You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Firespit_destroyer

Supercontainer

35 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,575 battles

I thought that supercontainers were supposed to be good stuff because they take luck to get. Nope, have 100 sierra mike flags.

gee thanks. Can i have my normal resource container instead of that worthlessness?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 2

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
254 posts

I got 3 supers in the past few days one had 15k coal then the other two were just 100 flags each.

• Angry 1

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
Just now, Firespit_destroyer said:

I thought that supercontainers were supposed to be good stuff because they take luck to get. Nope, have 100 sierra mike flags.

gee thanks. Can i have my normal resource container instead of that worthlessness?

The super containers are now utter garbage. Flags in a super ............. gtfo man. Its awful.

Supertester
2,988 posts
4,104 battles

They cant all be exactly what you want... it may not be ideal but it's a nice benifit. The more baddies you get the nicer the good ones will feel

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,847 posts
10,157 battles
42 minutes ago, Firespit_destroyer said:

I would take 100 Sierra Mike flags I haven't had a SC since I bought some Santa Crates in mid December .

[RKLES]
Members
11,310 posts
12,728 battles
1 hour ago, Firespit_destroyer said:

Sierra Mike flags that increase the speed of your ships are actually rather good to get. I can think of far less useful things you could have recieved.

[NWNG]
Members
3,042 posts
4,915 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Sierra Mike flags that increase the speed of your ships are actually rather good to get. I can think of far less useful things you could have recieved.

Hotel Yankee flags being the most useless...

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
1,326 posts
3,959 battles

I got 50 games.con camos (or what is this camo called) in my most recent supercontainer; never have I gotten a ship or a port slot. I've gotten free XP, commander slots, and coal in the past, along with some lesser rewards, such as other camos and signal flags.

Edited by destawaits

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,103 posts

My best ever, if I remember correctly, was a Dunker - but man, tha's been a long time ago. Reminds me... i should take her out to battle... but yea, SC contents have "or so it appears they have" dropped in value to the player base over the months. 

I just wish the door prize would alternate a bit for the TYL drops. I seem to always get the same four signal flags. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,245 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, Firespit_destroyer said:

Your choice, dude.  It's been said over and over again: TYL is a fool's bet.  A random SC on another type, though, is always better than one of that type.

That said, I'd love to get 100 Sierra Mike.  It's a useful flag that rarely drops anywhere else.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,199 posts
6,145 battles
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Your choice, dude.  It's been said over and over again: TYL is a fool's bet.  A random SC on another type, though, is always better than one of that type.

That said, I'd love to get 100 Sierra Mike.  It's a useful flag that rarely drops anywhere else.

The flags would be nice, I just keep getting stuff like 50 Type 2 camos when I really want coal.

Beta Testers
2,918 posts
23,985 battles
1 hour ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

The super containers are now utter garbage. Flags in a super ............. gtfo man. Its awful.

So true

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,150 posts
2 hours ago, Firespit_destroyer said:

Those are really good to fly on DDs. They add almost 2 kts to the max speed of my Gearing. I use Def AA instead of speed boost so that base speed increase is helpful.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,150 posts
11 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

I remember when I gotten 50k free xp from them.

I got one of those last week. It's put me within 20 k now of researching the Minotaur.

[WOLF4]
Members
183 posts
15,190 battles
3 hours ago, Firespit_destroyer said:

At least you got a supercontainer. I have not seen one in quite some time. Thought they didn't give them out anymore.

[DPG]
Members
1,766 posts
7,931 battles

Perhaps they should reduce the chances of getting a super container if it guaranteed a ship.  That's what it's really all about.  "I didn't get a ship!" 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,150 posts
8 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Perhaps they should reduce the chances of getting a super container if it guaranteed a ship.  That's what it's really all about.  "I didn't get a ship!" 

The odds of getting a supercontaier in a standard draw are about 1%. The odds of getting a ship in a supercontainer are about 1% of that. I've gotten one ship in two and a half years of play from a supercontainer. However, I've gotten a bunch of other really neat stuff. I got enough doubloons for two perma-camos, including one for the Midway. I've also got enough doubloons for 40 more Port slots. Finally, I've gotten at least two months of Premium time over the years. I got 37 days of Premium time not too long ago in a single week from supercontainers. Then, you can add the flags, credits, and free XP I've gotten to all that. I think I'd rather have a diverse selection of goodies versus a slim chance at a ship.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1