You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Duncan216

Will we see bot cv's in CO OP in the future?

28 comments in this topic

[QNA]
Members
38 posts
17,348 battles

Playing  a CV in CO OP puts your team at a disadvantage esp if like me you are trying to learn to play the CV.  A CV gives the Bot team an additional BB. Thoughts?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,119 posts
13,281 battles
7 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

They are planning on Bot CVs.

When is an entirely different question.

SOONTM

[RLGN]
Members
12,597 posts
22,417 battles

Players have been asking for more challenging Co-op; rework carriers in general, and a possibly potato carrier driver in particular, gives exactly that; a 7 and 1/whateverth vs eight battle, with the bot plus one being a heavy, tough ship.

I should think players would welcome such a challenge.

(-)

As far as bot carriers returning to Co-op; think about all the programming cheats... err... advantages, enjoyed by bots, and project those onto the new carriers; modified by what you might imagine would happen under the new mechanics.

Except for the issue of aircraft shoot down tasks, are you SURE you want carriers back?

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,552 posts
13,985 battles
39 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

SOONTM

To be announce ™

[WOLF8]
Members
6,067 posts
5,588 battles

I thought the bot controlled CV's were coming with 0.8.2... wasn't it? Or am I remembering it wrong? :Smile_hiding:

[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles
9 hours ago, alex08060 said:

This sucks, I want Co-op to be CV free. 

Too bad for you; many of us would rather fight a bot carrier than an extra bot BB, especially when that bot BB turns out to be top tier and MOST especially when most of our own team is also bots.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
10,488 posts
19,614 battles
14 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I thought the bot controlled CV's were coming with 0.8.2... wasn't it? Or am I remembering it wrong? :Smile_hiding:

The only official word I have seen was by Sub_Octavian over on Reddit. He said they plan to bring them back and are working on the programming but that it would be 8.1 or later before they come back. That was the only commitment to it I have seen. No timeline other than 8.1 or later.

The only thing I have seen about 8.2 was another free Capt/Ship respec period.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,488 posts
19,614 battles
15 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Players have been asking for more challenging Co-op; rework carriers in general, and a possibly potato carrier driver in particular, gives exactly that; a 7 and 1/whateverth vs eight battle, with the bot plus one being a heavy, tough ship.

I should think players would welcome such a challenge.

(-)

As far as bot carriers returning to Co-op; think about all the programming cheats... err... advantages, enjoyed by bots, and project those onto the new carriers; modified by what you might imagine would happen under the new mechanics.

Except for the issue of aircraft shoot down tasks, are you SURE you want carriers back?

As long as AA works, and they still help to greatly boost rewards with plane kills and CV kills, yes I want them back. If you can't shoot any planes down or they nerf hammer rewards into the ground then no thanks.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,067 posts
5,588 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The only official word I have seen was by Sub_Octavian over on Reddit. He said they plan to bring them back and are working on the programming but that it would be 8.1 or later before they come back. That was the only commitment to it I have seen. No timeline other than 8.1 or later.

The only thing I have seen about 8.2 was another free Capt/Ship respec period.

Thanks for that info, Admiral. I appreciate it. :Smile_honoring:

Well, it looks like we're gonna have to keep fighting against an extra bot BB in the mean time. LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,488 posts
19,614 battles
Just now, Blorgh2017 said:

Thanks for that info, Admiral. I appreciate it. :Smile_honoring:

Well, it looks like we're gonna have to keep fighting against an extra bot BB in the mean time. LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

Tbh I would prefer they hammer it all out and get things "balanced" before they bring them back. Let the PVP folks be the test mules for once LOL.

[A_51]
Members
955 posts

Yes.  But now that we are no longer seeing two human-played CVs in co-op games, which was pretty much a guaranteed loss, I don't care if they ever appear.

[RLGN]
Members
12,597 posts
22,417 battles
18 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Yes.  But now that we are no longer seeing two human-played CVs in co-op games, which was pretty much a guaranteed loss, I don't care if they ever appear.

4 minutes ago, Duncan216 said:

I just had a 2CV game in COOP not 10 mins ago...So still happening ...fortunatly it was a win ..

Bad players?

To merely say I ‘hate’ this entire rework is to understate how I feel; but I don’t see two player carriers as an automatic loss.

Are such complaints based on Co-op not being ‘easy’ any more? Because players can’t ‘charge the bots and blow them away’ like before?

Play smarter and rise to the challenge.

As I’ve been saying; I thought Co-op players were complaining that it wasn’t tough enough? Is it being said then that Co-op players actually DON’T want a challenge? and instead want their easy mode and 95% win rates with little real effort?

Surely not.

@AdmiralThunder seems to be quite the serious Co-op main, though admittedly, I have no idea if he would agree with what I say in this post.

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,149 battles
17 hours ago, Duncan216 said:

Playing  a CV in CO OP puts your team at a disadvantage esp if like me you are trying to learn to play the CV.  A CV gives the Bot team an additional BB. Thoughts?

Captain,

The answer to your question is yes. They are currently in development and when we know more, we will share this information with everyone.

Thank you for being patient.

Changes and improvements that we work on now in the time-frame of next updates (0.8.1 and beyond).

• Improve plane reserves UI (information should be better presented).
  • Improve AA sector UI (better usability).
  • Do additional balancing for individual ships, armament, skills and upgrades, as the statistical data is being accumulated.
  • Clear the minimap for non-CV ships (remove the unnecessary info about returning planes, etc).
  • Finish the development for CV bots (Cooperative Battles).
  • Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
10,488 posts
19,614 battles
1 hour ago, Duncan216 said:

I just had a 2CV game in COOP not 10 mins ago...So still happening ...fortunatly it was a win ..

Yes I have had a couple 2 CV games in the last day or two as well. BUT it is much less common than it was. 

[CAST]
Members
4,862 posts
3,402 battles

I'm sure Wargaming will readd bot CVs in Coop ... *after* all these events where you're required to shoot down 40 planes in coop are over ;)

• Funny 1

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
10 minutes ago, iKami said:

The answer to your question is yes. They are currently in development and when we know more, we will share this information with everyone.

Take as much time as you want. Don't rush.
In fact, put the idea right at the bottom of your "To Do" list and then just forget about it altogether.

Why?

Because without the bot CVs, Co-op has become a much more challenging mode.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
16,255 posts
11,121 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Bad players?

To merely say I ‘hate’ this entire rework is to understate how I feel; but I don’t see two player carriers as an automatic loss.

Are such complaints based on Co-op not being ‘easy’ any more? Because players can’t ‘charge the bots and blow them away’ like before?

Play smarter and rise to the challenge.

As I’ve been saying; I thought Co-op players were complaining that it wasn’t tough enough? Is it being said then that Co-op players actually DON’T want a challenge? and instead want their easy mode and 95% win rates with little real effort?

Surely not.

@AdmiralThunder seems to be quite the serious Co-op main, though admittedly, I have no idea if he would agree with what I say in this post.

The real problem arises when the following conditions are all fulfilled:

a) The human CV on the co-op team is low tier

b) The corresponding bot battleship is top tier and/or has a good AA suite (or is accompanied by ships that do)

c) The majority of the green ships are bots (mostly late at night and/or for out-of-region players signed in on a particular server when most of that server's local population is asleep).

Under those circumstances, with none of the previous alpha strike capability in the carrier, it is very easy for the human player(s) in non-CV ships to become overwhelmed if the AI decides that the green bots are going to do badly and the red ones are going to be unicums (Univacs, perhaps?). The inherent superiority of the human players on a ship-for-ship basis then has no chance of making up the difference and a loss, rather than a win, is the almost guaranteed result.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2

[XG]
Members
154 posts
800 battles
37 minutes ago, iKami said:

Clear the minimap for non-CV ships (remove the unnecessary info about returning planes, etc).

Thank God.