UrPeaceKeeper) is an excellent guide on how to play a huge swath of ships at all tiers, from all nations, but some of the guides were made a long time ago when the captain skill tree was different, and much has changed. Some of those vids therefore need to be taken in that context, but that isn't his fault.

PointyHairedJedi, Mejash, Hakaym and Angry Nerd Gaming are all also worth a look.

[CUTER]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,241 posts
12,887 battles
4 hours ago, UnturnedLeaf said:

relatively new WoW player here. i understand there is a commander skill that not only improves smoke screen but adds 2 additional charges up to 5 (?). i watched a Jingles video on the USS Sampson and he mentions it but doesn't identify it 

i've searched all over and can't find which skill this might be. "Smoke Screen Expert" seems to increase the radius of smoke by 20% but no indication that this is the skill that adds the 2 charges. can anyone help? thank you!!

If you are interested in DD play take a look at my YouTube channel below, I do have some other stuff, but I prefer DDs as my passion.  If you have a ship you are struggling with or want to see what other people are doing please feel free to ask me.  I try to help out players as often as I can.  One of those ways is a personal replay analysis where I watch a replay you send me, and I coach you through it to try to improve the performance.  The video is uploaded to my channel privately, and no one will see it but you and I. 

If you would like me to do one, please PM me a replay.

[YORHA]
Members
4,648 posts
8,988 battles

Some great advice here but a word of caution.

If you watch Flambass' videos or streams and you end on the map "Two Brothers"... DON'T GO DOWN THE CHANNEL.  YOU ARE NOT FLAMBASS!

[NG-NL]
Members
6,035 posts
9,663 battles

Plus, helps to be courteous. Most of the forumites will troll or make silly comments at anyone who asks rudely.

Also, there are no hacks for WOWS.

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,706 posts
19,144 battles

o/

[-BRS-]
Members
1,413 posts
18,506 battles

Thanks for giving me a mention. My YouTube is still considered small compared to most others being very specialized. While it is mostly focused on operations/scenarios, with an emphasis on destroyers being a class many people can improve their play on, I have some other stuff mixed in as well. If anyone wants advice on game mechanics, how to play ships, etc, just let me know. I've taught at least a few people my more unique playstyle for Russian destroyers and they have been mostly happy with their results as far as I can tell.

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,149 battles
10 hours ago, UnturnedLeaf said:

As the other captains have said the skill "superintendent" will give you another charge of your consumables. 

There are a lot of good CC's/content makers that can answer beginner questions. 

[LEGIT]
Members
2,143 posts
28,896 battles

I think it's the Dunkirk brother captains that have the smoke screen boost you may be thinking of.  I use one on my Fiji, and I've got the other on my Neptune at the moment.  Waiting for the free skill reset to put him back in my Leander.

Members
20 posts
708 battles
17 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

If you are interested in DD play take a look at my YouTube channel below, I do have some other stuff, but I prefer DDs as my passion.  If you have a ship you are struggling with or want to see what other people are doing please feel free to ask me.  I try to help out players as often as I can.  One of those ways is a personal replay analysis where I watch a replay you send me, and I coach you through it to try to improve the performance.  The video is uploaded to my channel privately, and no one will see it but you and I. 

If you would like me to do one, please PM me a replay.

i'm full of one stupid question after another given that i'm not that tech savvy, but i don't see any You Tube channel "below". am i missing something? 

i've been playing more and more WoW lately and purposely limiting myself to low-tiers at this point. i want to immerse myself in the gameplay in general before i move up. the old "walk before you run" philosophy. i've been playing USA Cruisers and DD's. currently switching between the Wickes and the St. Louis. trying to learn the mechanics; that is what keys to use. how and when...how to actually ACTIVATE functions rather than just how to implement them. truly fundamental things that most "instructors" seem to assume their student knows. 

i have over 25K World of Tanks battles under my belt and believe i have a fair understanding of WG and the culture they live in (or under). i find myself making the same mistakes over and over here in Warships. in my Destroyers i find i am suddenly all alone and surrounded by red ships. (the definition of insanity is repeating the same mistake and expecting a different result) lol

i guess this falls under the category of "be aggressive but not too aggressive". great advice but not much help since it seems this is an instinctive thing i don't seem to possess but am determined to master. 

thanks for posting in this thread and the offer of assistance. i am enjoying the game so far and the challenge of something new. i hope to start moving up in tiers and experimenting with other nation's and some battleships but am not in a hurry. could you help me find your You Tube channel? 

[KENT]
Members
1,777 posts
4,757 battles
23 hours ago, LastoftheFallen said:

Premium consumables no longer use doubloons so there's no excuse in not using them.

[CUTER]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,241 posts
12,887 battles
11 hours ago, UnturnedLeaf said:

i'm full of one stupid question after another given that i'm not that tech savvy, but i don't see any You Tube channel "below". am i missing something? 

i've been playing more and more WoW lately and purposely limiting myself to low-tiers at this point. i want to immerse myself in the gameplay in general before i move up. the old "walk before you run" philosophy. i've been playing USA Cruisers and DD's. currently switching between the Wickes and the St. Louis. trying to learn the mechanics; that is what keys to use. how and when...how to actually ACTIVATE functions rather than just how to implement them. truly fundamental things that most "instructors" seem to assume their student knows. 

i have over 25K World of Tanks battles under my belt and believe i have a fair understanding of WG and the culture they live in (or under). i find myself making the same mistakes over and over here in Warships. in my Destroyers i find i am suddenly all alone and surrounded by red ships. (the definition of insanity is repeating the same mistake and expecting a different result) lol

i guess this falls under the category of "be aggressive but not too aggressive". great advice but not much help since it seems this is an instinctive thing i don't seem to possess but am determined to master. 

thanks for posting in this thread and the offer of assistance. i am enjoying the game so far and the challenge of something new. i hope to start moving up in tiers and experimenting with other nation's and some battleships but am not in a hurry. could you help me find your You Tube channel? 

Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-CVV_QxU4CesZL5pvdJw4A

One of the hardest things to master is the balance of aggression.  I believe I am a better DD player when I dial back my aggression a click or three, but that really is up to an individual's play style.  Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want on my videos, I want to make sure people understand what I'm teaching or discussing.  Let me know if you have any ship you would like a video on.